Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Pirate Hunting (Draco)

Worlds in the Core Region, including Coruscant and Corellia.

Re: Pirate Hunting (Draco)

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Fri May 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Jax let the timer in his HUD run down, patiently and silently watching the numbers tick away. He didn't even lick his lips while he waited though he could have screamed inside the confines of his helmet and no one would have heard a sound. When it hit full zero Jax dug into a small pouch to produce a single credit chit, set it on his thumb and flicked it over his head, causing the credit to spin through the air in an arc over the crates he'd been laying in wait behind. It hung in the air for a fair few seconds before coming down with a small clatter on an empty section of floor. Like Vornskyrs on a sickly rodent, every greedy head in the place turned to look at the source of the sound.

Crates were set down and curiosity got the best of them as they closed in on the location. It didn't take a moment, one reached down and another stepped on the credit to prevent the action, growls sounding out as everybody thought they had a claim on the item... none noticing the silently gliding magnetic lifters as they moved in amongst their legs. A flick of his eyes at a icon on his HUD set both flash bangs off simultaneously a split second after his helmet's audio and visual inputs went dead, flicking back on a half a heartbeat later. Jax came up, his Bryar Pistol leading the way and sweeping blue energy across the prone and not so prone subjects his grenades had put the hurt on. He stepped over the twitching forms, pausing to pick up his credit, and moving on toward the bay that had been the most recent being loaded.

Two pirates came rushing out, their eyes searching for the source of the explosion and the look of confusion on their faces when they spotted the approaching armored figure making it plain they had expected an industrial accident or some such. Jax stepped over their tumbling bodies as he strode up the ramp, having pumped a stun shot into both of them in quick succession while they'd been attempting to process the unexpected presence of a Mandalorian heavy. It was a rather standard vessel of it's type though Jax thought the designers had been drunk when they'd come up with a ninety degree angle cockpit. It was like those damned ships Boba Fett had made popular for a while, Jax would have spat if he hadn't been inside a helmet.

He climbed up and levered himself into the navigator's chair to begin plotting a course which he sent to the next two vessel's coms via line of sight laser transmission just so it could be referenced when the Imperial Knight got to his part. Jax rolled out of the chair, dropped down, and set to making his way toward the third vessel. When he came out of the cargo bay he set off another ping before breaking cover, just to make sure everything was the same as he'd left it.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Fri May 24, 2013 12:50 am

Catching sight of the Bounty Hunter entering the last freighter, Draco crouched down behind a line of crates and began scanning them. They all read as negative - none of them were Imperial cargo. Near as he could tell everything Imperial had already been loaded...

But then a smile spread across Draco's face. What about beating the pirates at their own game? Counting the various stacks of crates and cargo, Draco nodded - almost three dozen different crates and supplies worth of cargo (varying from water to spice and back again to standard droid joist supports) lined the hanger. He didn't have time to make someone else move it all... but he had time to move it himself. Dropping himself into the force, the Imperial Knight reached out with his hand and suddenly several of the crates jerked into the air. Not wishing to tax himself beyond his limit, Draco began moving the supplies towards the transports. He didn't have time to load everything - he was only one Force User. But it was... ... ... something to do with his time while the Bounty Hunter finished.

About half way through the 'extra' cargo by the time the Bounty Hunter emerged, Draco dropped his load in the second transport - having loaded it almost to the brim since it was on autopilot - and slammed his fist against the auto-lock. Glancing at the hunter, Draco jumped down from the ramp and said, "I made myself useful," talking quietly and cooly, the Imperial Knight continued, "Loaded the second freighter with as much as I could before you were finished. The Empire is likely to pay you extra for any bonus booty you bring back... and my participation in the ordeal should serve to levy some of the stigma against my name,"

Checking the crono on his gauntlet, Draco nodded, "An hour and ten left..." pressing the door-releases on the other freighter, Draco waited for the Hunter to do the same with the last freighter and said, "If we're to begin our attack on the bridge, we'd better get these ships out of here now, are you finished with them?"
To know where Evil grows
And to permit it to flourish

Is to accept responsibility
For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Wed May 29, 2013 12:18 am

Jaz came out of the last vessel and was met by the Imperial Knight, the Human all too excited about his own activities while the Mandalorian had been about the business of the day. Draco pronounced that he'd made himself useful. Jax's visor stared impassively at the man for a long moment before swinging in the direction of the downed pirates, still laying precisely where Jax had left them alive and unbound if decidedly unconscious, before swinging back to apparently stare at the Imperial Knight. "If you say so, Jetii." His voice was still flat and emotionless as it came out of his speakers rather than through the air between them. "Your empire won't give me a credit more than they have to... maybe not even that much if they think they can get away with it."

Jax turned and headed for the exit from the loading bay, stopping by the control panel and typing some things in. After a moment he grunted audibly and pulled the panel of, breaking a connection to force another with the same wire. He closed the panel again and tried the same sequence as before, apparently getting better results as he continued on without further hot wiring. "Governments, always mistreating the best weapons they've got. It's a way to saddle the strong with the woes of the weak. You're here, risking your skin for the hope that the people who have no reason to care about you will notice your efforts and hand you a treat. I have a Corusca gem at home that says you don't have a family, am I right?"

He closed the panel and stepped out of the bay, indicating with a gesture that it was in Draco's best interests to exit as well. "I've rigged it so that when those ships launch the containment field deactivates." The loading ramp was already beginning to close on the last, followed by the cargo doors. The loss of the containment field would rather instantly turn the bay they had just exited into another section of atmosphere-less space, a condition Jax could survive for a time in his sealed armor but few other beings walked around capable of withstanding. "They'll launch momentarily. That's the mean part, you ready for the violent bit?"
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Thu May 30, 2013 7:24 am

Antares looked irritated for a split-second when the Bounty Hunter said that the Empire wouldn't give him more than it had to. He opened his mouth - he actually moved to say 'they will if I tell them to' but he didn't... he couldn't say that. His name held no power - his word was not law.

He was a pariah and this Bounty Hunter was right...

"I killed my family," Draco said evenly, "I believe that's one of the unforgivable sins in your culture, yes?" trying to explain what he was doing - WHY he was taking orders from a bounty hunter - and translate it into terms the Mandalorian would understand, Draco said, "Your people are all about family - a man may adopt a son, that son may become involved with that man's daughter and become that man's son not just through bond, but through blood... that was to be my future," Draco shook his head, "Instead I killed the man that adopted me. I have no honor - no title, no name..."

"I don't care if my enemies or my government mock me and mistreat me - they did that when I was the right hand of the man I killed. I rose above them once - I can do it again... no... I have no family," a determined look in his eye - the same look he'd had when he'd stuffed that hauler to the brim, Draco muttered, "For now,"

As they strode out of the bay, Draco nodded, "Simple - easy, the escape looks like an accident. Ships that were supposed to leave blew one of the regulators on the containment field and now an empty hanger is venting atmosphere," shrugging, Draco approached the lift and said, "One more distraction," staring at the Mandalorian - his face just as impassive as the cold space outside the hanger, Draco simply said, "Let's get it done,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:21 pm

"It isn't high on our things to do list... but it happens. Like most killing, it comes down to context." The fact that Draco was still alive and working implied to Jax that there had been some context to his killing, though the Imperial Knight was working hard at over simplifying the matter. Smelled like self-punishment more than anything else but Jax was in no position to investigate it and it likely wouldn't be appreciated anyway. This one had dug into his own punishment hard and was looking to make a form of amends by suffering through it. Still, there was something to be said for the Imperial Knights in that they favored action over contemplation.

"One warrior to another, stop worrying about your punishment and move forward. Start working toward its end and don't fear you haven't paid for your... 'crimes.' I assure you, the weak and petty won't let you off easily. Especially if you do not compromise on the long climb." There was nothing more to say about it. Act like a man deserving of his former position and, eventually, that position would return. There would be plenty of deserved hardship along the way so long as one didn't attempt to cheat ones way to the top. It was time for them to move.

Jax drew his heavy blaster again and pinged the local area again, a wire frame of their immediate surroundings popping up in his HUD once again. "And done it shall be." The turbolift opened and Jax stepped in, moving to the back so he would have plenty of space from which to fire and shift to maintain hard target status. "Either I lead the way and you keep them off my back or you lead the way and I snipe hard targets along the way. Which do you prefer?"
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:56 am

Looking the Bounty-Hunter in the faceplate, Antares felt a bizarre sort of respect and (almost kinship) favor for this man. He certainly didn't feel like spending an overtly large amount of time with him - but he was honorable. And he seemed to grasp Antares' behavior and methods better than the Jedi or other Imperial's he'd dealt with over the past few months.

Finally, Draco inclined his head ever-so-slightly and simply said, "One warrior to another,"

Activating the gauntlet-pad he'd hacked into the turbolift, Antares began entering commands, "I seek my former position - but glory will take care of itself. I will follow your lead on this - your armor is stouter than mine, and even with my Lightsaber we're likely to meet strong opposition on the bridge. This isn't a starship - this is a starbase. Granted, a base carved out of an asteroid, that said there are likely to be turret emplacements and auto-defenses. You take the lead and the brunt - I'll bring up the rear,"

As the turbolift clicked to a stop, Antares smirked when he heard voices but the doors didn't open, "When you're ready," he whispered, "Shout open and they'll swing wide on a ten-second delay, after that it's just right down the middle," unclipping his Lightsaber from his belt, Antares listened and he could hear the bridge crew talking amongst themselves - some of them even beating on the lift doors to make them open, "Vode An," Draco whispered, drawing on what Mandalorian he knew as he waited - primed to jump out the minute the doors blew.
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:42 pm

"I'm going straight for the highest ranked barv on the deck, use him as a hostage to shut down the others before they organize and push us back or such." Jax pulled another flash-bang and attached it to another magnetic saucer, pulling the pin but holding the lever down so it wouldn't start the fuse yet. That was his off hand. He pulled his primary hand close to his body, tucking this custom built light cannon tightly against his chest place and along the right side of his helmet. Jax got his stance right for a heavy charge and glanced at Draco one more time, turning his helmet to make the look obvious to the Imperial Knight. "They are gonna be shocked by my entrance, swing wide and low, and get away from the lift doors. The grenade has a ten second delay before it arms to proximity trigger."

He turned his focus back on the doors, set his feet one more time, and... "Open." The doors opened and Jax charged. His off hand lashed out in a heavy, armored, back handed uppercut that splattered a Chev's blood across the ceiling and completely distracted everybody in the immediate vicinity from paying a lick of attention to the magnetic saucer mounted grenade that Jax slung at the ceiling. Continuing through the movement had Jax trampling the Chev and bowling over two other beings, a Klatooinian and a near human of one type or another, as he passed them. The heavily armored Mandalorian leveled his weapon off to the side and pulled the trigger even as a pair of blaster bolts pinged off his beskar'gam, the report of the weapon in his hands sounding like a light artillery piece being fired in a closed space.

And the blaster bolt that came from that weapon passed clean through a human to explode the console behind him. The fountain of sparks that illuminated the command deck through everything into stark contrast with dark shadows, causing Jax's visor to automatically darken and leaving him to fight via the filtered HUD image. Jax racked his weapon, sending an odd little power pack flying as he suddenly through himself to the side, rolling and coming back up to fire down a row of command consoles. His shot passed through two seperate Duros and Jax was charging again with his head on a swivel in search of the highest ranked member present.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:29 am

The cloud of smoke was all Antares could have hoped for. His armor was useful (with all the various augmentations, body-temperature regulators, arrays of tech and such) but as useful as it was, it wasn't assault-grade.

Luckily he didn't need assault-grade for a change

Because of his force abilities, all Antares had to do was slow his breathing and manipulate his tear-ducts and (unlike the pirates) was able to move effortlessly through the screen of smog. Bringing his Lightsaber down into the communications terminal, Draco twisted the blade and nodded confidently when the internal systems squealed and burst into flames. Swinging his Lightsaber up and through the console at the last second, Antares killed first the communications officer (ensuring no repairs) and then sliced the arm off the guard that went to punch him

Just as a couple of turrets sprang out of the floor

This would have created a problem if the turrets had been high-grade, but these were pirates. Standard optical sensors made them useless - as evidenced in the guards and pirates they clipped when the ten-second explosive sent several of the Bounty Hunter's targets flying into the turrets. Still, the emplacements were a problem - if they got lucky he or the Bounty Hunter could have been wounded, and that wouldn't have suited the mission plan at all. Reaching out with the force, Antares yanked three of the turrets out of the floor. Wiring and cable went right along with them (they'd barely been placed properly) and suddenly the remaining turrets (tracking the movement of the ruined units) were opening fire on each other.

Focusing his eyes with the force, Antares caught sight of a haggard-looking Houk (rolls of muscle and all) bellowing orders to the pirates, "One barv," Draco thought to himself with a cocky nod. If that was the Bounty Hunter's target (and it most assuredly was since the few surviving pirates that the hunter hadn't deftly killed were now distracted by the rogue turrets and the few fires that had been started) then it was time Antares played his part. Making no effort at stealth - simply self-preservation - Antares flipped right in view of the guarding pirates... and was ignored as they yanked out fire extinguishers and tried to quench the nearest exploding console.

Reaching out with the force, Antares yanked one of the remaining turrets out of the deck and flung it at the Houk. Roaring in surprise, the Houk trained his purple eyes on Draco and bellow, "Take out the red one! He started this!" rolling his eyes, Draco just watched as the pirates (who must have been rather... confused since their quarry had shrunk and lost his huge gun... and helmet and ammo-rounds) moved in on him. Keeping his back to the wall - making no over-taxing motions or force attempts - Draco focused on Lightsaber deflection. He needed to be able to survive this attack while the Bounty Hunter went for the Houk captain... you couldn't play distraction and show off TOO MUCH at the same time, "Looks like you'll need reinforcements Houk," Draco called calmly, "Pity you don't have the force, eh?" smashing his fists together, the Houk roared, "I'll show you FORCE boy! Ten Thousand creds to the bum that downs this dingus!"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Turrets, smoke, blaster fire, explosions... it was apparently all the pirates needed to forget that they'd already been charged once. The room, the atmosphere of panic, had its very own flavor that Jax could taste even through the air scrubbers of his sealed suit of armor. The pirates were torn between fighting a threat and fighting a threat that fought back. The fire and Antares respectively. Their boss was shouting orders, playing a game of oneupsmanship with the Imperial Knight. All Jax had to do was step over the two pirates he'd just incapacitated (in all likelihood killed) and walk up behind the being.

The Houk was so focused on flexing his leadership muscles he never noticed the massive suit of armor step out of the smoke of battle behind him, wind up, and smash him across the back of the knees with the light canon in its hands. Jax racked a new power cell and placed the still energy warm barrel of the weapon right against the Houk's temple. "Call them off or I repeat the command to your second."
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Stumbling to his knees, the Houk captain knelt there on the deck glaring at the soldiers who'd stopped shooting at Antares and were looking from the captain, to the armored Mandalorian to Draco and started looking around all over again, "Imps... perfect... listen ya glorified errand-boy," he said to Jax, "The minute my bridge stops sending out commands every frigate in this sector is going to come flying-" shutting his Lightsaber off with a hiss-snap, but not returning it to his belt, Antares said, "You lie, this ion storm will last for several minutes - at least. You've been out of communication with WHATEVER fleet you have for hours - if you weren't, they'd have reported several of your cargo ships leaving the station and heading for the outskirts of the system,"

Staring at Draco with empty violet-colored eyes, the Houk cursed in his native language and muttered, "You filthy stanging sacks of sithspit... what do you WANT?!" Antares nodded at the Houk, "I don't want you, Captain. The one you should be talking to is that Mandalorian right there. YOU are his bounty... as is your cargo. I doubt he's stupid enough to try for the obvious bounties that must be on the rest of your crew... all he wants is you..." glancing at the crew as they slowly began lowering their weapons, Antares said, "And then there's me... I'm here as an observer only, but if I felt my interests were threatened..."

All of the crew watched as Antares switched his hilt from one hand to the other, "All you have to do is hand over the Captain, gentlemen... and I'd suggest leaving this base before an Imperial force comes here to slag it... otherwise... the captain dies... and..." leaving the sentence open, Antares watched the effect as the pirates began calculating their options, "We outnumber these sacks! They ain't got no fleet ready to attack us! Stand your ground!" it was obvious the pirates were selling out (partly because of Antares threats and partly because of the sight of Jax standing there in his armor) but it was obvious one more... push was needed.

Nodding ever so slowly at Jax, Antares hung his Lightsaber on his belt - as if suggesting that Jax use the captain to make a display... but not kill him. Antares knew he didn't really need to say anything - the bounty for the captain was worth almost triple with him alive. Besides, there really was only one more push needed.
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PreviousNext

Return to Core Worlds