Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Coming Home

Capital planet of the Corellian System, its capital city is Coronet City.

Re: Coming Home

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:03 pm

How could Kura have forgotten the years that the Sith had occupied Corellia? "I am sorry," she said, her voice contrite. "I had no intention of denigrating your childhood. Still... it is an idyllic place. There are worse places in which you could have had to hide your identities." Shili, for one. Between its bustling cities and its grasslands, it could be an inhospitable planet. "You have certainly created a beautiful sanctuary, and it is somewhere that your son will remember for all the right reasons now." It was a shame that Kaz clearly attached less than pleasant memories to the place.

Kura inclined her head. Kaz held high stock on privacy, and, in a way, she felt honoured that he had brought her here. It wasn't easy, letting an outsider in to where you and your family felt safest. She would have to ensure that he was aware of her gratitude, although how she would be able to do that, she was unsure of.

Her black eyes mutinous as Kaz tried to cajole her into getting a "more suitable" outfit made, Kura's mouth set into a grim line. "And what, pray tell, is wrong with the clothes I already have with me," she asked, her tone verging on the edge of belligerent. "I am not someone who belongs in your society, Kaz, so I fail to understand why I must dress as one."
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:28 am

"Nothing for you to be sorry about, Kura. Individuals are hand-crafted by their experiences. I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't experienced what I did yesterday. Besides, there is plenty of good to balance the bad. I was married here, Knighted here, and got to know my son here. Wouldn't trade that for anything." Kaz gave her a truly genuine smile, if hearts could be physical places then Horn Bay was most certainly his.

Kaz raised an eyebrow at her 'mutinous' look but waited until she voiced her concern. "We're passed trying to fit you in, my dear. Nothing is wrong with your clothes, however I recall your physical discomfort when we got into the colder regions of the planet. The outfit I just suggested would be combat functional but provide greater coverage for matters such as hostile climates and in the rare case of more conservative cultures should we encounter them. I do occasionally operate at formal gatherings, after all. I imagine you'll get dragged along."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:16 am

Kura's expression was serious as Kaz dismissed her apology. The last thing she had wanted to do was to stir up bad memories for him, and she felt a sliver of guilt slicing through her. However, the smile he flashed her brought her out of her self-imposed guilt, and she returned the smile. "I am equally attached to Shili, even though I have spent comparatively little time there. It will always be my home." And it would be where she returned once her time came to retire and have children. A husband would be found for her, she hoped that she could love him the way her mother loved her father, and she would maybe be content with her lot. She locked those thoughts away tightly before Kaz got a chance to pick up on them.

Kura's expression didn't improve as Kaz tried to place reason behind having her a new outfit made. She was convinced that it was so that Kaz's family wouldn't be scandalised by her appearance: after all, they were genteel and aristocratic, and she, by comparison, was base and savage.

Still, it seemed as though she was going to have little choice in the matter, and gave an exaggerated sigh. "Very well," she agreed, with no small amount of bad grace. "But I should like at least some input into it." It was the closest that Kaz would get to a genuine agreement.
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:22 am

"I knew you'd understand. Even if life were to deal me an odd sabaac hand and I ended up calling another place home, I would always be Corellian. This is where Kaziki Halcyon was born. I've always had the sneaking suspicion this is where I will die, as well." In violence, if the visions he'd gained in that deep meditation during his trials were right. Atop a grand tower on a golden plain, though so far as he knew no such place existed on Corellia. He'd looked, too. Kura was thinking of husbands but it went away before he could glean any context and so he forgot all about it within a few heartbeats.

Kaz smiled, reassuringly he hoped. "My dear, you and the seamstress will be the only two people with any input on it. As I said, I'm past trying to dress you up for the sake of dressing you up. We'll cross that bridge when we reach it, nobody here will even notice if you come to dinner dressed exactly as you are. Or in your other outfit. I'm going to be in shorts and an A-line shirt. The boy will probably be in his pajamas. Don't be so paranoid."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

Previous

Return to Corellia