Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Joint Operations

The Outer Rim worlds, including Tatooine and Mandalore.

Re: Joint Operations

PostAuthor: Nibo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Certainly this wasn't a volunteer mission, Nibo reasoned to himself. In any case there was no way he could refuse to go on the mission. He had been complaining about the lack of action back on the Animus and now that he was getting it, well, obviously he couldn't back out. Besides, the legendary Jedi Knight Antares Draco was here and Nibo's squadron would be working with him. Any apprehension he felt at going into Sith space with just a strike force backing him up vanished, at least for the moment.

There was an opportunity to add to the conversation so Nibo decided to take it. "My squadron is ready for action, Commander. We also share Lieutenant Forge's enthusiasm for blasting Sith."

There was something gnawing at the back of Nibo's mind: What were the estimated enemy forces that they would be facing? Did intel think the Sith still had Annihilator-class starfighters and Dragon ships in operation? He assumed that Commander Jaig would get into that when it was appropriate to do so.
Nibo
Fel Empire
Fel Empire

Faction: Fel Empire

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Antares Draco, Imperial Knight, sighed. Audibly. It was odd, coming from a man who to that point had shown nothing of his personal thoughts. "I serve at the pleasure of the Empress." That was all he had to say on the matter, he wasn't the type to mince words and the details of his situation were his business alone. He would just pretend like Jaig, his former subordinate, didn't know the issue in detail and that Jedi Halcyon hadn't pieced it together over their two encounters before that particular moment. The Corellian Knight was damnably talented at mental tricks in the Force, so talented he'd gotten in Antares head.

"It will be good to work with the 1st Legion again." He'd been making do with the occasional contact with regional or planetary garrisons. The men assigned to such locations were rarely earnest, never as skilled as an active naval attachment, and usually at a loss for how to work with a Force-user. "And the Jedi. Perhaps you can finally learn something, Knight Halcyon."
To know where Evil grows
And to permit it to flourish

Is to accept responsibility
For all that follows
Antares Draco

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm

"If I do I'll add it to the long list of things you'd have to learn to catch up with the average Jedi Knight, Sir Draco." The Corellian responded easily, without even blinking at the suggestion that he had something to learn from the Imperial Knight. "In the mean time, I'll see if Pokere is willing to tutor you in basic meditation techniques."

Kaz turned his attention to Jaig again. "Is this the entirety of our resources, Commander? Or do you have more cards up your sleeves?"
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:35 pm

"I can't speak for the totality of our resources, but these fast frigates have been fully supplied with their requisite star fighters, troops, resources, etc. It's not the same as having two full star destroyers but we aren't out to occupy anything for more than a couple of hours. Our profile, along with the other vessels, is lightning strikes, quick raids, and hit & run tactics. Minimum profile, maximum impact." Jaig looked to Forge. "Anything else to add?"
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Jadsiah Forge » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:16 pm

"The Galactic Alliance has spent the last decade doing just that, that's what we're coming equipped and trained for. The problem being, of course, that it's precisely what the Sith have been learning to fight against for the last decade as well. This won't be a walk in the park, we'll be best served not fighting battles at all. Except as distractions, of course." Lt. Forge pointed at the space stations floating behind Commander Jaig, waving her hand about to take in all the images.

"We don't have the firepower in this group to take even one of the smallest of those through overt force. The Sith have to have built up some civilian infrastructure, or else they'll be looking at division in the ranks followed quickly by rogue warlords. Just like the First Galactic Empire had to deal with after they lost Palpatine."
Jadsiah Forge
Galactic Federation of Free Alliances
Galactic Federation of Free Alliances

Faction: Galactic Alliance

PostAuthor: Nibo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Even though it should have been obvious to Nibo that a significant rivalry existed between the Imperial Knights and the Jedi Order -at least some of them-, Nibo still found the banter to be somewhat disturbing. On a mission of this importance and danger having the two significant Force users at odds with each other was a possible portent of disaster. And, although Nibo felt drawn to the Jedi, his strong partiality to the Imperial cause was forcing him to override the sympathy he felt for him and silently root for Imperial Knight Draco.

"This won't be a walk in the park, we'll be best served not fighting battles at all. Except as distractions, of course."

The idea of getting all dressed up and then only going on a few scouting runs before going home didn't appeal to Nibo. What Commander Jaig had mentioned -lighting strikes and raids- definitely was more to Nibo's liking. He glanced around the room and then said, "From what I've seen we do have the firepower to hurt the softer military targets and infrastructure. We are also small enough, and perhaps this is how our Jedi can help us, to avoid getting trapped by responding Sith forces." Unsure of whether or not he overstepped his place by voicing an opinion on the strategy to use he then added, "But, I'm just a starfighter pilot..."
Nibo
Fel Empire
Fel Empire

Faction: Fel Empire

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

"Oh, a clash of styles." Kaz said, almost as if the situation fascinated him in an academic fashion. "The confidence of the endless Imperial war machine contrasted against the long term preservation of assets of the experienced guerilla warrior. A fascinating dichotomy." The last sentence was spoken, as an aside, to his apprentice in the tone of a mentor passing along insight to a younger up and coming colleague.

The Jedi folded his arms into his opposite sleeves as he took his booted feet off the conferance table to sit upright. "I think both of the fighter jockeys are right, and both tactics have their place. A variety of tactical actions, taken randomly, will be of great use to us. Especially a few useless endeavors to obfuscate any overarching goal we may develop along the way, false trails, side missions, anything that can muddy the water for their seers and analysts." He turned to look directly at Nibo. "That said, I appreciate your faith in my abilities but I fear there isn't a Force user alive who could obfuscate a group of this size from another practitioner making an effort to detect it. Moving quickly, picking our fights carefully, and knowing when to run away will be our finest tool when it comes to surviving sojourns deep into this enemy's territory."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Pokere Nacht » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:25 pm

"But master..." Pokere spoke up but paused, looking around the conference room self-consciously. However, Kaz gave her that open faced look that said he was curious to hear her question. She had been blessed with a master who loved questions because he loved answering them. Even if he occasionally answered them by saying "let me think on it", he always got back to her about it after a day or so. "If they can detect us coming... how would this ever work? Would they not be deployed and ready by the time we get to the fight?"
Pokere Nacht
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Commander Jaig watched each person as they spoke, seeming to be deep into the effort of considering which of the two Squadron leaders had the right of it, then having the weight lifted off her shoulders almost visibly by the Jedi suggesting they were both in the right. She didn't look to the Jedi Apprentice until the girl had asked her question and it was at that point that Jaig responded. "That's a very good question, young lady." She looked at the Jedi for a moment but then turned her full attention to Knight Master Draco, knowing he had the experience facing the Sith with major forces at his back.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Draco nodded to himself though Nibo's turn at the situation, but had to grudgingly admit to himself that Halcyon was also correct in the clash of styles being better as a unified approach rather than something they should be choosing between. Then the girl asked a good question, for a student her age, and when Jaig looked to him he felt obliged to answer even though he knew Halcyon knew the answer too. "Fortunately, we are aided by multiple elements. First, nebulous threats are difficult to sense in the Force. The further out, further away, and less personally directed an attack the less clear any warning through the Force would be to a watcher."

He tugged on the collar of his armor, pulling it away from his neck where it rode up in the high backed chair. "Second, Dark Side practitioners are poorly trained in the more esoteric areas of the Force, especially anything requiring patience. They aren't likely to notice a threat until its imminent and then they run into the defenders dilemma. It's one thing to see an assault coming, it's another thing entirely to see it coming in time to do something useful about it."
To know where Evil grows
And to permit it to flourish

Is to accept responsibility
For all that follows
Antares Draco

Faction: Unknown

PreviousNext

Return to Outer Rim