Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Pirate Hunting (Draco)

Worlds in the Core Region, including Coruscant and Corellia.

Re: Pirate Hunting (Draco)

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:44 am

Jax grunted at the sudden, unbidden, appearance of a face on the holoprojector and replaced his helmet. He took the time to seal it off again and hit the transmit button. "Mando & ImpKnight Property Retrieval Service here, we're making a delivery of three freighters filled to the brim with misappropriated goods, one fighter/bomber repossessed for delinquent payments, and a wanted pirate king for this sub-sector. Payment due upon delivery." Jax caught the tracker without looking. Well, of course he looked, he just didn't have to turn his head to see the toss or track the object due to his HUD.

He activated the tracking beacon. "I believe you've been expecting us..."
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:56 am

"Expecting you? I've heard nothing-" her head turning to face something out of view of the holo-scan, the woman then returned her steely gaze to Jax, "We are receiving transmissions from an Imperial tracking device... a tracking device broadcasting on Imperial Knight frequency... can you explain this?" rolling his eyes - and more than ready to get out of the cramped bomber - Draco activated his half of the communication equipment, "That is MY tracking device, commander. Recognition code zero alpha zero zero nine,"

The woman seemed taken aback as she looked off-screen again before saying, "Your code is recognized Knight Draco... that is quite an unusual craft you've arrived in, you can't be upset that we-" cutting her off quickly, Draco said, "I can expect what I want, commander. That code is in good order - what was your assignment to this sector?" blinking, the commander said, "We were just sent here, Knight Draco. The actual orders were to be sent to the capt-"

Suddenly a burly looking Talz appeared in place of the commander - waving her away, "Go! GO! I left you on the bridge to summon me when we received the guests we were waiting for - go! Go check the shield-readout or something," the Talz - obviously the captain - looked off-screen before meeting the Bounty-Hunter and Draco's gazes, "I apologize gentlemen, I was ordered not to share the details of you assignment with any of my command crew - that uppity commander was assigned here temporarily and decided to take matters into her own hands," sighing, the Talz checked the code again before nodding, "Everything seems to be in order, I'm releasing the tractor-beam hold on you. The bomber is Galactic Alliance property - so I can't take it on board without violating... oh... SEVERAL treaties. You may find a buyer for it along the outer rim - or try to get it back to the GA, they may reward you for it... Commander! Stop sulking over there and link up with the freighters!"

Cutting the sound as the captain began barking orders, Draco sighed, "You can do what you want with the bomber, Hunter. But I'd appreciate it if you'd dock long enough for me to get off,"
To know where Evil grows
And to permit it to flourish

Is to accept responsibility
For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

"Yes. I'm an Imperial Knight. Antares Draco, don't you recognize me? I've got my slick Imperial Knight armor on and everything." Jax said it happily, solicitously, before turning back to Draco. "This is why you should join the Mandalorians, we don't have jack stupid middle management cocking everything up like some cut rate provincial militia on the backside of Hutt Space." Jax let Draco do his thing with the officer, ignoring the failings of self promoting bureaucracy as it took place around him. Jax snorted audibly when he was told that they couldn't take the fighter aboard. It was short sighted. It wasn't like they had stolen the fighter and they could even get some political credit out of returning it but if they didn't want to Jax would happily turn it over to the GA himself in the name of the Mandalore.

The tractor beam let go and Jax hit the switch for the landing lights and guidance protocols. "You make sure I have travel clearance all the way back to my drop ship, Captain." Jax turned off the coms and bounced the signal for a docking ring off the larger ship's antennas, then watched one light up both on his tactical display and on the side of the light cruiser. "You make sure they do it, Knight Antares. I have a mind for faces and I get irritable when told I can't reclaim my own property because the Empire likes giving the runaround to us blue collar working types."
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:05 am

Raising an eyebrow at Jax's comment, Antares replied, "Of course you don't... just traitors and in-fighting..." shrugging again, Antares said, "What? That IS the misconception that most civilians operate under... there's good and bad behind every government. You just happen to have run into one of ours,"

Removing the cover to one of the repair-chutes in the floor as they flew into the hanger, Antares sat on the edge - looking down at the drop to the hanger floor bellow - and said, "Relax - I know most of the captains in this region of space. When you're disgraced outer-rim patrols become a pretty common operation... he's a good captain. But he's old - young idiots like that commander come here looking to take his place... and they always wash out. They either end up as paper-pushers or they end up as REAL leaders. He won't let anyone track you,"

"As for the ship, with all the treaties we have with the Galactic Alliance the last thing an outer-rim captain wants is the idea that we're helping ourselves to their tech. A ship like this would cause more trouble than it's worth - now, if we ever go to WAR with them again, I'm sure you'll have plenty of assignments to capture ships just like this one," as they neared the floor of the hanger, Antares waved his hand and the rear hatch that the pirate captive had been stored in popped open and the unconscious Houk rolled out, "Don't bother landing - consider it my form of payment of sparing you the ten or twenty hours of debriefing that I've got coming up... as for your pay-"

Just as Antares said that the HUD on the ship lit up with a hologram and the commander from earlier - looking sullen, said flatly, "The original payment for your job has been transferred into your account, bounty hunter. A flat bonus for the total of cargo, data acquired and your captive will be totaled and delivered by the end of the week," not even waiting for a reply, the commander cut the transmission and Antares smirked, "At least my government is prompt," kicking the pirate captive through the hole, Antares's smirk widened as he landed with a wet splat on the floor bellow the fighter. Offering the hunter his gloved-hand, Antares said, "You are a worthy warrior, Hunter... it was an honor to endure that mess with you,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Jax turned his head slightly, his raised eyebrow obviously hidden by his helmet though he imagined the Force user got the idea all the same. "Infighting? You've done that more recently than we have. And treason is an illusion, either the person 'owed' loyalty ceased being worthy of it or the subject was never loyal in the first place. Honor is serving the most deserving purpose one can, and family will always outweigh any government on those scales." He maneuvered them into the hanger and glanced back when he heard the quick exits open.

"I relax when I'm at home, you'd like it there Sir Knight. Not a politician in the entire atmosphere, unless he's in stun cuffs and waiting for pickup." Snickering to himself without cutting the external com, it would be audible. It seemed slightly ridiculous to send one's most experienced officers to the edges of nowhere, unless they were screw ups. In which case you remove them from the equasion entirely. Governments. Go figure. "I'm sure he's top shelf. If you ever go to war with them you just let us know and I'm sure a reasonable payment schedule can be worked out."

Jax turned his seat around and grasped Draco's forearm because fingers were delicate in the grip of crush gaunts. "I'll send you the flier for the Depot, just in case you ever have need for our services. Tell them I sent you and they'll can get you a 5% discount on a ship cleaning, complete with undercoating. While you're there you can get a meal at the diner, order a weapon upgrade, and maybe even buy yourself a gently used droid. Safe journey, Crimson Britches."
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:01 am

Smirking at the comment about the depot, Draco nodded at the tracking device he'd tossed the bounty hunter, "That's got my biological signature on it... won't get you past any customs officers, but the tracker from an Imperial Knight is as good as a thumb print for the majority of Imperial civilians... any Imperial officer or minister who has problems with it will send me a message and I'll confirm it," nodding at the hunter, Draco said, "Keep it... consider it a reference for future jobs,"

Looking around the interior of the fighter one last time, Draco saluted the Hunter one last time and said, "Good hunting," dropping through the hole, Draco coiled his legs under him and landed with an effortless plop next to the unconscious Houk. Picking the alien up with the force, Draco smiled as he caught sight of a squad of Imperial Troopers entering the hanger, "You want to give me a hand with this?" he muttered as the troopers ran up to him, "It's been a busy day,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:08 am

Jax's grip on the tracker turned from a palmed one to two fingers at the mention of biological signature, a joking physical reference to the idea that Draco had sneezed, or worse, on the device. "I'll keep that in mind ImpKnight." A reference on future jobs with the Fel Empire could be invaluable... or the worse idea he'd ever presented to the Clan. Either way, all he could do was turn it over, explain its value, and let the Clan Elders figure out what they wanted to do with it. The Fel Empire was strong but even they were attempting to hold a lot of territory with too few military assets. That was where Mercenaries thrived.

And there was some value to citizens seeing Mandalorians clear their problems up instead of the Imperials they'd been losing hope in.

Then the Imperial Knight was gone, leaving Jax watching the hatch close behind the man. "Re'turcye mhi, Imperial." He turned his seat back around, locked it down, gave everybody a moment or two to get clear, and casually slid the fighter bomber out of the larger ship's docking bay. When he was clear of the vessel he set the fighter bomber into motion, putting the navicomp to work and getting settled into the proper hyperspace vector. It was all an adventure, done and over. Payment for the work was in, reportedly, and another payment would be coming along for the materials recovered. If he got a reward for the freight shuttles too, he'd be sitting pretty for a while.

He slid the levers up and leaped into hyperspace.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Previous

Return to Core Worlds