Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Laying Down The Law TAG: Kaz

Can't wait to get to something your character's going to get up to way into the future? Pop it in here and play it out!

Re: Laying Down The Law TAG: Kaz

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:40 am

Kura's sympathetic smile in return was far more genuine than that of her partner, and she placed a gentle, reassuring hand briefly on his shoulder. "Have I not always promised that, when I call on creatures to aid us, they will never touch you or go anywhere near you," she reminded him softly. "And have I not always delivered on that promise?" On more than one occasion, the local flora and fauna had been called to their aid, and helped to turn the tide of a skirmish, and Kura was certain that this would continue to be the case going forward.

As Kaz spoke, Kura let herself feel the despair and oppression of the Hutt's palace, shuddering, before wrapping herself in the Force once more. It was no wonder that anyone who stayed with the Hutt for too long gave up all hope of anything good.

The Hutt's mind was more or less impenetrable: selfish, egotistical, and a sucking vortex of greed. She retreated quickly, but not before feeling the pain and anguish of a handful of creatures as they were trodden on or otherwise killed. She sent calming feelings through the Force to the rest, spurring them onto their mission. They could grieve in their way for their own later. She felt a small measure of guilt that she had sent some of them to their deaths, but it couldn't be helped this time. The Hutt had to be stopped, and better the deaths of a few animals that most saw as pests than the deaths of the locals.

Nodding as Kaz explained that the Hutt was ready for them, Kura took a deep breath, girding herself in the Force. She frowned lightly. "Would backup be of assistance, do you feel, or are we in this alone?" After all, there was only so much that she could call upon the creatures of the town to do, and the distinct lack of plant life left her options distinctly limited. However, a small, slow smile slipped onto her lips. "If this staircase is anything to go by, it would appear that the Hutt's lair is dug deep into the earth... yes?" Quickly, a plan was forming in her mind, and she looked across at her partner, her expression completely knowing, and not lacking in confidence.
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:08 pm

"I don't need comforting, I simply preferred not to be surrounded." He wasn't afraid of them, he just trusted his instincts on most things. Considering how rarely he was wrong about people and situations it seemed like a safe decision on his part. "This is no reflection on your control."

They started down the steps and it wasn't long at all before humanoids were running toward them, some with tiny creatures on them, some without, but all in full on panic. Fleeing, and almost all of them unarmed or with holstered weapons forgotten upon them as they attempted to get away with the creatures that had swarmed over them. Kaz enforced the desire to run in their minds as he moved, reaching into their panicked minds and stroking the flight instinct, then stepped out of the way as they sprinted past him unseeingly.

"Yes. Hutts are, essentially, giant earthworms in many ways. Dark, moist spaces are their preference though earthen isn't necessarily the way it's going to end up. There might be marble, worked stone, plaster, who knows. It will be as expensive as the Hutt can afford, though not necessarily practical." Kaz continued down the hallway, dodging the slowly petering out stream of henchmen as they ran by. The deeper they got the less henchmen there were, or the less that had to run past the two Jedi to get out of the structure. Until finally, they reached a corner that, when turned, showed them a heavy bulkhead door at the end of a twenty meter hallway. Kaz paused.

"I sense something."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:00 am

Kura cocked a laconic eyebrow at Kaz as he stated that he didn't need comforting. She didn't need to actually say anything, the eyebrow did it all for her. She inclined her head as he backtracked somewhat, complimenting her control, in a roundabout way. She smiled knowingly. Silver-tongued as he was, sometimes, Kaz's words weren't the most well chosen he could have managed.

"Well, it seems as though it worked," she remarked lightly, stepping to the side in order to avoid being run into by any number of the fleeing minions. Was it just her perception, but, as they passed the two Jedi, did they almost appear to start running even faster?

The descending steps seemed neverending, taking them into the very bowels of the earth, towards whatever - and whoever - awaited them at the bottom. While it would appear that a large proportion of the Hutt's protection was, indeed, fleeing the compound, Kura knew that the central chamber would likely still be well defended. "I can still work with whatever the Hutt has decorated his chamber with," she asserted. If nothing else, fog could well be the Jedi's friend.

The stopped short as Kaz paused in front of the large door, several metres ahead. Reaching out in the Force, Kura cocked her head. "What do you sense?"
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: NPC » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:35 pm

It didn't take Kura long to sense what Kaz sensed. From beyond the heavy blast doors came a very sharply focused mind. So sharp that its intentions were completely lost on Kura. All either Jedi could tell was that the owner of that mind intended to come out and there was no immediately impending threat to go along with it.

The blast door opened and out stepped a suit of male cut Mandalorian armor in cream and sandy gold zigzag pattern paint. A half cape hung from his shoulders but it was pinned down by a pack jet pack of fairly modern design. A blaster rifle was cradled in his off arm, the barrel pointed up and away from the two Jedi, back the way he was coming from, with the handle toward the front. It was a sign of peace but the Mandalorian would be able to bring it around fast enough for rock and roll.

The blast doors closed just as soon as he was clear of it. The Mandalorian stood there, right hand dangling empty by his side and suitably close to the blaster pistol holstered on that thigh. "Ben Dolomine. I don't work here."
NPC

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Kaz held his weapon away from himself, stepping into his ready position as the focus turned out toward them... but he didn't activate his lightsaber yet. The doors opened, revealing the being who possessed the combat hardened mind, and Kaz made a thoughtful sound. But, still, he did not activate his lightsaber. Instead, his thoughts flowed over Kura while the Mandalorian walked passed the blast doors, warning her that the man before them was trained to deal with Jedi. It was a rare skill set, even among the Mandalorians, and something worth noting.

At least until they informed you they weren't on the job. "Kaziki Halcyon... I take it you haven't been here long." The Mandalorian gave a small shake of his head, confirming the negative statement. "Then we have no quarrel with you. I'll let the people outside know you're to be allowed to withdraw freely." Kaz moved to a more relaxed stance, though Kura knew his fighting style well enough to know he was simply in an at ease fighting position. From there he bumped his wrist mounted datapad and spoke quietly into it, informing the townsfolk to let the Mandalorian by.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Kura, like her partner, was more than ready to bring the fight to the big Mandalorian filling the doorway, but prudence had taught her not to act without at least a little thought. Kaz, it would appear, was all for sharing that philosophy that day. She tossed him a tiny smile, all the while keeping her eyes on the Mandalorian, who introduced himself as Ben Dolomine.

He proclaimed not to work there, and Kura twitched an eyebrow upwards. "If you do not work here, what is the purpose of your presence," she asked, pleasantly enough, while Kaz followed up with a promise that the man was to be permitted to go free. Nodding once in assent, she watched as Kaz's stance changed, probably nothing major to most observers, but Kura knew that he was simply slipping into another ready-stance. It would appear that he was still expecting trouble, despite his easy demeanour and acceptance of Ben Dolomine's statement that he didn't work for the Hutt.

Reaching out in the Force, Kura sensed the fat malevolence and arrogance wafting from the inner chamber, and she turned once more to the Mandalorian. "Are there further surprises that we should know about, in order to provide them with the same consideration we have to yourself," she asked quietly.
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: NPC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 pm

"Got in two days before you. Would have left earlier but figured it was only fair to let the Hutt try to secure the funds." The helmet nodded when Kaz announced they had no quarrel with him. "That's why I like fighting your kind, Jedi. Professionalism." He started walking again, aiming to pass between the two Jedi at a casual pace.

The Mandalorian turned his helmet to regard Kura as he approached the two. "I got hired to take down a Jedi Knight, so I reported to the location. Here. The Hutt even put up a bonus to handle an Apprentice... but you're no apprentice. Neither is he. Two full blown Jedi Knights is double the cost and our Hutt friends couldn't cover the pay at this particular juncture. You're at the gate, you're not going to let me kill one or the other of you, so I refunded him his pay and I'm going on to the next job."

Kura asked after what was in there now that the Mandalorian was leaving. "Wouldn't be professional to tell you. He can't pay me but the Hutt played it straight the whole way. But rest assured, it's nothing you can negotiate a peaceful surrender with. And not nearly as affective as I would have been." He moved on by and waived over his shoulder. "Good luck, Jedi."
NPC

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Kaz gave his most winning smile in return, looking the Mandalorian right in the face plate. "Just because we were nearly mortal enemies, foiled only by insufficient financial situations, doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't be civilized. What would the galaxy come to if we couldn't let bygones be bygones? Safe journey, Ben." He waived happily with his off hand as the man passed by.

He watched the Mandalorian walk away, up the hallway. "May the Force be with you, Mandalorian." Kaz then turned his focus on Kura. [color=lime]"Non-sentient or mechanical. I imagine you can handle the one..." There was definitely something waiting for them on the other side and, if Kaz understood his double speak properly, it was going to be something heavy handed. Sloppy and destructive. Yet... he didn't feel the boiling rage or overt sense of malice that came from either a sentient attacker -or- an animal ready to do such things. But there was so much background hopelessness... it was hard to tell.

"Well, Kura my dear. I'm thinking we cut through the doors along the frame. It will go fast, put panic in their hearts for how quickly we are making our way in, and then you can blow them in with a TK blast. We enter and put down any automated threats while the biologicals have their heads down. Is it a plan?"
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:35 am

Nodding, her expression serious, Kura let the Mandalorian pass. "I thank you, Ben Dolomine, and may your passage from here be peaceful." She didn't doubt that there was the possibility that the Hutt might have some nasty surprise or other in store for him due to his bailing on the job, no matter that his reasons were perfectly valid. "It would appear that we were expected, likely long before our arrival," she remarked. That meant that the Hutt was probably more prepared than they had anticipated, but the cryptic information given to them by the departing Ben Dolomine was useful enough in gauging the room beyond.

The bare earth underfoot gave Kura encouragement: after all, her ability to alter the environment became much more powerful if her bare feet were in touch with nature itself. She dug her toes into the ground with some sense of satisfaction.

"I do believe we have a plan," she replied to Kaz, the smallest of smiles in place. He would know what she was thinking to do once they were in the chamber itself: there was nothing like a little destabilisation of the ground itself to strike panic into the hearts of their opponents. With a tiny flick of her finger, her ice-blue lightsaber blade sprung to life, its familiar thrumming sound filling the corridor. "On your count, Kaz."
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:51 pm

*Snap-hiss*

Kaz ignited his lightsaber, switched his stance and leveled it at the seam in the door on his side of the hallway. "Three!" He launched forward, burying the blade of his weapon into the metal there where the door met the wall. Where the white energy met the grey metal it turned white hot, melting away as it darkened to orange. Slowly, out of respect for the thickness of most blast doors, he dragged his lightsaber down toward the floor. The sense of panic arose inside, just as expected, when but a few seconds later his blade was more than two thirds of the way down. Then the Force began its warning buzz. Something was changing within, the enemy was setting itself... and yet... Kaz still couldn't get a grasp of what was waiting beyond.

The sense of danger came with no increase in emotional response, except for the Hutt's overwhelming presence. Kaz pulled his blade out of the door as he took a step back. "Droids... lots of them. That's what the Mandalorian was referencing when he said they wouldn't negotiate. That's why I can't sense any feelings of anticipation aside from the big worm, droids don't feel. And that's where my plan falls apart." He looked thoughtful for a long moment as he considered other options. If the droids didn't feel then the shock & awe tactic would be useless. They'd simply adjust to the physical change on the battlefield and open fire accordingly. Kaz wasn't terrible at blaster deflection but if there were enough of them even Kura could be overwhelmed by the coordinated fire of battle droids.

"Before we blow in the door... begin that fog trick. We can't allow them to overlap fire and even if they can find us with IR scanners they won't be able to track each other. If we split up upon entering and keep moving we might be able to make them do some of the work for us. Keep an eye out for other opportunities though, I'm sure there will be some."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PreviousNext

Return to Visions Of The Future