Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Entertaining the Guest ~ Tag Auren

The Outer Rim worlds, including Tatooine and Mandalore.

Entertaining the Guest ~ Tag Auren

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:05 am

M04D25

Muttering to himself as he descended in the lift, Antares ran his fingers through his hair again. This late at night, he didn't even have his armor on. Wearing a simple sleeping shirt and a baggy pair of trousers, he'd pulled on a pair of sandals and lead-footed it down to the brig.

Apparently his 'charge' had been less inclined to sleep than him...

Another pointless and glory-less assignment. The pirates in this area of space had and always would be a problem. Privately run off-shoots of the Exchange, the Consortium and the Black Sun, the pirates had proven more and more of a problem as late with Imperial ships and property going missing... worse, some of their colonies in the nearby sectors had been raided - leaving many wounded and none to tell which way the pirates went.

Enter one Auren Donos.

The Captain of the Ardent Class Frigate Indefatigable wasn't sure if she'd been born here, or if she just knew her way around, but she'd already led them to two Pirate listening posts that had been hacking into the Imperial connections for the Holonet. With her to guide them, the captain intended to perform a scouting mission and map out this sector once and for all. Then, once they found the base and counted the number of ships, a full Imperial fleet would be called in to wipe this sector clean.

That had been the theory when she'd been brought on board four days ago anyway...

Having been sent to one of the colonies at the behest of a Moff who wanted to collect the remains of his brother, Antares had been diverted to the Indy (as the crew affectionately dubbed the frigate) and ordered to keep watch and guard Auren... though, as he'd found out, there had been a third section of that agreement when she'd signed on for passage.

He was ALSO her entertainment...

Rubbing at his eyes as he entered the detainment section, Draco nodded as Captain Jaig approached him. Her short-cut red hair, facial scarring and blue eyes made her look fearsome and imposing - despite her mothering tendencies towards her troops. She was a slight and dainty-looking woman but she had a fist that could knock you out of the sector if the mood took her, "I take it she wasn't as tired as she said?" Jaig looked annoyed, "It wasn't needed to call you down sir - my troopers were willing to deal with her, no one was hurt and-" suddenly the chief of security approached and said, "That is not what is in question. I am in command here - Captain. That woman was handling Imperial weaponry without Imperial permission. Her minder - Master Antares - was not minding her, so I will do so. She is going to be locked up in the brig until the captain sends for her - as she SHOULD have been when she was brought on board,"

One of those 'knocking you out' moods seemed to fire up in Jaig's blue eyes as she growled, "I wasn't challenging your authority Chief. But the woman is harmless and the captain-" the chief snorted, "The captain assigned that woman to this Imperial Knight to take care of. If he won't do his job, I have to do my job," cool as ever, Antares held up his hand when Jaig seemed about ready to boil and said, "She is a guest here, chief. A guest. Where was she found?" Jaig scowled at the chief and said, "She was in the armory - using one of my troopers training rifles. It wasn't even loaded with-" the Chief of security banged his fist against the wall, "That is an irrelevance! She used Imperial weaponry without permission. She was trespassing - she belongs in my cells and will be let out when we reach dock IF she behaves herself,"

Glancing at the chief of security, Draco said, "The captain was given discretion over her activities while onboard. In turn, he handed the duty of watching and observing her over to me. She has done no harm - at most, she would have a slap on the wrist for being in the wrong section. We are a scouting frigate - not a warship. Release her," the chief of security glared at Draco, "Now see here-" Draco sighed, "I am well aware that you don't trust me, chief. I am also well aware that the captain would release her into my charge... now do we wake him up - or do we resolve this?" glaring at Draco, the chief motioned for the guards, "Allow Knight Draco access to cell block 8138," nodding at the chief - and at Jaig (who looked smug) Antares brushed past them and headed for the assigned cell block.

Reaching the door, Draco flipped the door-release and - leaning against the frame, yawned as he observed his charge, "Were you bored this time - or did you just want attention?" he asked with a grumpy scowl.
To know where Evil grows
And to permit it to flourish

Is to accept responsibility
For all that follows
Antares Draco

Faction: Unknown

Re: Entertaining the Guest ~ Tag Auren

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:17 am

This was the first and last skrogging time that Auren would set foot on an Imperial ship, no matter how good the remuneration. Her stay on The Wheel had been cut short by an offer from the Imperials that she really couldn't afford to refuse, and might even be enough to top up her funds so that she could afford a ship of her own. Whichever way she looked at it, becoming her own boss was more and more tempting. No more waiting around for the "right" crew, no having to consider jobs she would rather not do. Okay, so she might have to go legit to avoid being hauled in by the authorities left, right and centre, but that would be a small price to pay...

Right?

Anyway, she had taken the job four days ago, having spent a week bumming around The Wheel trying to find the right crew, and never quite managing it. A simple job: directing and guiding an Imperial crew to Pirate outposts in the Outer Rim. Not exactly rocket science, and it would appear that someone had recommended her for the job. One of the conditions of her taking the job, though, had been free rein: she did what she wanted, when she wanted, when she wasn't needed for guidance. That condition had been granted seemingly without reservation, and so, even though a little reluctantly, Auren had joined the crew.

They hadn't told her about the priggish Imperial Knight with a stick up his ass who had to follow her every move, though. So she played nice during the day, letting him tag along and keep her "under control", before ditching him at night, letting him think she was getting to sleep good and early. Yeah, right. She had the agreement that she could explore the ship at will, and explore she would.

However, some idiot of a security goon had seen fit to ignore this condition, and, upon finding her familiarising herself with the ship's weaponry, had tossed her into the brig. Not what she had signed up for. The easiest way to secure her release would be through refusing to cooperate any further with the ship's captain on what she had been hired to do, and that was precisely what she had proceeded to do. It hadn't taken long before her minder was called down, and Auren sat calmly on the floor of the brig, one knee hugged up to her chest, listening to the raised voices.

She was nothing if not able to cause trouble.

The cell door opened, and she glanced up, giving a cocky grin to the Imperial Knight. "You took your time," she replied, an amused smirk on her lips. "An' what makes you think that I wasn't just missin' your scintillatin' company?" She stood, her arms crossed across her chest, her head tilted at a challenging angle. "Well? Are we gettin' out of here, or are you just here to tell me that I'm being tossed off the ship at the next available spaceport?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:12 pm

Staring at Auren as she stood there - her arms crossed over her chest, imposing as ever (despite her slight frame and girlish face) she seemed to be challenging him

Again

"If you really enjoyed my company," Antares muttered, "You'd have let me get some sleep so I wouldn't spend most of our conversations dozing off," that was an exaduration of course - Antares actually letting his control slip enough to 'doze' when he was talking to anyone wasn't just unlikely, it was unheard of.

Tilting his head to one side as she asked him if he were going to throw her off the ship, Antares just growled and rolled his eyes, "You know I'm not. The vacuum-seal hadn't been applied to the door. You heard what I said to the Chief of Security. You were hired for a job - the captain appointed me to make sure that you do that job smoothly. You sitting in a cell or getting thrown off the ship means that job can't be done," backing away from the door, Draco motioned her out, "I'm not going to wake up the captain this late at night, ask him to 'punish you severely' and then get told that I still have to watch you WHILE you sit in a cell,"

Following Auren as she led the way out of the brig, Draco signaled Jaig (who was in a hushed argument with the chief of security) and once she approached, he said, "Jaig, you and I are just guests here. The chief may be rude-" Jaig shook her head, "With all due respect, sir. He's an ass," Antares sighed, "Fine. He may be an ass, but he has more pull with the captain than I do... do you really want to upset him? We're Imperial soldiers, getting thrown in the brig is the sort of behavior pirate crews or GA troops are known for," glancing at Auren, Jaig muttered, "He IS an ass, ma'am," Antares rolled his eyes, "Jaig-" sliding her helmet on, Jaig saluted Draco, "Orders received, sir. Avoiding the ass," motioning her lieutenant out the door, Jaig stalked out ahead of Auren and Draco.

Sighing, Draco said "Now, are you hungry or something? If you still want to try some imperial weapons out we can go by the hanger deck and you can use one of the simulators..."
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 am

"If I really enjoyed your company, I would have seduced you, instead of sneaking away to the armoury."

There was no malice in her voice, just a light amusement that said she was just toying with him, and probably always would be just toying with him. "Maybe I should seduce you," she mused. "It might remove that giant stick from your ass, and you might be a whole lot more fun to work with." She doubted it, though. Antares Draco appeared to have been born to the dictionary definition of "uptight".

"I bet you've never had fun in your whole life, have you," she teased, sauntering easily out of the holding cell, hands in pockets, and tossing a cocky smirk to the security chief. The red-haired woman, the one with the scar on her face who had argued against tossing her into the cell in the first place, brought a smirk to her lips as she asserted that the security chief was an ass. "Couldn't have put it better myself, darlin'," she grinned, cocking her head towards Draco. "Maybe you should be givin' this one lessons in loosenin' up a little."

Auren grinned as Jaig walked away, and she cocked an eyebrow at Draco. "Talkin' of asses... she has a nice one," she remarked, solely to see just how deeply she could make the Imperial Knight blush. "And no, I'm not hungry, and I don't want to mess with a simulator. You and I both know that those things are shit." She brushed a hand back through her hair. "I don't know what you've been told, but guns are my thing. This whole 'guide' crap was just to get my passage." She paused, narrowing her eyes slightly. "So why don't you do what you're bein' paid for, and keep your guest happy, huh?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 am

Antares rolled his eyes when she said she'd have seduced him if she enjoyed spending time with him, "You assume a lot," he said cooly as he walked behind her. Smirking to himself, as he said, "Such as my even being attracted to a woman with your... gifts,"

Pole-assed or not, Antares Draco wasn't about to be out-smarted by a drifting space-grifter. No matter how much 'seduction' she had planned.

Listening as she commented that he'd probably never had fun in his whole life, Antares said, "Ah yes, fun - the employment of time in a profitless and non-practical way," he snorted, "Forgive me for daring to actually care about my people but, for some reason, I've spent so much time keeping it from falling that I haven't had time for... fun," the whole statement having been as detached and cynical as ever, Draco rarely revealed the passionate soul he'd been known for in youth.

His master had always said it was his greatest weakness and his greatest strength. He'd learned to control it... what did it matter if some spacer knew what he'd once been capable of in the 'fun' department? What did it really matter what ANYONE thought about him anymore... he was still the greatest warrior in the Empire. And he would do his duty.

Rolling his eyes as Jaig acted so unprofessionally in front of Auren, Draco kept his tongue as Jaig replied, "When I trained recruits at the academy, the first thing I always ended up doing after they graduated was taking the stuffiest grunts out and getting them blind-drunk," glancing at Antares, Jaig said, "The Imperial Knights are even more strict than the Imperial Military... trust me, ma'am. I got away with my shenanigans in the old days because I'm the best," there was no pride in that sentence. Just a statement of fact, and (despite her short stature) Jaig's posture made it clear she was willing to back that statement up.

"They don't let military captains into teach their Knights any of the best stuff," she chuckled under her helmet, "If they did, they'd probably enjoy themselves more before they fought to the death for king and country," saluting Antares as she left, Jaig glanced over her shoulder at Auren's comment about her ass and said, "And you've got nice legs love... should wear a shorter skirt and show the best bits,"

The smirk Jaig showed under her helmet couldn't be seen, but the flirty motion in her walk as she departed made you wonder if she didn't wink as well...

Blushing slightly, Antares muttered, "It's too late at night for this," glaring at Auren when she said that they both knew that simulators were shit, he said, "I spent the better part of my years as a recruit in those simulators. I can fly any craft thanks to them, they're a good learning tool," listening as she told him that what he should focus on was keeping his guest happy, Antares muttered to himself again and sighed, "Alright, alright... fine. You were arrested for trying out Jaig's training gear - right? Well how about I get us clearance for the armory and you can try out the training E-11's and the standard ARC-9965's our troopers use now?" he shrugged, "The ARC-9965's aren't available outside of the Empire. If guns are your thing you couldn't do better,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Thu May 02, 2013 6:45 pm

"Oh, more to the point, I was making the assumption that it's women you're attracted to," she stated simply. "My bad. Note to self: the stick is only up Draco's ass when something else isn't." Auren twitched a challenging eyebrow at the man, knowing full well that if he even tried to argue the comment that she had made, he would be admitting that not only did he find women attractive, but there was likely something about her that had caught his eye. He was too easy to read for his own good.

"Fun makes the galaxy go round, Mr Knight," Auren asserted, a wry twitch of her lips making her opinion of Draco's sad, joyless little life very clear. "So what makes you happy, Mr Knight," she teased. "What puts a smile on that hard little face of yours? Or would a smile make that steely visage crack?"

Auren decided that she liked Jaig. Straight-talking, not afraid to stand up to the pompous ass who had been assigned as her minder, the woman had a pair of big, brass ones clanking between her legs, probably big enough to scare the living daylights out of Draco if needs be. "You sound like my kinda woman," she grinned, raising that challenging eyebrow at Draco again. He was clearly uncomfortable with the whole scenario, which made it all the more fun. "Sounds like all Imperials need a bit of loosening up." Her eyebrows shot up her forehead at the comment about her legs. "Oh, you'll never catch me in a skirt, so you'll just have to keep usin' that imagination of yours..." Well, maybe. Jaig's ass alone was an attraction in itself. Maybe she'd have to look her up.

"It's only late if you convince yourself it's late," she said curtly after Jaig had left her alone with Mr Stick-Up-The-Ass. "Me, I don't need much sleep, and I have to relax before sleep." Not that there was much relaxation to be found on board an Imperial ship. "Simulators are all well an' good for flyin, but not for usin' guns." She perked up at his offer to use the armoury legitimately, though. "You're on," she replied, a hint of excitement in her voice. "But you gotta let me use them properly," she asserted. "None of this screwin' around with just sightin' them up, an' not firin'. We got a deal?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Fri May 03, 2013 1:57 am

Raising an eyebrow at Auren's comment, Antares flatly said, "Really? You're going to try that card after you and Jaig spent all the time flirting with each other?" rolling his eyes the Imperial Knight didn't even bother commenting any further than saying, "I have loved one woman and one woman only. Loved with more passion than a drifter like you can ever dream... I lost her. But I still have that passion, and I will never betray it,"

Snorting when she said that fun made the galaxy go 'round, Antares said, "If fun is the sound of your enemies footsteps as they run... and if joy is the sound of a blade not scything through skin because your opponent knows you have the upper hand... and if Excitement is knowing that those that can't will be protected by those that must," he shrugged, "Then I have fun regularly. But the galaxy goes 'round no matter whether I'm having fun or not," when she asked him what made him smile - what brought him joy, Antares said, "Quiet meditation, away from irritants that distract me,"

Rolling his eyes as Auren made him promise that they could actually USE the weapons, he said, "Your future lover always has the same principals when she's on a ship - make sure the barracks are as basic as possible. No excessive comfort or - as she calls it - foofra. Make sure the food is as nourishing as possible for her troops... and set up a gun range," he shrugged, "If you'd used one of the training E-11's she'd had set up in the hall down from the armory you'd probably have met her and not got into trouble. Going into the armory where Jaig keeps the rifles on recharge for training probably wasn't the best idea of the century,"

Entering the lift, Antares pressed the button for Deck 10 where the armory and equipment supplies were.

Exiting the lift, Antares beckoned for Auren to follow him. Heading down the hall and taking the third door on the left, he turned on the lights and said, "Jaig also runs a tight shift - those not on night duty in the hanger will be asleep. So we don't have an audience," being uncomfortable with any weapon that didn't have a blade, Antares picked up an ARC-9965 like it was alive and set it on the table in front of Auren, "Standard issue ARC-9965, it carries bigger power-cells than a standard E-11 and has mostly replaced it's ancestor. That said, in assault conditions the E-11 is still favored as it can fire quicker and carries a larger amount of clips before needing replacement - even if it is far less accurate,"

Sounding like a cut right out of a storm troopers text book (which is what it was - just because he didn't like gun-based weaponry didn't mean Draco didn't know all the details concerning them) Antares then set a standard E-11 in front of Auren, "Here you go, the gun that made the Empire famous... and, from Jaig's private collection," bending down next to a battered-looking trunk, Draco pulled out a small carbine-like weapon that looked like an ancestor to the E-11, "Used during the Clone Wars by the Republic's elite; the DC-15S carbine," setting it on the table, Antares said, "When I met Jaig before she made captain - this was her weapon of choice. She still uses it when she's training recruits,"

Pointing to scrawled-text on the side of the barrel, Antares snorted at the name 'Vera' and said, "She treats that thing better than she treats her trainees,"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 pm

"Hey, I'll play any card in my hand if it gets results," smirked Auren. "An' since when did I ever say anythin' was bad if you were into guys? Maybe I'd like to watch, instead." Not her sorta thing, but it was bound to at least get a wince, if not a blush, from a stiff like Draco. "Besides, Jaig looks like she might be a damn sight more fun than you." Auren did little more than quirk up an eyebrow at Draco's assertion that he had been in love... once. "Maybe you oughta try it again. Seems to me like you need to get laid to sort out that attitude problem of yours."

She frowned sourly at the Knight's definition of "fun", snorting derisively. "Damn, you've never lived," she replied firmly. "Sure, there's a lotta fun to be have with guns, and chasin' people around the galaxy, but hell... you gotta let off steam somewhere, an' all I'm seein' with you is this big ole head of steam just about ready to explode. Seems like all that meditation ain't doin' shit for you."

Auren listened calmly as Draco taunted her about Jaig. Sure, so she had appreciated the woman's ass, but it didn't mean that she would end up screwing her brains out. That was a hint of jealousy right there, and something that she enjoyed, simply because it showed a huge chink in the Knight's emotional armour. Whether it was jealousy over her appreciating Jaig, or vice versa, she didn't care: what mattered was that there was something simmering away under the surface for some reason.

She could work with that.

Following Draco into the lift, she listened to his explanations about the weaponry. Those "Empire exclusive" guns sounded pretty cool, although they were trumped by the items from Jaig's "private collection".

She toyed idly with the ARC-9965, before switching to little "Vera", and quirking an eyebrow up at Draco. "So why're you showing me Jai's collection," she asked, playing with Vera's sight. "What' so interesting about it?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Antares Draco » Mon May 06, 2013 1:39 am

Draco shrugged at her question, "The woman is obsessed with weaponry and armor of varying designs. She collects specs and read-outs of several weapons and she takes care of that thing better than herself," he shrugged again, "I don't use blasters or guns - I know specs, design history and such... my best guess to keeping you..." blinking as he searched for the right word, Antares said, "Entertained, was grabbing something from her private stock," he shrugged as he walked over to the gun range control panel and started activating it, "She's protective of that weapon, but I doubt she'll care if it's put through its paces by someone who can handle it,"

As the lights came on along the range, several targets slid out of the wall with varying target marks on them, "Besides, she's under my command - and I'm tired of getting you out of trouble. I'm devoting my time to keeping you and the Chief of Security on opposite ends of the ship. She can devote one of her blasters,"

Coming over to the console next to Auren, Antares activated the shielding to keep any stray blaster bolts from going through a bulkhead, "As for what's so interesting... like I said, I have little interest myself in blasters - but it seemed to me that if Jaig gets turned on by antiques like that..." entering his key-code, Antares nodded as a flash of blue light appeared and spread across the surface of the corridor where the gun range was set up, "Then it must be interesting or rare or whatever enough to keep you busy for a while," he shrugged as he stepped back and motioned for her to go ahead and start, "At least that's what I hope - if this doesn't work I'll have to think of something else, and if THAT doesn't work it really WILL be down to the brig - won't it?"
To know where Evil grows

For all that follows
Antares Draco

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Tue May 07, 2013 5:22 am

Draco, in turns, seemed almost dissmissive, yet in awe, of Jaig. The way he spoke of her, and the fact that the woman took better care of her weapons than herself almost smacked of jealousy, although why a fully-fledged Imperial Knight would be jealous of a soldier, she had no real idea.

Hefting Vera in her hands, Auren savoured the tactile sensation of the older weapon. Guns such as this seemed so much more substantial than more modern weapons, and it was easy to see why the other woman liked this gun so much. "Seems to me like Jaig takes good enough care of herself too," she remarked lightly. Anything to get a tease in to the uptight, prissy Knight. She settled the sighting on the gun again, tested the basic mechanism... perfect. The woman sure knew how to keep her guns in good condition.

Auren cast Draco a sharp look as he expressed that he was tired of getting her out of trouble. "I guess you'd better be gettin' your Chief of Security to check his orders an' my conditions of passage, then," she replied bluntly. "I was given free rein of the ship before comin' on board, an' there was nothin' in the contract that said I couldn't go near the armoury." She had spent hours haggling out an agreement, in fact, and she didn't intend for those hours to have been wasted because of a jobsworth security guard with ideas above his station. "An' if you think that was trouble..." She shrugged. "You ain't seen nothin' yet, pal."

The shields activated and the target range lit up in front of her, and, for once, Auren was content. This was where she felt at home: well, either on a range, or actually out there providing security and protecting her shipments. Activating the power cell on the blaster, she cast an inquisitive look across at Draco. "Look, I don't know what shit you pulled that gave you babysitting duty, but I don't think that throwin' me into the brig is gonna help you catch those pirates now... is it?" The blaster pulsed in her hand, ready to go, and, barely even spending time lining up her shots, Auren loosed three bolts towards their targets. Lowering the gun, she glanced up to check her success.

"Well, would you look at that... bullseyes all the way..."
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Next

Return to Outer Rim