Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Knights of a Round Table

Can't wait to get to something your character's going to get up to way into the future? Pop it in here and play it out!

Knights of a Round Table

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:54 am

"Good morning, beautiful." Kaziki Halcyon smiled provocatively as he entered the Jedi Archives in the Ossus Temple, spotting the diminutive Jedi Master he was there to see almost immediately. It had the desired effect, causing the Kushiban female to take hold of her left ear and stroke it reflexively. A sign of a never quite conquered demure nature that had always amused him given his own far from self-conscious demeanor.

Jedi Master Tiki dismissed the gesture almost as quickly as it happened, realizing what she was doing and unhanding her ear almost as if it were scalding hot and her eyes immediately returning to their inherent yellow from the bright pink they'd turned upon his compliment. She didn't scold the much younger Jedi, deep down she greatly enjoyed the little game that had developed between them and if not for her being mated she might have entertained the thought of a dalliance with him. Well, being mated and the fact that Humans and Kushiban weren't anatomically compatible. "Knight Halcyon," she differentiated him from either of his parents, both of whom were masters. "I have your list."

Kaz approached and paused, taking up a stance that said she'd finally managed to surprise him. "What do you mean, my list? You mean you actually convinced K'Kruhk to let me participate in this grand plan of yours? That must have been quite the conversation, he's been on the warpath since that whole Mandalorian border incident." She opened her mouth, her thoughts plain on her face and he added quickly, "Still not my fault. Those Imperials should have left peacefully, and who was to know the Mandalorians had gotten their hands on Hapan gravity charges?"

Tiki closed her mouth and gave him an amused sound. Most of the council was still in agreement with Kaz's assessment on the matter, though they'd all agreed that trouble followed him to every diplomatic matter that was graced with his presence. "It was a very long conversation. However, even the Grand Master cannot deny your strengths or the logic that those strengths match very well with certain target organizations. Here," she handed over a datapad with the list of groups he was to approach. The Round Table Project had begun. Inspired by... or perhaps necessitated by results of another interplanetary incident caused by Kaziki Halcyon. A convocation was being brought together, one that invited a great many other Force traditions to attend. A momentous event, if it worked.

Kaz took the pad and flipped it over in his hand, top for bottom, and read through the four listed groups. Each item was blue, indicating that it linked to something else and he tapped the first item experimentally. All the information the Archives had on the group, all the intel that Tiki or the head of Jedi Intelligence (incidentally Kaz's father) had been able to pull together on the group and it's environs, and suggested diplomatic approaches. Kaz backed out and stared at the list for a long moment before glancing back at Tiki.

"Logical, wouldn't you agree? Your family has history with the Jensaarai, your skill with investigations and illusions should help you not only locate but relate somewhat to the Fallanassi, your ability to manipulate energy doing the same with the Aing-Tii, and... have you heard of the Altisian Jedi?" Tiki tilted her head, obviously prepared to give a quick explanation of the group.

"Somewhat like the Corellian Jedi before Palpatine's Purge, but more prone to drifting about the galaxy if I remember correctly. You think they still exist?" he rejoined.

"I doubt it, but I came across some interesting information that suggests a last known location. Your training in investigations, interest in history, and skill at following echoes in the Force make you nearly ideal for looking into that thread. If you find nothing, that will be the end of it. But imagine if there are still other Jedi out there, hidden in some out of the way corner of the galaxy, just waiting to swell our numbers again..."

Kaz looked at the pad in his hand but his expression said his eyes were focused elsewhere entirely. "Very well, but I do have one question."

"What's that?"
"Who's the poor sap that got the Imperial Knights?"
"... what?"
"Who has to invite the Imperial Knights to the convocation?"
"No one, why would we? They aren't an independent entity, they are as much a Force tradition as the Stormtrooper legions are a mercenary unit."
"Why? Because they are going to be here anyway. If we invite them, it won't be an incident when one of us bumps into one of them in a lonely back hallway."
".... how can you cause so many incidents when you are so obviously capable of foreseeing these problems?"

Kaz smiled.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unaligned Systems

Re: Knights of a Round Table

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:43 am

"But they're pacifists..."
"Yes, they are.... why are you staring at me? I mean, lots of good reasons to stare at me but why are you staring at me like that in particular?"
"The Fallanassi... they're pacifists."
"We just covered this."
"And you're Kaziki Halcyon."
"Still batting a thousand."
"You pick more fights than any other Jedi I have ever even heard of."
"You should spend more time in the Temple Archives."

"No, seriously Kaz." Kura Nuhok, Jedi Knight, said emphatically to her erstwhile partner. "I know all your reasoning and this isn't a judgment. It's true, you're inherently unopposed to violence as a solution and far too fond of playing Emperor's Advocate. You can't convince them to come to a convocation by attacking the very basis of their culture." She was exasperated, as she should be. She'd always been the practical one, in spite of Kaz's protestations to the contrary, and this smacked of another political incident.

Kaz shrugged, nonchalantly. He'd informed his apprentice to start making the arrangements for their journey and then hurried out to catch Kura before she left for Dathomir on her own mission. He hadn't thought to get a lecture but it was classical Kura to be honest. "They're not a culture, but I digress. The point isn't to agree with them, we aren't recruiting. It's just an invitation and that shouldn't hinge on whether or not they are illogically attached to an insane social policy that begs for their eventual elimination at the hands of a violent neighbor." He winked at her to make it clear he was poking fun at her assessment.

"Oh, yes, I know you find it all very funny but not everybody approaches criticism of their fundamental ways as academically as you do." In fact, she knew of a topic that not even Kaz had a sense of humor about. But, then, she also had the experience to know better than to even think of Kaz's deceased wife without strong mental blocks firmly in place. Kura brought herself immediately back to the moment, figuring she'd have plenty of free time to consider that topic once again when she was en route to Felucia. "I'm... I am just saying you need to take care with your behaviors. I won't be there to mitigate or distract, or stand as example that not all Jedi are as contentious and opinionated as you are."

"They already have a low opinion of the Jedi, but I will do my best to curb my more 'acquired taste' category of behaviors. But that's not why I came to find you out here." They were standing in the landing fields just a dozen or so meters away from the boarding ramp on the Highland. Kura was going to take that, it had been agreed before he'd been given his own assignment and, besides, he would only fly on the thing if Kura was the one piloting it. "I wanted to let you know that since I'm going to be busy, particularly when it comes time to deal with the Aang Tii, that calling me for help could take longer than normal. I have requested the Antarian Rangers put a couple of people in system for the duration of your stay just in case you get into trouble. They'll stay well out of the way otherwise."

"I can handle myself, Kaz." She retorted.
"Of course you can, and so they will have a nice pleasant stay on dirty jungle world 7. They'll even get paid for the privilege." He smoothly answered, having expected the protestation before he'd even arrived to tell her the details.
"... fine, they're your credits." Kura looked at the ramp as the droid pilot she'd requisitioned to help her out appeared and made a gesture indicating they were ready to go. "I've got to go. I... May the Force be with you."
"It always is. Trust your instincts, they'll get you a long way with the Witches. Oh, and get a picture of yourself with a Rancor. Valin won't believe you otherwise."

Kaz gave her the small, shallow but polite bow that was appropriate between two Jedi peers and turned to move away. He paused after a moment, feeling Kura's eyes burning into his back, and turned to regard her side-on. "Something more to say, have you?"

Kura appeared to be working on something but before she spoke the engines of the Highland began to whir to life. "No, maybe after this mission is all over. See you then."

"You always do." Kaz gave a jaunty salute and continued on his way

Kura watched him go until the noise from the engines and the distance between them guaranteed he wouldn't here her soft words, spoken purely to herself. "I know... that's what I love about you." She stared a moment longer before suddenly turning and heading up the ramp, smacking the button that would seal it behind her.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:35 pm

"Pokere," Kaz called as he approached the girl. She was hurriedly moving amongst several supply crates, shifting them into different stacks for loading together with some apparent organization method in mind, and he knew he should have been more specific when he'd told her to prepare for a long journey. He had a feeling that those crates were filled with two sets of every kind of specialized equipment she'd been able to find in the three hours since he'd given her the order. She'd likely spent the entire time on her hands-free com, too, since he could see her mouth moving as he approached.

Pokere looked up when she heard her master call her name, spotting his approach and shooting him a quick bow but not ceasing her conversation with the person on the other end of her earbud. "No, I don't know exactly how long or where. He said we're going on a long, multi-leg journey. Fill every tank you've got with whatever is usually in said tank and he'll work out the money when he's ready to discuss it.... when has he ever not scoffed and paid?" She set a crate on top of another crate and double checked the clasps that held it closed. "Fine, ask your captain and get ordered to do exactly what I told you to do in the first place. It's your free time, use it however you want."

"Making friends, Pokere?" Kaz asked amusedly as he stepped up.
"I'm learning that I don't like new people being crewed on the Corroded Serpent. Especially former bureaucrats," she responded in exasperation before hastily adding, "Master."
"Don't let it get to you, my young apprentice. There will always be people in the galaxy that make things harder than they have to be. I'm one of them. When we get settled in on the vessel I want you to seek out your bureaucrat and befriend them."
"...Master?"
"Befriend them. Apologize if you think it will help, or don't. It isn't necessary to the process. Just don't rub in being right, nobody ever likes being reminded of their failings and this bureaucrat of yours isn't in need of self-reflection. They are in need of a friend to help them adjust to the looser nature of the Antarians."
"Yes, Master." Pokere looked overly serious about the idea as she accepted that it was her task to complete, consternation over the matter but she was experienced enough with her teacher not to be put off by the sudden nature of it all.

She grabbed a crate and Kaz put his hand on its top to pin it in place. "What is all this stuff anyway?"

"Oh, sorry master. This is all the stuff I think I'm going to need to drag you out of trouble without Knight Nuhok on hand to help." She smiled sweetly at her master and Kaz stared flatly back. For several long seconds, in fact.

Until finally, "Fair enough. As you were." Kaz walked away as his apprentice returned to her activities.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:29 am

It was decided, by Kaz himself, to go to Bespin first. The last known (as best anyone could know) location of the Altisian Jedi. Kaz had no doubt that if they had remained they would be dead, likely at the hands of Vader and his Jedi Hunters. To have survived they would have had to move, and often, to stay ahead of the First Galactic Empire's resources. Likely scattering to the various corners of the galaxy in an effort to stretch those resources too thin to catch them all. And it had likely been a failed effort, all told. The Altisians had likely died, alone or in pairs, in out of the way locations either at the hands of Jedi Hunters or the ravages of time in places so isolated they might as well have been dead already. Alone in a hut on an otherwise uninhabited planet was just as good as dying three days after the Purge had begun as far as Kaz was concerned.

The journey was uneventful, aside from that one attempt by nearsighted pirates to take the ship but who really counted such minor events as 'eventful' anyway? Certainly not an well armed ship full of Jedi and Antarian Rangers. The pirates were left scuttled for Galactic Alliance forces to pick up in a day or two, just enough time to consider their mistakes in life. Then it was on to Bespin City. Not because they necessarily wanted to but because if one were going to do anything on Bespin then Bespin City was the only place on the planet to work from. Literally. Gas giants weren't known for their urban expanses, after all.

The Corroded Serpent dropped into the upper atmosphere and took up a geosynchronous orbit just a few kilometers from the floating city, from which Kaz and Pokere took a J-1 shuttle to Bespin City. They paid extra to land in an interior bay, rather than out on one of the platforms, and disembarked quickly.

"Remember what I taught you. You'll face a little stiff resistance at first but keep up the genuine curiosity and wide-eyed innocence, one or another will warm to you. Once that happens they'll be jockeying to tell you everything they know."
"Yes, master. Do be careful, though. I sense something in the distance..."
"I know, but it's focused on me. You'll be fine. I'll find you when I'm done."

With that brief exchange the fully robed master went one direction and the slightly less obvious apprentice went another.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Kaz raised the hood of his black robe as he strode down the length of the communal landing bay his shuttle had deposited him in. It was a suspicious looking move, since there were doors spaced down it's interior wall that ensured everybody could come in very close to their personal vessels. It was exactly the kind of thing that would drive an already suspicious city administrator nuts. Exactly what Kaz was shooting for. If they were busy trying to figure out what he was up to he could control the situation, and they wouldn't bother Pokere. Both important.

Because Kaz had caused a bit of an... incident... the last time he'd been in Bespin City. He could feel it in the air, the tension as the Baron Administrator of Bespin City stared obsessively at some glowing screen with a direct feed to whatever security cameras his minions thought were most relevant to tracking the movements of the black robed figure moving through their city. What was he up to? That was the key to Kaz's strategy there. Just like magic, the closer the audience looked the more the magician could get away with.

He took a sudden left and was out into the concourse. It wasn't super busy but he counted more than a dozen people in the space of a heartbeat before he stopped bothering with the effort. Plenty of people, but not the masses he needed. Enough to keep him from being accosted by the two hurrying figures coming from the direction of his shuttle's berth. He took a right, keeping his robe tight about him despite it's inclination to flare and his inclination to let it. He moved smoothly, confidently, at that pace that said he didn't own the place but the guy who did owed him more than one favor.

Just right to avoid the average person from paying attention to him, yet the kind of movement that would glare to the people who were tracking him. Smoke and mirrors. The hook. As long as they kept their eyes on his misdirection and there wasn't burn on hand, the whole trick would come off just fine. His hallway intersected with another, and then another. There was a brief quiet stretch but he was quick to move through it and out into the main thoroughfare. He made his way, without hesitation, straight to a directory board set up in the middle of the wide and heavily populated promenade.

He used his finger to trace the list, then to slide it's way to the referenced location. Level 26, Delta. Commodities exchange, shipping and receiving, and secure storage. Right where all the credits, valuable materials, and things of a sensitive nature were kept. If they were particularly foolish, his pursuers would assume that he was looking to steal from them. If they used the half of their brains that still functioned they would assume that, as a Jedi, he was after some incriminating evidence. Either way, both could be found there. Kaz made a show of examining something on his bracer mounted datapad (a commercial for a space station construction firm he'd downloaded earlier that day). Another show of orienting himself, and then he set off in a pretty much straight line for level 26, section Delta.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pokere laughed at the anecdote, taking another sip of her fizzy drink to punctuate. It was her second and it had been paid for by one of the prospectors who were gathered around trying to get out their stories of mining the Bespin atmosphere. Her master had, if anything, underestimated the willingness of these people to share their experiences with an interested party. Especially a pretty interested party. No one was being inappropriate, even in the Force it was a kind of surprised fascination being showered on her. The men were amazed to have someone, especially someone who to their mind had other options, want to talk to them.

So she'd introduced herself to the most sociable seeming one early on, talked about the research she was doing for a tiny book, and asked him if he would be interested in sharing any of his stories. There wasn't much in her research budget but she'd be happy to pay him a pittance for his time. Forty seconds later she had six of them. Ten minutes after that nearer to a dozen. They were all having a wonderful share in, with Pokere leaning over the bar sideways recording a variety of things. But anything that matched the profile went into a red box, and she would follow up with questions on those matters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The two went by moving fast, making an effort to check their angles as best they could but convinced he'd suddenly opened up the throttle. Which was fair, that would have been the best bet for almost anyone in the galaxy. But not a Halcyon. Or likely a Horn or Terrik. A horn would have pulled a double loop (check), and a Terrik would have shot both of them dead before stuffing the bodies into a utility closet somewhere. Kaz wasn't gonna go that route, he was a Jedi after all. Which is why he smiled as the Rodian looked straight at him and the Force showed the Rodian exactly what it expected to see. An empty corner nook in yet another water and power access corridor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That one's haunted, for sure. I've been on a dozen of those old mining platforms and I've never gotten the creeps like that. I heard things move but they hadn't, I swore I wasn't alone but couldn't find a sign of another soul anywhere, and when I finally decided it weren't no place for me I swear I turned around to take one last look and my foot prints in the dust had disappeared. I won't wander with a dozen kilometers of the place."

The round of nods that followed the old prospector's statements had Pokere taking note. "You all know that place?" Another round of nods, a few short comments about it being 'eerie as all get out', and complete consensus. "And it's in the southern hemisphere, you say? How long has it been out there?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaz slipped out of the air recycler vent head first, gripping the edge and turning end for end before letting go to land lightly in the center of the archives room. Cabinets, data terminals, a few hundred thousand datacards. Exactly the messy appearance he was expecting, fortunately he also knew it was a deceiving appearance. When it came to anything that meant money, not even sloppy criminals let things get disorganized. He shook the worst of the dust off his robe and started checking the filing dates on the old cabinets.

Minutes later he was running his holoimager across the contents of several thick folders marked 'defunct' in stylus ink.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokere sensed her master watching her, she'd been playing a game of holochess for the last quarter-cycle against a Togorian who had a habit of chewing his tongue when he was thinking. Which wasn't as often as he should have been considering the game at hand was a strategic one. On the bright side she was putting him away handily while still being able to chat with the waitress who was taking her break there beside the most popular gal to pass through the cantina in months. Sadly, that meant that both the chat and the game had to come to an end. One bad move, and a promise to stop by if she ever got out to Bespin again, and Pokere was out in the hall walking with her master.

"Did you find what you were looking for, master?"
"And then some, but I sense that you think you've got the prize."
"A haunted mining station, dates back nearly two hundred years. Still has power, the miners see the automated lights kick on when they get too close. It's to prevent collisions, but they all avoid the place as 'haunted.' And I mean total consensus."
"Sounds promising. Southern hemisphere?"
"How did you know?"
"Far from Bespin city, but not in the wilds necessarily. Remote, but not curiously so. It's where I would hide if I were dodging Imperial entanglements. Also, I found the claim records for it. The platform was sold to a private buyer for a pittance six years before the start of Palpatine's Purge..."
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

"Seriously, master? This is where you would hide?" Pokere asked in amusement.
"No, definitely not. This place is running desperately short of dancing girls and Corellian whiskey."
"Never mind that it's about to drop into the depths of a gas giant, right."
"I can see how that would be a problem too, but mostly the other things."
"Fair enough."

The mining station, if you wanted to rest on past laurels, was precariously perched on half the number of active repulsors as suggested for the model. They were going to need a team of engineers, a ton of spare parts, and a capital ship level tractor beam for safety purposes while it was being repaired. Kaz stood there, on the back ramp of the Jedi shuttle, looking down on the aging wreck. He was doing the math, deciding how much money to throw out into the open on this project. He'd have to buy it... well, he already had but that was a technicality that was still in the works. The claims court would have it worked out in six months. Most importantly, nothing that came out of the place was to be thrown away.

"Well, we'll put a watch on the place and on to our next misadventure until this is fixed up."
"Yes, master."
They both stepped back into the shuttle's passenger bay as the door shut behind them.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Sun May 29, 2016 4:36 am

Susevfi, a moon of Suarbi 7 in the Suarbi System (a naming convention that practically screamed 'largely unpopulated'), was not the most unpleasant of places Kaziki Halcyon had ever been. In fact, his family had a long history with the place that stretched all the way back to his six times removed ancestor Nejaa Halcyon. Nejaa had, ironically enough, hunted down a former minion of -the- Count Dooku on that very same moon, striking the Dark Jedi down and unknowingly laying the ground work for the very group that Kaz was there to see. The Jensaarai cult had been rescued from darkness and pushed into their first great hardship by that moment, only to be pulled from another darkness two generations later by Nejaa's grandson, Corran Horn. Corran had been Kaz's great-great-grandfather, and the cycle had ran its course again though that event had already taken place. This was more of a friendly follow up visit than a destiny shaping... event.

Given the Jensaarai's history and the resultant, understandable disinterest in strangers, Kaz had chosen to leave Pokere on the Corroded Serpant for this little stop. So it was, after being dropped off by shuttle, he had come to be trodding his way across the relatively empty scrub lands by himself while he waited for the Jensaarai to grow uncomfortable with his proximity to their secret temple. Uncomfortable enough to come say hello, since he imagined they'd been uncomfortable since he and Pokere's Force presence had appeared in the system to begin with. Again, Kaz couldn't blame them. The One Sith had been hard on the various Force traditions of the galaxy. Small, localized traditions fared far worse than larger or more spread out ones and that fit the Jensaarai to a T.

Still, the Jensaarai ended up holding their cards to their chests a lot longer than Kaz had expected and he'd already reached the low hills that contained the last known (to his family) base of their order before he was confronted. They were good at it, visually speaking, but Kaz had sensed them well before they revealed themselves. He'd even come to a halt a few heartbeats before he laid eyes on them. But give credit where credit was due, not even the most inexperienced feeling of the four figures who appeared was anything but perfectly calm in the moment. "My name is Kaziki Halcyon. The Jedi Order has sent me here to deliver a message and to extend an invitation to... well, I imagine it's best if I discuss that with the Saarai-kaar."

Kaz smiled, defaulting to his usual demeanor in the hopes of disarming any unfortunate scenarios before they could even pop up, right up until he sensed a familiar presence. A presence he had not felt in many years. The figure that strode toward him from around the curve of a hill further on his original course was wrapped in robes and armor that were at once both alike to and distinctly different from those worn by the other figures. Her robes, for it was most certainly a woman, were a perfectly clean but not bright white. Her armor, unlike the animalistic visages of the others, displayed an idealized appearance of a woman in her prime. That moment told him everything he needed to know. "Well, good fortune. I don't have to walk far... hello Lilly."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:42 pm

"I hate you."

Lilly was sitting on the edge of the bed, obviously trying to figure out how things had progressed from the hard lecture and thorough dressing down she'd been preparing for years to the two of them being where they were. Having done what they'd just done. She had the sheet pulled up around her and wasn't looking in his direction. She was discomforted by the tattoo, that hadn't been there the first time she'd made this mistake with Kaziki Halcyon. At least... not on the outside. There'd always been a darkness in his Force presence, a hard edge under the velvet of his touch.

Kaz knew why she wasn't looking at him, pulling the sheet up had exposed most of his lithe form and Kaz was a long way off from being shy about the situation. She was also full of discomfort every time she so much as glanced at the tattoo. It had made her hesitant, he'd had to help distract her from it a couple of times during, but that had been fun in its own way. He was more concerned with her declaration of hate, though he felt it lacked the bite of true conviction. More likely she hated their situation, and that was a hate he could appreciate. Sadly, despite his heartfelt desire to do so there was nothing in his power to fix it. The effort would destroy them both and he couldn't bring himself to harm Lilly. "You have a funny way of showing it. Is it possible it's not me?"

"Now I really hate you."
"No you don't."
"No, I don't. I love you. I love you so much that it hurts every time I get this close and remember I can't have you. I hate that."

He was a Jedi. A Corellian. A rogue and a charmer. There had been a time when he'd have happily entered into the relationship she wanted, and loved her back just as hard as she loved him. But that wasn't an option anymore. In fact, it had never been an option though he hadn't known it when they'd first engaged. If he had, he wouldn't have ever put her in this position. But he had, and then learned, and then told her, and then they'd ended up in the scenario they currently found themselves in. Not to suggest this was something they did often, this was only the second time they'd ever slept together in fact. There had been a marriage in between, sadly cut short.

There was nothing to be said about her declaration. But there was something to be said for them. "And I love you. So I know. And you know. Orchid doesn't..."

"And she doesn't need to!"
"...... so I've been told. Curious about the vehemence though."
"You... you're dangerous Kaz. I've got the best perspective on that in the galaxy. And she is your daughter. The moment she knew... the moment she even had wisp of reason to suspect you might be important and not just someone I once knew..."

She turned to look at Kaz directly. "Nothing in this life or the next would stop her from getting to you. Learning everything there is to know. Being informed by you as to who she is. Being absent this long, being absent as long as you will be, she'll become you."

Kaz grinned, he liked the kid already. Before his time came he would inform her personally of who her father was. Then he'd make sure she knew that who she was had more to do with what she did than who had contributed to her genetics. "Then no, she doesn't need to know. Not now, certainly."

Lilly watched him and knew that it wasn't going to last but at least he'd agreed that for now the girl didn't need to know. Kaz seemed reckless, and he played it up at every opportunity, but he wasn't. Not in reality. And he kept his word, always.

"Promise me."
"On my honor."
"... that's... to easy."
"It's an easy decision. She needs to be her own person, not trying to live up to me. Or you."
"... I hate you."
"I know," he said with a smile.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:06 am

"I'll bring it back, I..."
"Don't promise," Lilly cut him off abruptly. "You always keep your promise and I can't let you come back here. This was your last visit, Halcyon."

Kaz stared at her for a long few moments, somewhere between confused and hurt but ultimately he did exactly what Kaz was prone to do. "If I'd known I would have set aside a few more days for the endeavor. Seen... a few sites while I was here." He meant his daughter, they both knew that but they also both knew that it wouldn't have been allowed regardless of his desire to do so. "I'll send the book back, then."

"Just destroy it when you're done, it's only a copy. An exacting copy but a copy none the less. Learn what you will from it and then burn it whole. Scatter the ashes to be certain and then forget all about the Jensaarai. You're not welcome amongst us anymore." Lilly said it quietly, without force or anger. Certain that would be the way to impart the finality of her decision. Her heart couldn't bear it, her family couldn't risk it, and the Jensaarai would be safer without his presence. Where ever Kaz went, trouble eventually followed. "Tell your Council that I will attend their conclave, but only..."

"Don't put that condition on it," he cut her off abruptly. "My parents are both on the Council, so I will most likely be sent to represent the Corellian Jedi... much to the resounding shock of a great many others. I will leave you be, if that is what you want, but I won't be able to avoid that event."

Lilly and Kaz stood there, in the shadow of a hidden landing bay, gazing at one another and neither of them saying any of the things that they wanted to say. That they each knew the other wanted to say. That they both knew simply couldn't be said. Kaz was the first to break the silence. "My shuttle is approaching. Take care of yourself Lilly, a great many people will be looking to you for guidance in the coming days. As always." She merely nodded back and Kaz half turned to regard the shuttle that appeared in the distance, closing quickly to tilt its nose up as its wings closed and it settled down.

It's engines were still wound up, it was going to take off as soon as he was aboard. It created a lot of noise in the landing bay and that meant that what he said next was heard only by her. Not even an Imperial eavesdropping team would be able to parse out the words. But boy oh boy would they be frustrated by that fact, because the look on Lilly's face was complete loss. The color drained out, the metal, the self control. All of it. She was caught completely flat footed by his simple comment, unable to react at all as he walked away and boarded the waiting shuttle. She stared as he strode past a young female wearing two lightsabers who was watching her curiously before she too disappeared into the shuttle.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Master," Pokere said curiously as she sat down across from the Corellian who had taught her the lion's share of what she knew about being a Jedi so far. "What did you say to that woman? She looked like someone had just walked across her grave."

The little smile that Kaz gave wasn't his usual 'I feel clever' type. It was more of a sad acceptance of some small tragedy. "Oh, I just ventured an opinion to her. It just happened to allow her to realize something that she had yet to realize to that point. Might have shocked her a bit."

"But what did you say?"
"Is it important?"
"I'm curious, you encourage that."
"... I said I've always fancied Erik for a boy's name."
"........ what?"
"I always thought Erik would be a good name for a boy."
"Why... oh! She's pregnant."
"She is now." Kaz snorted in amusement as he flew away from the home of the Jensaarai for the second to last time. No matter what Lilly wanted, he knew had to return once more before his time was up.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:43 am

Kura was, to be completely honest, very much relieved that she and Kaz had been separated for this endeavor. At least for her part of it. Organizing a gathering of the clans (three gatherings, actually) wasn't a political endeavor on Dathomir. It was a matter of gaining a reputation of worth, building a reputation for honor and honesty, and maintaining both with casual but dedicated steadfast behavior. Kaz probably would have found a way to do it without any of those traits, he was frustratingly good at that sort of thing, but Kura would have likely killed him long before he got a chance to say 'I told you so'.

Because Kura Nuhok was entirely in her element. She'd been born to a people who had evolved physically and socially in much the same way the Dathomiri had developed in their shorter but no less impactful existence on Dathomir. A community focused culture, dominated by group bonds and cooperative action where the individual was valued but for what they brought to the community as a whole rather than for their own aggrandizement. Truly stand out individuals became leaders or well respected community pillars, just like amongst the Togruta. Kura had all the physical abilities and skills that the Dathomiri valued, and the Force ability they exalted. Her Force talents even fell into the categories the Dathomiri most desired, and there had already been some very promising conversation in the background about the possibilities of sending young witches to train on Ossus.

Kura couldn't have been happier with the way things were going as she moved from clan to clan proving herself and asking them to attend moots, where she would present the Order's invitation. If the clans ultimately decided to attend she had a distinct feeling their delegation would be one of the largest, since no single individual seemed to be making any splash as a likely consolidated voice, but she couldn't see that being a problem. The temple was hardly at full capacity as it was. They could handle a few extra guests without any trouble, especially with Felucia constantly sending more foodstuffs.

And then the Nightsister had appeared outside the camp of the Golden Horizon clan.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"She says she's here to see you, Mistress Jedi. We were curious if you had any idea why."
"None. None at all. I wasn't even aware the Nightsisters still existed as an actual clan."
"They were gravely wounded when the last tribe took so many of their strongest members, and it has shown in their tactics since, but they still exist if not in the same way they once did. If you did not make an effort to contact them we have other matters to be concerned about at any rate."

The Mistress of the Hunt for the Golden Horizon clan turned her attention to the chieftain and the two women shared a look that said they were about to go have one of their private conferences with the other senior members of the tribe. "If you wish to indulge her..." Kura nodded, simply. "Then we wish that you do so where she stands just outside the camp, and tell us what transpires when you are done. Peace of the camp does not apply to the Nightsister, if you feel it necessary defend yourself however you feel most appropriate." Kura nodded again, understanding the entirety of the unspoken message. If the Nightsister messenger gave her an excuse nobody would be upset if she struck the woman down. It wasn't Kura's way, but she understood how it had become the way of the Golden Horizon clan.

She excused herself from the main tent of the camp and made her way to said camp's edge. It wasn't difficult to sense where the Nightsister was waiting, there was a lot of hostility being directed at her from not too far away. Kura appeared from between two tents not far away and walked directly to the woman. She was younger than Kura, perhaps seventeen galactic standard years, but fully adorned in the trappings of her clan. Either she was unashamed of her affiliation or this was some stab at formality. She didn't appear armed, either, but Kura knew that meant little on Dathomir.

"I am Kura Nuhok, Jedi Knight. You wished to speak with me?"
"I have been sent to, yes. I am Namimi, I carry the words of the Nightsister leaders."
"A heavy burden for one so young," Kura said with motherly concern and no hint of condescension in her voice.

Namimi looked confused for a long moment, conflicted even. Kura had received ample opportunity over the years to observe human facial expressions. Kaz had the ability to run people through the entire spectrum of emotions in the space of a few sentences, and a habit of doing so. Kura had the habit of paying attention to the subjects of such exercises and remembering what she saw. Namimi wasn't fully indoctrinated yet, not fully invested in the Dark Side or the stated reasoning for a society built on distrust and ambition. She had hope yet. Sadly, Kura was in no position to work on that matter.

Namimi defaulted to remembering her lines as a way to get past the moment of wanting to connect with another thinking being on a basis other than paranoia or ambition. "The Nightsister clan wishes to host the Jedi ambassador. You are promised all the same considerations and safeties as have been accorded by the lesser clans, and safe passage to and from our domain. You will be an honored guest should you choose to accept our invitation. Your invitation would be listened to and carefully considered, should you choose to extend it to our clan."

Kura blinked. They knew what she was doing. They knew why she was doing it. They were interested in being included, at least in the current step. Why? Prestige? There might be some value in being able to claim they had also hosted the Jedi, a bit more in being able to say they too were invited to the convocation of the Jedi. But surely they knew they wouldn't have been had they not asked to be... surely that took away any hoped for gains. Unless they truly wanted to be invited so they could attend. She could see a tactical purpose for that as well, a couple really. Some of which didn't even directly relate to the convocation itself.

"I would have to carefully consider this before I would feel comfortable answering. How much time do I have to decide?"
"I... I wasn't given a time frame... how much time would you want?"
Kura considered the question for a moment before responding. "Three days. Can you abide that time frame?"
It was Namimi's turn to consider carefully, but one need not be a Jedi to see that the younger woman had quickly realized there was no reason that should be a problem. "I will return in three days." And with that, the Nightsister named Namimi turned and walked away. The day was reaching early evening, there were no apparent vehicles or other conveyances in the direction the girl was traveling. Kura toyed with an akul tooth on her combat harness until the Nightsister was lost to sight and then turned back to the camp. She had a report to give, since no secrecy had been asked for or even hinted at, and then she had some serious consideration to give to the request at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------

Kaz was waiting. Alone, more the pity. Well, not alone exactly. Pokere was there in the shuttle with him but his version of waiting completely and totally precluded her existence. So that meant there was only one alternative. Deep meditation. His mind focused and searching across the Kathol Rift through the Force. Kaz, unlike others who'd tried to search out the home world of the Aing-Tii, had actually found something. Not the world in question, mind you. Not even any Aing-Tii ships. What he'd found was the trick they'd been using to prevent those things.

But that was about it. He had found the shield, and it reacted to his every prodding. Unlike a shield, however, it had a tendency to bend and yield to his touch, morphing and attempting to trap his presence. He was attempting to assess the problem fully when a sense of impending trouble came down one of his favorite threads in the Force. Kura was gonna get herself into trouble without him.

Frankly, he was jealous.

------------------------------------------------------------

Kura stood before the tribal elders of the Golden Horizon. "I'm going to have to indulge this opportunity. The Order has assumed them all but wiped out for decades now, a chance to peacefully assess their strength and situation..."
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Return to Visions Of The Future