Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Entertaining the Guest ~ Tag Auren

The Outer Rim worlds, including Tatooine and Mandalore.

Re: Entertaining the Guest ~ Tag Auren

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:09 am

Listening to what Auren said about the enemy, Jaig shrugged, "Well what's the problem then? I mean... the job's done isn't it?" mulling it over, Draco shook his head, "This one is... but now we've got a bigger problem," looking confused, Jaig said, "We've just witnessed the destruction of nearly every pirate in this sector! Instead of trying to grab a foot-hold or a claw-hold in an over-run snake pit we've got several systems now pirate-free and probably grateful for it!"

Nodding, Draco said, "Exactly, that's the problem... we were supposed to get recon on the pirates. Give the Empire time to commit a force to taking this sector... now we've got a sector, people unprotected and probably afraid... and an over-stretched fleet that is now going to be even MORE over-stretched," holding his hand up as Jaig started to object, Draco said, "Jaig, think about it for a second... nobody knew we were here. You heard the pirates - they thought it was a fleet causing all the trouble in their sector. Look at how many ships they had... but the Sith probably knew - they knew that we weren't seriously looking to invade this sector right this very moment... but now we don't have a choice,"

Scowling, Draco said, "The more I think about it... the more I realize that this causes more problems than it solves... think about it, now we HAVE to take over this sector. If we don't it'll descend into chaos. The few colonies and civilians that live here will fall into chaos - the infrastructure of their worlds relied on the pirates. Now we'll have to station governors, moffs, set trade prices and relocate some four or five cruiser-strength ships to keep order... and if we don't do that, we risk other pirates coming in here and taking over - or worse a rebellion because someone on one of the colonies or backwaters decides that we're not doing the job right..."

Jaig looked annoyed, "Okay, we do that - we raise the standard of living for several thousands of people. How is that bad?" muttering to himself as he tried to explain this, Draco said, "Yes but THINK for a second, Jaig! Those are resources and supplies that will be regulated from somewhere else - a gap will appear somewhere. Probably some place or system that the Sith want to take over or get their hands on," shrugging, Jaig said, "Then we don't do that - leave this system alone," Draco shrugged as well, "Yeah but what if thats what they want? An unguarded backwater system with access to crucial hyper-lanes... most of the jump-off portions from this system reach directly to the other side of the core! Either way we go I'm afraid we're doing the wrong thing..."

Sighing, Jaig said, "Well either way we go about it, I agree with Auren - we can't just sit here. If there is some fleet about to jump in on us then we'd better scoot to the nearest holo-net terminal. The details of this mess has got to be sent to Bastion," nodding, Draco glanced at Auren and said, "Looks like your trip is almost over," adjusting the controls, Draco said, "Everybody hang on, we're heading back to the ship,"
To know where Evil grows
And to permit it to flourish

Is to accept responsibility
For all that follows
Antares Draco

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:46 am

Draco could talk for Bastion, it would appear. Sometimes, she wished the man would just shut the hell up, and it was at times like this that a slugthrower levelled at his forehead was a very tempting thought indeed. Auren listened to him wittering on, allowing Jaig to interject every now and then, which she was sure was more for effect than for any real reason, , and leaned back in her seat, hands behind her head.

Eventually, though, enough was enough.

"Draco." She twitched an eyebrow up at him as she managed to catch him as he breathed, for once now words spewing forth from his unusually mobile mouth. "Shut. The hell. Up." Her tone was firm and broached no argument, and, leaning forward from her inclined position, she tutted and shook her head. "You know what they say about silence bein' golden? Well, it's about frickin' platinum right now!" Auren facepalmed. In fact, she double facepalmed.

"God, it's like travellin' with a bunch of spoiled kids," she muttered, remembering the school trips with the offspring of other Corellian nobles. Jaig might have been good in bed the night before, but damn... the bickering with Draco was getting on her nerves.

"Oh hallelujah, someone agrees with me," she laughed, shaking her head in near disbelief. "If we stay here, we're sittin' ducks for whoever's responsible for this, an' personally, I'd like to get wherever we're goin' intact, thankyouverymuch!" She tossed a weary grin at Draco. "Now are you gonna get us the hell out of here, or do I have to do that too?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:15 am

Giving Auren a sour look as he adjusted the controls, Antares said, "Yes mom," jerking the hyper-drive switch back with a yank, Antares was forced back into his seat for a second as they slid into hyperspace and left the devastation behind them.

Turning to face Jaig's holographic projection, Antares said, "You getting anything off the transceivers we've hooked into?" shaking her head, Jaig said, "About what you'd expect - we've gotten several transmissions from the pirate bases around her suing for peace... heh... you were right about them thinking we had a fleet. Thanks to the captain, they now seem to be under the delusion that we wiped out a pirate armada with a scout ship,"

Smirking to himself as the ship traveled along towards its destination, Antares muttered, "Too bad I couldn't convince the Moff council and the Knight leaders about that... THAT would be glorious," shaking his head, Antares stood up and rubbed at his face, "Well Auren, when we dock we'll be heading for the nearest holonet hook up at the edge of the system to report... after that they'll recall us to the nearest Imperial base and-" shaking her head, Jaig called over the projector, "Not exactly, Commander... just before you jumped into that ruin of a fleet we got a call from the capital. You, me and most of my squad are on recall to the homeworld,"

Making a face as he stood there, Antares stretched, "I'm guessing more rookie-training?" Jaig shook her head, "They didn't say, just a basic recall and report ASAP..." muttering to himself Draco sighed and began to turn off the auto-pilot as they slid out of hyperspace, "Probably won't be to tell me what a good job I've done..." switching the projector off, Antares sent a docking signal to the scoutship and allowed the tractor-beam to take over, "Well we're on stand-down now... looks like the exciting part is over Auren, you think you'll be bored without snotty Imperial Knights to save?"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:43 pm

Auren smirked at Draco's petulant response to her telling him to shut up. For just a second, there was blissful silence in the shuttle, almost as though none of his men had ever expected someone to tell the man to stop talking. There were very definite benefits to being upfront, and also to having no attachment to the Imperials whatsoever. They had no control over her at all, no matter what they might like to think.

The exchange between Draco and Jaig continued, and it appeared that the action was over just as soon as it had begun. Auren was almost disappointed. She had asked to go along on the jaunt, expecting there to at least be something interesting - or beneficial - that she could have gotten out of things. Instead, she got a ready-destroyed pirate fleet, and a kiss-my-ass-goodbye kinda thing from the Imperials. Clearly, she had outlasted her usage, and was about to be ditched at the earliest available opportunity.

Great way to make a girl feel good about herself.

"You know what," replied Auren, her face more or less impassive. "I think I'll enjoy the peace and quiet, an' you guys can get yourselves in an' outta whatever fires you like." It was the first - and likely the last - time she would take on a job for the Fel Empire, no matter how much money was on offer.

And then came the news that the team was being diverted, and Auren twitched up a laconic eyebrow. "So where'll you be dumping me, now?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:50 am

Draco snorted at Auren's reply, "You didn't really get the message, Auren. So I'll excuse the 'cheerful' reaction I'm getting... Jaig and I are the one's that are leaving - this ship still has a patrol to man and a mission to complete. After a days ride to the nearest holonet link-up they'll be back on course - you won't be dumped anywhere, Jaig and I and... however many of her troop will be loaded on the fastest ship the Captain can find and... oh..."

The holo-projection of Jaig looked smug, her scarred face an odd amalgamation of amusement and enjoyment, "Indeed, sir. We'll be loaded onto that ship you're flying," making a face as the Nemesis-class patrol ship was loaded into the hanger, Draco muttered, "THIS bucket of insects and bacteria is the fastest ship onboard?" shrugging as she picked her helmet up off the communications broadcaster, Jaig said, "It's a scout-ship sir, be with you in a minute,"

Sighing as the holocall went dead again, Draco returned his gaze to Auren, "Other than being a day short on your trip, you'll arrive right where the captain agreed to drop you off," shrugging as the crew that were staying on the scout ship began to off-load, Draco said, "You'll have a few peaceful days without me complaining to bother you - and arrive maybe a day later. Bargain fulfilled - no dumping required... not a bad deal all things considered,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:32 am

Auren couldn't help smirking as Jaig announced (rather smugly, she thought) that the scout shuttle would be what was taking them back to Bastion. She glanced across at Draco before turning her gaze to Jaig. No harm in winding up the uptight bastard one more time, for shits and giggles. "Hey Jaig... before you go? I'll keep my bunk warm for ya," she grinned, tossing the other woman a lewd wink. Nothing quite like pissing off the boss.

She snorted in derision at Draco's comment about "only losing a day of her trip". "Hey, the sooner I'm away from any Imperials, the happier I'll be," she chuckled. "You guys have brought me nothin' but trouble." Not to mention the shit she might be in if the pirates, or any of her less than savoury associates, might rain down on her if they ever heard that she had been consorting with the enemy.

Her life just wouldn't be worth living.

"Okay, so I'm bein' dropped off where we agreed. But I left all my stuff on the ship," she said, raising an eyebrow. "Firstly, how'm I gonna get my stuff back..." She grinned at Draco, one of those too-smart smiles that said she might just have him over a barrel. "An' second... how'd I know you're gonna carry through on this 'favour' of yours?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:52 am

About a day ago Auren's flirting would have bothered Draco no end - but after all the 'quality time' he'd gotten with the two sex maniacs over the past few hours, all he did was roll his eyes as Auren flirted with Jaig one last time and the holocall went dead. When she said that the whole lot of Imperials had been nothing but trouble, Draco snorted and patted her on the shoulder as the tractor beam eased them into the hanger, "Well Auren, just so you know, you've been a wonderfully charming woman from day one and I look forward to the day when our paths cross again,"

When Auren asked about her stuff, Antares sighed, "Auren, Jaig, I and her squad are being crammed into this tiny little pit of oil and bugs - do you REALLY think lover-girl would let ANY of your stuff get left behind?" as the ship was finally released onto the hanger bay floor, Antares said, "Jaig would have made sure all of her arsenal AND my belongings were gathered up for the transfer on this scout ship... when she was DOING that, she would have gathered your things too. So I'm sure all your stuff are in your new quarters... unless you'd rather spend MORE time in the brig - which if you told Jaig NOW, she'd probably make sure the lot was moved there so you didn't have to wait for it,"

When Auren flashed him a grin, Draco leaned forward and said, "My dear woman, I said I owed you a favor - it's up to YOU to decide when and where it's used. If you want to use it now go ahead - I doubt you have anything left to bother me with... if you said right now that you not only planned to spend the rest of your trip in the brig, but in the brig with the brig COMMANDER; I wouldn't bat an eyelash. If you're ever in trouble or you need a contact to get out OUT of trouble - again - the favor is there... it's not like you can't access a communicator somewhere,"

Glancing over his shoulder as the landing ramp lowered and Jaig's troops began moving onboard and off (depending on their assignment) Antares said, "And here we are,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:28 am

Auren genuinely couldn't wait to get away from Antares Draco and the rest of the Imperials. Well, maybe not Jaig, but she was the exception, an interesting diversion to while away the night. She was under no illusions that she and Jaig would even encounter one another again after this little jaunt, and that was just fine with her.

The smirk stayed firmly in place as Draco got his knickers in a twist again over her concern for her belongings, and, placing her feet up on the console in front of her, hands casually behind her head, Auren, shrugged. "Now, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were jealous. Draco," she grinned. "Question is... which one of us do you have a hot nut for? Or is it just that you like to watch? You never know, Jaig might be up for that." Ah, it would never get old, teasing the hell out of the Imperial Knight. He was just too easy to wind up.

She smiled enigmatically as he outlined once more the terms of this "favour". It didn't seem too bad, but it also seemed the kind of thing she might not actually ever have need of. And then, she would have put herself through all this shit for nothing.

"I'm gonna hold you to that," she affirmed as the shuttle docked in the hangar. "You might just get away with the better end of the deal on this, though." She hadn't been charged once in her long career, and she didn't plan on starting now. Lowering her feet unceremoniously to the floor as the troops began to disembark. Auren cocked an eyebrow, a mischievous grin on her face.

"You know, I'd love to say it's been a pleasure... but I'd be lying."
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:03 am

A strange look came over the normally prudish and stoical Imperial Knight as he leaned over to Auren and said softly, "How do you know you two wouldn't just drop dead from the experience?" before he could hear Auren's response Antares looked up and nodded as Jaig's troops began loading their gear and supplies for the trip to Bastion. Moving from his seat as Jaig entered, Antares rolled his eyes as Jaig nodded at Auren and said, "Sexy," "Now, I'm curious Jaig," Antares said as he leaned against the cockpit door, "Is sexy a title or a affectation?" glancing at Auren, and then leaning forward in her seat to look at Auren's backside, Jaig straightened up and pulled her helmet off, "A general description, I'd say sir,"

Exhaling as he looked from one woman to another - a serious look on her scar-ridden face (despite the pixie-like gleam in her eye) Jaig remained at attention as Antares shook his head and said, "I rather set myself up for that didn't I?" glancing at Auren, Jaig started nodding and said, "I think you'd have been disappointed if I'd not taken the chance... sir," actually laughing, Antares said, "You don't ever want to make any rank higher than Captain do you, Jaig?" shrugging, Jaig said, "If I ranked higher commander I'd outrank you - and I don't think you'd enjoy most of the orders I'd come up for you, sir,"

Staring at her, Antares clicked his tongue against his teeth and said, "Set myself up for THAT one too... right then," backing away from the door so Auren could get out, Antares said, "So long then Ms. Donos - good luck... try to avoid not having fun anywhere else - I'd hate for you to cash in that favor so soon,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:41 am

((OOC: I think this is a good place to end this, don't you?))
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PreviousNext

Return to Outer Rim