Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Prisoner Transfer (The Prism)

All worlds in the lesser-explored areas of the Galaxy.

Prisoner Transfer (The Prism)

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:11 pm

M05D13

((Admin: Continued from Here ))

.... Kaz over her, talking....

.... The Sith Lord in restraints....

.... The ceiling of a airspeeder....

.... That same Gossam doctor going on about having told her so....

.... Then the peaceful sensation of floating.... though there was this little tickle in her side.... through the green liquid and the thick plasteel plate she saw dark green eyes... no, kelly green eyes made darker by the shade of the bacta suspension fluid... Kaz waited just beyond, watching her... so long.......

.... Kura fully awoke just a few moments before the floor of the bacta tube began rising under her feet, lifting her up out of the lightly green tinted healing medium where she could remove the breathing mask without fear of drowning in the very thing that was making her whole and healthy once again. As soon as her head cleared the liquid the comforting sound of a female voice, a Chandra-Fan that stepped into her field of view as she spoke. "Good morning, Jedi Nuhok. Your healing cycle is complete and after an hour or so for us to take a few test samples and make sure you have your bearings back, I think you'll find yourself completely recovered. Of course, at that point you'll be free to leave under your own care."

The little Chandra-Fan female was wearing a fairly standard medical outfit, the kind that one could find on any vessel with a med bay in the galaxy, but the little light blue cap she wore marked her as an Antarian Ranger. "Now, do you recall what happened to you?" Standard questions to establish a patient's personal awareness and memory.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unaligned Systems

Re: Prisoner Transfer (The Prism)

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:51 am

Everything was hazy and broken.

Kura drifted through shattered memories, scattered thoughts, and vague recollections, all bathed in a peaceful floating sensation. The last clear memory she had was on the top of the landing platform, with the Sith aiming right for her chest with his scarlet lightsaber, lightning flying from his other hand. The memory was coloured pink at the edges, the pink that had clouded her thoughts since she had fallen into the pollen, in fact.

All of her memories thereafter were fractured and bitty, little more than flashes that could easily be from her imagination, as opposed to anything concrete. Her knees giving way, Kaz catching her, the Gossam doctor... she wasn't sure what was real and what was nothing more than her memory playing tricks on her.

It was easier to sink back into peaceful, floating oblivion than to try to figure it all out.

However, oblivion only lasted for so long, and Kura almost panicked as she rose to consciousness to find herself suspended in a bacta tank, breathing mask over her mouth and nose, and the sickly sweet taste of the bacta fluid in her mouth and nose. She tugged the breathing mask away as soon as her head cleared the viscous liquid, and coughed a few times, trying - and failing - to rid herself of the taste of bacta.

The little Chandra Fan female spoke, and it took a few seconds for Kura to sort her words enough for them to make any sense. Blinking, she nodded slowly. "I... the last thing that I recall is fighting the Sith on Felucia," she admitted. "Everything after that is... a blur." Kura coughed lightly. "How long have I been in the bacta tank? And where am I?"
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:21 pm

"Yes, we were informed of the battle and your success. After being transported and given initial treatment on Felucia, the Corroded Serpent was called in to transport your prisoner and to render final treatment on your wound. I'm afraid most provincial healers are largely at a loss when it comes to lightsaber wounds. They create a truly unique situation, what with the instant cauterization and secondary bleeding..." The small, furred sentient proceeded to help Kura to her feet and then to sit on a nearby gurney. "Is there any next of kin you wish us to inform of your recovery?"

She began running scans on Kura while a medical droid rolled up behind the Togruta and began doing the same. "You've been kept sedated, to maintain wound stability, for the better part of three days. You were only in the bacta tank for 13 hours, however. Of course, to maintain healthy brain activity, you were allowed to reach a semi-conscious state several times. And, of course, your fellow Jedi Knight says he used the Force to help you along. I have no way of measuring that effort or its effectiveness however."
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:28 am

Listening soberly as the Chandra Fan explained how she had come to be on the Corroded Serpent, Kura nodded quietly. Everything was so muddled, so unclear, that she really didn't know what had happened. She couldn't even trust that her memories of the fight with the Sith were accurate or not. Perhaps that was something that she would never know. "Was I injured that seriously," she asked, almost afraid to hear the answer. "If my parents were informed that I was injured, please can you ensure that they are told that I have recovered adequately?" If they hadn't been told, there was no point in worrying them after the fact.

Kura allowed herself to be led to the gurney, and settled herself as the Chandra Fan, aided by a droid, started to run scans. "Three days," she repeated, her voice laced with shock. She did not remember more than a few moments of those days, and certainly did not remember what actions she had taken that had led to her being injured so seriously. Her skin paled a little. "Is... is Jedi Halcyon alright?" Obviously, he was alive if he had been using the Force to aid her recovery, but Kura didn't know whether or not he had been injured himself.
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:43 pm

The Chandra-Fan went on merrily in response to Kura's inquiry. "The Jedi Order was informed and records reflect your mother is still a member, though inactive at the moment. We will send a special message as soon as we come out of hyperspace, assuring her of your good health and recovery." The small, fury being looked up with a fair approximation of a smile. "Knight Halcyon is well, he was only suffering from a few minor bruises by the time we were able to examine him. I believe his exact words were 'I had a pushy dance partner'."

Then, as if he had been summoned, the doors swooshed open down on the main floor, admitting the Corellian without hesitation. Meanwhile, the medical droid draped a medical robe over Kura's shoulders, though all her important bits were covered by dermal bandaging.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Kaz swept into the observation level of the medical bay, his focus in the Force locating Kura just a heartbeat ahead of his vivid green eyes and flashing smile. He turned without pausing and made his way to the set of steps that carried him up to the balcony that granted access to the tops of the bacta tanks. "Well, if it isn't the Sith Slayer herself all up and about... how are you feeling Kura?" He grinned and stopped only when he decided to plop himself against the banister of the balcony, facing her.

His robes were clean and pressed, his other clothing similarly maintained, and the pommel of his lightsaber jutted forward due to the hard sheath he chose to use with it rather than the almost universal belt hook most Jedi preferred. His boots were either very well polished or brand new, as well. "I think you'll be happy to know there is a small but vocal minority on Felucia advocating you get a village named after you for removing the 'Life Drinker', it's sort of their version of a gold statue in the town square. We liberated Felucia from the Sith, got Cade off the world without you strangling him, and I very much doubt the Gossam will follow through on their threats."

He seemed to reach out in the Force for a moment before suddenly snapping back to the moment at hand. "Oh! And we are only a few days out from dropping off your prisoner to a safe holding facility. The Masters have sent a nice long quasi pat on the back for you on that one. I've got his lightsaber, if you want it. Otherwise, I'll send it to Ossus to shut the High Council up about the blasted thing," He remained of pleasant demeanor throughout the announcements.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Nodding in slight confusion at everything, Kura tried to process everything that had happened to her, or, more to the point, everything that she was being told had happened to her. Her memories were still far too hazy to make sense of everything. "Thank you," she murmured, as the Chandra-Fan agreed to contact her mother, although she pondered the wisdom of worrying her parents after the fact.

Relief flooded through Kura as she was told that Kaz was alright, and a smile lit across her lips. It was almost as though it had been timed to perfection that her partner appeared, and Kura's montrals and headtails coloured a pale grey as she realised her state of undress. The droid slipping a robe around her shoulders made little difference. She frowned in utter confusion. "'Sith Slayer'," she repeated, not completely understanding.

She listened incredulously as Kaz chattered on happily about what had apparently happened on Felucia, and Kura's jaw slowly dropped. Surely he wasn't talking about anything that she had done? After all, she had ended up seriously injured, with a lightsaber wound, no less. Surely she could not have defeated the Sith with such a wound.

Kura held up a hand, shaking her head. "I am confused," she admitted, her eyes cast to the ground. "I do not remember anything beyond fighting the Sith. The last thing that I recall is his lightsaber heading towards me, and lightning coming from his off-hand." She glanced up slightly. "Even before that, everything is slightly hazy. In fact, I remember very little of what happened on Felucia at all." Her gaze was totally without guile as she looked Kaz in the eye. "What happened, Kaz?"

Frowning, Kura shook her head vehemently. "I wish for nothing from the Sith," she asserted. "Unless you wish to keep it, it should be returned to the Council." She shivered. "I am glad you are alright, Kaz."
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Kaz stared at her blankly for a moment, finding himself stuck between disappointment and amusement. She didn't remember, so he got to watch her come to the realization of all that happened. On the other hand, it meant another discussion would have to wait a while as she would need time to come to grips with her actions. "Ah... interesting." Then she decided that she wouldn't be keeping her enemy's lightsaber. "Thank you for the offer but I got one off my opponent. I'll send yours to the Council, it will make them happy."

He took a breath and gave a sigh. "Well, the short version is: We arrived on Felucia and I wandered off while you went to meet Cade Skywalker. The two of you were getting briefed and I noticed Felucians playing cloak and dagger, I went to follow them and ended up defending a repulsor motivator from attack. Meanwhile, the two of you went and got engaged by a Sith trained Felucian... in the end she tackled you off the infrastructure and you landed in a pool of... stuff... yeah. Anyway, we got you back to the med center, a Gossam doctor declared you sick in the head."

Kaz gave her a big shrug. "After some jockeying with Skywalker's ego, you came onto me, and it was decided you and Skywalker would be going off for a walk in the woods to hunt down the Sith's master while I would stay behind and handle the Gossam." He delivered all that as if it was all no big thing. "You left without Cade, Cade left me with slaughter-bot. You and Cade engaged the Sith Lord in separate locations, you physically and Cade with a Force phantom. Meanwhile I very quickly talked the Gossam into signing off on a horrible treaty, for them, and then engaged in a duel with a heavy handed proper Sith Apprentice."

"The best I can figure, you got overconfident in your skin cream and used Trakata to attempt a dirty trick. It... mostly worked... but you took a bad burn from the Sith's blade. Bright side, he took Force Lightning point blank to the face. Your opponent is officially and permanently blind. It would appear that his anger cost him dearly."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:01 am

The expression on Kaz's face spoke volumes to Kura, and the stripes on her montrals and headtails paled visibly. His brief statement said far more than a thousand words could ever do, and Kura almost tore herself from the gurney and ran from the room, anything to avoid hearing what she had done. "The lightsaber is of no importance to me," she whispered, not caring one whit about it. What she was interested in was what, exactly had happened on Felucia.

And then the story - at least, what Kaz knew of it - unfolded.

Kura remained stoically silent as Kaz retold a brief, potted version of events. It would appear that, at least to begin with, everything had gone to plan, those plans shattered by a Felucian who had aligned herself to the Dark Side. Her breath hitched in her throat as Kaz detailed her fall over the side of the city. "So I am fortunate to be alive at all," she said, her voice flat and dull. "What do you mean, the Gossam doctor pronounced me 'sick in the head'? What did I fall into?"

Whatever it was, it couldn't have been good. Kura listened, open-mouthed, as Kaz relayed the remainder of events, and, for what seemed like minutes after he finished, Kura remained silent. Her montrals and headtails had washed out to a uniform pale, sickly grey, and the expression on her face was utterly mortified. "That... please tell me that you are joking," she said, her voice hoarse as she tried - and failed - to claw back any memories attached to what Kaz had told her had happened. She looked up at her partner, shaking her head, her black eyes liquid.

"I... could not have done these things. I could not have defeated a Sith alone." Her voice broke, and Kura cast her eyes downwards with shame. "I could not have come onto you..."
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Kaz shrugged a bit at her dismissal of the weapon in question. "A lot can be learned from a lightsaber but I won't belabor the point. Consider it gone." He waved off the subject after that, considering it closed as she was very clear about not wanting the object.

"Oh yes, quite fortunate. When you went over the edge we were using the Force Meld, I thought I'd lost you for sure. I enhanced you as much as I could but you still took quite a hit when you hit that frond filled pond. The floating vegetation and a good Force Push on your part to break the surface tension managed to save the day." He gave her two big thumbs up on that point, making it as peppy as he could considering the near death experience. "The Felucian died of lightsaber wounds, presumably from the dark presence that Cade and I sensed in the area. Either the Master you fought or the Apprentice that I did."

"Anyway, seems the pool you landed in was thick with some sort of plant pollen that didn't react well with your Togruta physiology. In the end, as best as could be figured, it ruined your inhibitions. Whatever your inherent biology and perceptions came up with you said or did. Yes, including coming on to me. Not sure how you arrived at that decision, you were busy at that moment beating up on Cade's ego when suddenly you turned to me, stared me down for a moment and then threw a kiss on me that could have curled a Wookiee's fur. Then you suggested that I assist you in changing clothes... that was another adventure altogether."

He rolled his hand a few times to fast forward. "I'm sure, whole and healthy, you would have been plenty a match for the Sith Lord. However, I assisted you with another Force Meld while Cade got himself entangled with the aforementioned phantom. The Sith Lord was using Force Drain to maintain a surprising number of effects, including the Phantom and his Apprentice as the brute came at me with all the subtlety of a Death Star. You ultimately defeated the Master, however, when you adapted to his tactics and drove him back. He made one last go at you with blade and lightning, though. You countered the lightning with you blade, deflecting it back at the Lord's face, while trusting your Norris Root to stop his blade. While the stuff may be capable of deflecting points of contact, quick slashes, and the nanosecond kiss of your average blaster pistol it proved insufficient for stopping the pointed thrust of a Sith lightsaber."

"I'll admit, it still saved your life. It defused enough energy to merely be a deep burn instead of a burn through to your more important organs. Lots of damage, but all in the fleshy bits."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

Next

Return to Unknown Regions & Wild Space