Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Pirate Hunting (Draco)

Worlds in the Core Region, including Coruscant and Corellia.

Re: Pirate Hunting (Draco)

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Jax pressed the heavy weapon against the side of the Houk's head just a little harder. "That's well paid errand-boy." His speakers popped when he snorted at the blatant lie the pirate leader tried to feed them regarding the disposition of his assets. Antares called him on it even as a plausible counter lie came to Jax if there hadn't been an ion storm to put such a blatant kabash on the Captain's words. "Actually, those would be our cargo ships now. Finders keepers and all that."

The big Mandalorian just waited, this part had to play out apparently. When Draco indicated that Jax was the one to talk to, Jax gave a lift of his chin in greeting. As for the bounties on the other pirates... his HUD had been sampling faces for the facial recognition software the entire time he'd been in contact with any of the pirates. "None of them worth more than thirteen hundred creds anyway. Wouldn't pay for the fuel to deliver them. Not like him." He gave a moment or two to considering claiming Draco as his biographer. That would be worth a laugh to Jax but he doubted anybody else would find it as amusing.

Things finally came to a head, finally, and they were at a tipping point. Jax kept his helmet oriented on the Houk but his eyes moved across his HUD display non-stop, watching the other pirates trying to make their decision. So, Jax made it for them. Like a crack of lightning he reversed his weapon end for end, a motion that smashed the butt of his weapon right across the back of the creature's head. The Houk hit the ground unconscious and Jax snatched his form up by the collar. Between his own well trained strength and the assistance of his armor he had the Houk slung over his shoulder like he was a sack of feathers. "You guys think about it, look me up if you come to any silly decisions." He gestured with his heavy weapon, indicating it was time to leave and Draco should lead the way.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:10 am

The pirates made no move as their captain was grabbed and the Mandalorian motioned for Draco to lead the way. Keeping his Lightsaber deactivated (but in his hand) Antares continued to sent out 'pulses' of fear around himself as he slowly led the way to the lift - if he moved too quickly or activated his Lightsaber, the pirates might have actually counted their numbers vs. Antares and Jax - and that would have meant a fight that they didn't have time for.

Finally reaching the lift, Antares let the Mandalorian enter first and then followed behind him - just as one of the pirates started to draw her blaster. His hand going for his Lightsaber, Antares had it activated and deflecting the shot before the woman knew she'd fired it

Though she realized he'd sent it flying back at her just as the red-hot hole finished passing through her chest

Standing there, his Lightsaber activated and his red and black armor glinting in the light of the white blade, Antares glared at the pirates (it was all about intimidation, as usual) but they made no move to attack him or help their fallen comrade as the lift doors slid shut and Antares and Jax descended to the hanger bellow.

As the lift doors opened, Antares - his Lightsaber deactivated again - led the way out onto the deck floor. The unconscious guards and soldiers they'd taken out were still where they'd been left, and it wasn't difficult to move along the hanger-bay floor looking for another ship big enough to transport Draco, Jax and their cargo... though it was difficult believing what they'd found when Antares caught sight of half of it sticking from under a tarp, "Wait... hold on..." stopping mid-run, the Imperial Knight slid past Jax and - reaching out with the force - yanked the tarp off of the ship in question, "By the force... what... what's one of the GA's bombers doing here?!" and a GA bomber it was - namely a BB-2 Starfire. A bulky but useful craft, the starfighter had been restricted to GA use since long before the destruction of Ossus.

Approaching the Starfire, Antares noticed the scorch marks on the hull and the holes in several of the armor-plates, "Looks like they've been hitting GA shipments as well... the Triumvirate would be pretty interested to hear that..." triggering the hatch release, Antares looked inside the cockpit and then glanced at Jax, "There's a little storage-hatch for supplies, if you dump the captain in there we can have room to spare for a flight out of here... if the engines still work on this thing,"
To know where Evil grows
And to permit it to flourish

Is to accept responsibility
For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Jax got on the elevator and backed Antares by aiming the heavy blaster rifle at the pirates one handed, the other arm keeping the pirate leader on his shoulder. The end of the heavy weapon didn't waiver an centimeter as it was held at arms length. He'd only be able to fire once but if it came to that he'd put the shot into the ceiling and send them all scattering from falling debris. When the doors closed he returned the weapon to a propped position against his right shoulder. "Well... that was exciting." His voice was so carefully neutral that it was impossible to tell whether he was being serious, sarcastic, or telling a joke. Probably a bit of all three when it came to a reptilian species.

The doors opened and Jax followed Antares across the cargo bay floor, though Jax didn't make any effort to rush. If worse came to worse he'd figure something else out, but there was no reason to believe the Imperial wouldn't find something suitable to get them out of the base. And, indeed, his faith was rewarded when Antares came up with a BB-2 Multipurpose Starfighter. Very impressive. While Draco was checking out the interior Jax was letting his combat computer go to work on the exterior and engine cowlings. The HUD displayed a simple run down of cosmetic damage. "All I'm seeing is skin damage. We won't be sneaking down to the surface of Coruscant but as long as they haven't stripped it from the inside we should be fine."

Jax climbed up into the ship, flopping the Pirate captain roughly ahead of him, opening the hatch as suggested and stuffing the being in. He closed it, latched it, pulled a hand welder out of his gear, and put a couple of spot welds at the corner to keep it closed. "No surprise cameos from him. Lets get her started up before the salesman comes out and makes us sit through a presentation." Jax moved to the pilots seat and was rewarded with a view of controls that were decidedly similar to that of his personal drop ship. Bombers, though much smaller, flew much like the Drunk Duck too.

He flipped a few switches and hit a button to be rewarded with the sound of the start up generator kicking to life. "So far so good, start running the weapons diagnostic. I don't want us pulling triggers to the unsatisfying sound of 'click', agreed?"
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:47 pm

The cockpit of the BB-2 starfighter was roomy enough for several people - though only three pilots were actually required. Two for the various weapons emplacements and one for the pilots seat, "I was really hoping to find something faster... but fitting all three of us in some sort of interceptor or fast fighter isn't likely... not to mention that if we ARE spotted we'll need protection before we need speed," checking the gunnery controls, Antares powered them up and then cross-linked the two gunners positions to the secondary seat, "The heavy weapons look alright... they've ripped out the original proton torpedo emplacements and replaced them with standard concussion missile launchers... my guess is they were trying to make this thing usable without the GA-spec torps,"

Checking the cross-link, Antares nodded, "The lasers and heavy weapons will work in unison... not as accurate, but..." flopping back into his seat as the fighter's engine started to lift the right side of the ship up (but not the left) Draco scowled, "The left engine power-core isn't stable... let me shut down the cross-link," shutting the cross-link between the weapons down, Draco glanced out of the cockpit and grinned as the second engine kicked on and started to provide lift, "Alright... let me spread the power distribution from the cross-link out over both cores..." the pitch of the engines wine rose slightly and Draco scowled, "Alright... it's stable... sort of... those concussion missile launchers weren't hooked in very well..."

Sitting back down in the second gunners seat, Draco exhaled and said, "The launchers will work... but it'll put a strain on the engine cores and we'll lose speed and flight stability..." chewing on his lower lip, Draco checked his wrist-chronometer, "We've got about ten or fifteen minute before the ion storm ends... if we're going to go, we better go now,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jax was flipping switches and running his hands over the controls as he mentally set himself to be able to reach in the right direction for the appropriate controls even if he had to work amidst combat piloting the vessel through a fight. "Yeah... those mostly automated Corellian Corvette Blockade Runners are hard come by these days too, so going bigger and better is out of the question." What they'd found was the only thing they could have hoped for other than a fully armed blastboat fresh off the assembly line. Or a Star Destroyer. Star Destroyer would have been best, and not for the first time Jax kinda wished his family had bid for one of the heavy vessels when the time had been right.

He watched the monitors as Draco played with the power settings, nodding when they erred on the side of having functional engines. "Cut the concussion missiles out of your set up and set them over to me. Anything big enough to require them I can cold fire at by sight, most likely, and we can save power on your link and on the guidance system." He ran the yoke for joy one good time, watching the monitors to make sure the vectoring plates were cooperating, and then started transferring engine power to the repulsors. "I'm reading everything in the green."

Cold firing the torpedoes would take all their guidance away, making them ballistic rockets more than guided missiles. On the bright side, it only took a spark to trigger their launch and they were ballistic rockets with a powerful punch. Good for clearing out over confident picket ships. Jax opened up the throttle, lifting the fighter-bomber off the floor and flicking the switch to close the landing struts quickly. "Hold on to your pretty red armor, we are leaving like we own the place." As they cleared the bay Jax flicked his eyes inside his HUD, sending the signal that would activate the heavy explosive he'd left behind. Five minutes.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:34 am

"Transferring now... alright, all missile controls are on your side - I've got gunnery controls and cross-linked laser fire..." Draco didn't even have a view outside of the cockpit - the gunners seat was totally holographic - and because of the way it functioned there was no up, no down - Draco only had to transfer his field-of-vision across the holographic interface and it would track the target in question

Which was the primary reason the off-market concussion missiles (not built for the interface) had been causing the system to stall. As they cleared the hangar, the first thing Draco noticed was the odd-colored nebula-like gases floating around the huge asteroid-like station. The second thing was the wing of 'ugly' fighters that could be seen on Draco's interface, "I've got a wing of defensive fighters about a click out... cobble-jobs it looks like... bits and pieces from various fighter frames. My guess is the pirates are trying to make sure no one jumps in on top of them... we'd be okay - we're LEAVING the base - but we're flying just about the ONLY ship guaranteed to get us noticed..."

As he spoke the fighters started forming up and moving alongside the station, "Okay... they're trying to contact us..." flipping one of the pre-set com-signal receptors, Draco nodded at the reply, "Com unit down because of the storm... working on the fighter and having to rely on standard site-to-site text transfer..." wincing as the fighters cracked off a warning-shot across their bow, Draco snorted, "As expected, did not work... alright, deploying chaff-pods - they're having a hard time compensating in those buckets they're flying... we'll need to clear the ion storm before I can jump us to hyperspace,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:29 pm

"Confirmed, I've got iconography on this side. I've patched my HUD to provide ballistic telemetry, that should sharpen up the shots a bit if I have to take them." Jax shifted power full to the engines, cutting out the repulsors and making a straight line for the edge of the ion storm. Not necessarily for the closest edge, but the one they could get to under the most efficient burn since there were no straight lines in an asteroid cluster.

The announcement of a combat wing set Jax to casually, gently even, beginning an evasive pattern. It was slow at that particular moment but at extreme range they didn't have to be fast to avoid long shots. "Should have told them we were bugging out to avoid the mutiny. All the same, we have an advantage. We'll put them through their paces. A few of those Uglies will fall so far behind, or break, that they'll no longer be an issue. Use indirect fire on any fast enough to close with us. Their sensors will be so cloudy they're likely to dodge right into one of your shots. I'm maximizing rear shields and angling the deflectors for a chase."

He opened up the throttle and started looking for unpleasant obstacles to use as cover.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:15 am

"Doubt they'd have bought it - no communications in or out of the base. No story would have worked... we just need to get the spast-" spinning the turret-emplacements to target the closest fighter, Draco growled, "Out of here..." tugging on the force to try and enhance his coordination, Draco nailed a few of the fighters, "They're gaining on us - uglies or not they must have used interceptor engines to build them!"

As the fighter sped through another cloud of ionic interference, Draco cursed when he caught sight of a pirate corvette speeding out towards them, "Communications are still down - they don't know what's going on but it looks like we've attracted attention!" changing his target to the corvette, Draco shouted, "Swing low under the torso of the corvette!"

Lurching to the side as the bomber arced under a blast of laser fire, Draco kept his weapons aimed at the underside of the corvette until they were finally loose enough to crack off a shot, "Try firing blind-sided..." Draco muttered. Firing off a round of laser and ion cluster-fire at the underside of the ship, Draco grinned as the corvette suddenly began firing all of it's weapons in random directions, "Unless they look out a window, they won't see what they're shooting at,"

As he spoke two of the uglies tried to follow along the underside of the corvette - but within seconds they'd burst into flame and shrapnel as the corvette chewed into them by accident, "The ion storm is just about over, and we're almost to the edge of the system, if we can keep them off our tail and I can down enough we'll make it!"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:44 pm

"What happened to that Jedi Mind Trick the lot of you are so famous for? Can't convince them a ship they owned just a minute ago still belongs to them?" He started a new evasive non-pattern as he poked the not-Jedi about his lack of smoothness with... another one hit him and he grinned. "Wait, is the lead pilot a female? That could explain the problem." He laughed as the dodged a few incoming shots. "Make them dance, they'll have to bleed speed to dodge a field full of coherent light. Might even make a few of them shake apart."

Jax did as instructed regarding the capital ship, spiraling them down and bouncing up beneath the corvette that was trying to block their escape route. The Imperial unloaded on the vessel's belly, tearing up the targeting arrays for that vector as they passed by. The corvette started firing in an anti-starcraft pattern that Jax risked spinning them past. It worked, they got through without taking an instantly fatal shot from the capital ship. So far so good. He didn't like the idea of being dust.

"If I drop an unactivated concussion missile in our wake... can you hit it just before those fighters get there?" He checked the distance between them and the edge of the system. "Better yet, can you hit two?"
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:28 am

Jerking the control yoke around, Antares growled, "I do not question your methods - bounty hunter," he said with a glower on his face, "I would like to see you convince a squadron of pilots that the text they were reading said something completely different AND was at the same time perfectly in line with their orders," wincing as they took another hit, Draco muttered, "In the middle of an ion storm..."

His face reddening at the mention of the pilot being a female, Draco muttered to himself under his breath and then said, "What IS it with other people and their obsession with my sex life?!" jerking the control yoke around again to line up his sites at the nearest fighter, Draco said, "If it isn't... Ganner teasing me for... ignoring the interests of those twin apprentices when we were students... it's my Captain telling me I'll never relax unless I - quote - get myself some," pumping the air as the navigation system of the corvette fried, Draco glanced at the hunter, "THIS relaxes me. THIS gives me focus... my duty, combat - THIS makes me who I am... women are a... wonderful, and intoxicating distraction... but my duty is far more... involving,"

Returning his attention to the controls, Draco glanced at the hunter when he asked his question, "Better than that, I can hit them as soon as we prep for hyperspace - if we time it properly to detonate the explosives just as we jump and the fighters catch up, our wake will be fragmented, we'll have an even better chance of getting out without being tracked,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PreviousNext

Return to Core Worlds