Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

The True Path

A city-planet, at times both the capital planet of various Empires, and the home of Jedi Temples.

The True Path

PostAuthor: Dreogan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 pm

((Open to anyone and everyone))

Not much time had passed since the fall of his former master, Darth Rux. Dantes felt lost and alone, yet free. Never in his life, at least that he could remember, had he been given the choice of where to go or what to do. His former master had not given him any guidance beyond combat, Force training, and small history lessons in the Sith. Dantes was smart, however, and knew he must act swiftly to establish himself in the galactic power games. He needed a source of income desperately, whether legal or under the table, and he knew of no better place to build connections that Coruscant.

Unidentified vessel, this is Coruscant-One Control. State your intentions.

Dantes paused. What were his intentions? Should he tell them he sought to create an underground empire of criminals to fund his eventual galactic empire? He laughed to himself, and reached across the control panel of his Star Yacht to the comms, "Hello Coruscant-One. How's your day? This is.." He paused, but only for a moment. Dare he use his real name? "This is Kain Rux, of the goodship Red Rux, requesting permission for a surface landing in Quadrant 6-2-7, Sector I-85." There was silence on the other end, then his console beeped twice and brought up a list of maneuvering and landing vectors.

Red Rux, this is Coruscant-One Control, you have been cleared for a landing. You're destination will be Galactic City, Quadrant Six-Two-Seven, Sector I-Eight-Five. You will be landing on Pad Three. Confirm?

"Confirmed Control, thanks for your time." Dantes switched of his comm, and grabbed the controls. He looked over the flight route, and began humming lightly to himself.

-------------------------

A mechanical hiss permeated the air, a sign that the landing gears had locked and hydraulic pressure was being relieved. The bay doors opened swiftly, perhaps too swiftly, and clanged against the duracrete landing pad. Dantes stepped out of the starship, his boots lightly rapping against the ground. He scanned his immediate surroundings, and began walking with only a vague understanding of where he was going. He needed to find a cantina, but not just any cantina. He needed a seedy, dark place with violent criminals. It was part one of his empire build-up; create an army. He needed warriors, and what better place to find them than an underworld cantina?

He had wandered for some time before he finally came upon a drink house that satisfied his vision. He silently entered the cantina, calling itself 'Rusty's Lung'. He laughed to himself, and slid into a dark booth in the back of the building. Now, he needed a fight, a murder, anything so he could start marking potential soldiers. He motioned to a serving droid, and settled back with his drink as he waited.
Dreogan
Sith
Sith

Faction: Sith

Re: The True Path

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:27 am

The Force had guided the Dark Sider well, he'd arrived just in time for a show. Dantes wasn't seated more than two minutes with his drink before the door of the Cantina opened to admit a suit of armor. The armor was darkly colored, heavily geared, and moving with an easy that belied the extensive size of the figure. While Jax Xefern was naturally 6'8" standing barefoot his armor brought him up to just a whisper short of 7' even. He wasn't the type of being people missed. Especially when he swept through the door like he owned the place, his domed visor helmet looking straight ahead as he didn't need to turn his head to look the whole place over.

A Gotal hissed in pain, grabbing at the ultrasonic sensative cone-shaped organ on its head at about the same time an annoyed looking Togorian was sticking his finger in his hear to wiggle around. He high frequency imager in Jax's helmet had sent out a pulse that, along with the facial recognition software he was running, identified sixteen bounty opportunities on ten people in the room but it only flagged one of those people. A human who's face was just going slack from the shock of a Mandalorian turning toward him, a human who's legs reacted faster than his mind as they started him toward a back of the room exit, but not quick enough. The zoning sound of a saberdart filled the room and the human went down mid-step.

The whole room froze, except for another sound of pain from the Gotal and the even more annoyed looking Togorian, as Jax sent out another pulse while prioratizing his HUD's functions with quick movements of his eyes and voice commands that only the inside of his helmet could hear. His right arm swung toward the bar and two more zoning sounds went off as his left hand tapped a control on his right wrist, launching the saberdarts on puffs of compressed gas. The two (a Rodian and a Trandoshan) both went down, though the Trandoshan made it a couple of steps. That was when everybody in the Cantina with a bounty on their head decided discretion was the better part of valor.

----------------------------------------

Jax smirked to himself inside his helmet as he made his way casually toward the human he'd downed first. That man was who had brought him to the dive in the lower-middle levels of Coruscant, the man paid for the trip and all three doses of narco in the darts all by himself. The other two had been the next two highest bounties in the room and, as long as the pay off wasn't too far out of his way, pure bonus on the job. He pulled a canvas bag out of a pouch on his hip as the last of the little fish ran out the exits, kneeling by the unconscious human, and stripping him of everything of concern or value. He even took any unnecessary accessories the man possessed such as the belt around his waist.

When that was done he rolled the man on his stomach, grabbed a handful of his waistband, and stood, carrying the human over next to the other two where he repeated the process on top of shooting the Trandoshan with something out of some sort of medical injector, right in the neck. He then slapped a medical patch on the back of the Trandoshan's neck and stood, tossing down the garbage on the bar followed by a couple of credit chits. "Water, small bowl of Mantel citrus buds." His voice came out metallic and ominious through the sound filter on the front of the helmet while he settled in to wait for the Trandoshan to wake up.

Jax jingled the three saberdarts in his left hand for a second, idly, while watching the room in his HUD while facing the rack of various bottled spirits on the wall behind the bar. His HUD kept identifying individuals from public records and the like but there were six who didn't seem to have a public record. That would interest Jax on most worlds outside of Hutt Space but not on Coruscant. People were born and died in the lower levels without ever seeing a public official, let alone presenting themselves to any sort of identification agency.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Dreogan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:31 pm

The things we do for Credits... Dantes thought to himself. His master had never taught him much about the Force, beyond using it against an opponent, but Dantes had begun to understand in his own way. The slight pull he felt as he roamed the streets had brought him here for a purpose. Dantes watched the imposing man stride into the cantina like he owned the joint. A smile crept across his face as he watched the hunter easily dispatch three targets in the time it took one of them to rise from their seat. He came looking for a warrior, and by the Force, the universe had dropped one right in his lap.

Anyone trained with Force Sight would have recoiled at the sight of Dantes. His form was surrounded by a mass of wriggling dark-side tendrils, and they snaked into every corner of the building, gathering information that became Dantes' "sight". These tendrils were his eyes, and so much more. A single tendril snaked it's way along the floor, and began wrapping around the bounty hunter. It probed his armour, looking for a way in, before finally slipping under and seeping into the hunter's mind. Dantes sat perfectly still, his hands held together and his chin resting on his knuckles. Let's see what sort of dark secrets you hold, my friend... Soon, Dantes vision darkened, the surrounding cantina replaced by the thoughts and memories the dark side was able to pull from this man, if any.

((I left it slightly open, as what is shown to Dantes will be up to you and how resistant Jax is to mind-affecting powers.))
Dreogan
Sith
Sith

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 am

Jax's mind was quite straight forward. No twisting turning paths, no layer upon layer of subterfuge. In fact, it was likely quite overwhelming just for that which was a defense in and of itself. Violence was easy to find. His easy inclination to it attached to hunger, territory, offspring, and other reptillian concerns. His memories of violence done where there too, just as vivid and numerous as one might expect of a professional bounty hunter and mercenary. They would flash by one after another but the only significance they truly held for their owner was the tactical lessons he'd learned, the tricks he'd learned, and the price the results had fetched him.

Numbers. Numbers were everywhere and even in that moment Jax was calculating what his three catches stood to net him as he pulled up where their bounties were listed for payment. He had to do the math twice, there was a difference in payout for bringing in the Trandoshan alive vs. dead. Not much of a difference once cost of a living prisoner was factored in but enough to make a point with once the being awoke.

It wasn't some special power, nor a latent talent with the Force, that warned him of prying eyes. It was literally the sense of being watched combined with the fact that only one person wasn't making any effort to keep an eye on him. One of the six with no identities on record and, after another ping from his imager, no eyes. Miraluka, all Force sensitive, and Jax's mind slammed shut like a blast door on a breached starship. It was a reaction far more violent in his mind than his physical reaction. His armored hand just moved to rest on the grip of the Briar Pistol strapped to his thigh plate.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Dreogan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Dantes felt the bounty hunter's mind recoil and slam shut, but he did not despair. Enough information had passed to him, he knew what he needed to know for now. He eyed the very large gun at the hunter's hip, and saw his hand reach for it.

Jax'ina Xefern, you don't want to do that, The voice filled Jax's had with a metallic hiss. The Force allowed it's users a many great feats, and Dantes used his abilities to link his mind to Jax's comm system. Enough blood has been spilled for the moment, and you are no use to anyone dead. Dantes flashed a single image into Jax's mind; a KD-30 Slugthrower loaded with hollow-point acid round. I have no desire to start a shootout here, simply a precaution, you understand.

Dantes downed his drink, motioning again for a serving droid. Now, please join me for a drink. There's no reason we can't be civil.
Dreogan
Sith
Sith

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Jax drew the weapon as he made a clockwise turn, keeping it down by his thigh and using the turn to obscure the act of pulling a gas grenade off the front of his armor. There was a hook, set into his harness for just such an occasion, that he used to pull the pin out of the grenade though he continued to hold down the arming lever with his fingers as he gripped the device in his left hand. "You, -obviously-, don't know me. Which brings us to why we can't be civil."

"You violate my personal space, commandeer my gear, call me by a name that -you- are not allowed to call me, and then threaten me with a weapon I can only describe as oddly specific to the situation at hand. Only -then- do you speak of being civil." He tapped his armor, which was the only possible reason for ammunition that did what that ammunition did though it wouldn't be as effective as the owner no doubt thought it would be. "So, if you wanted a civil conversation you failed. And on a related note, if you want somebody to believe you're invincible, darjetii, find some [/i]or'dinii[/i]'s ass to blow that smoke up."

"Now, if you were wanting to talk business there are some fine holo-tapes on the subject of business etiquette," the Mandalorian sneered out through his speaker. "But if you're looking for a fight then I recommend you skin that smoke wagon and get to work so I can see if I can trade your corpse for the bounty the Galactic Alliance is paying for your kind." The guy didn't have the markings that tended to go with the One Sith but he'd been too ham-fisted, to aggressive and threatening to be a Jedi. That meant something in the middle and that put the bounty in question but he'd happily argue it out with the authorities if all he had to do was sit there and wait for them to show up.

{{Mandalorian Language Items}}
darjetti = not Jedi
or'dinii = moron, fool

{{Unrelated Slang}}
'skin that smoke wagon' = draw your chemical propellent based weapon (implies leather holster but the point of the statement remains the same regardless)
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Dreogan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 pm

If I wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't need this. Perhaps I could pop a few joints in the trigger for your grenade. How many fingers do you think you would lose if I overloaded that blaster you hold so dearly?

Dantes shifted in his seat slightly. He placed one arm on the table, parallel to the edge, ready in case of a shootout. This hunter was resistant to his tricks. It's mind had gone almost primitive in what it presented, effectively shutting him out from anything beyond hungry, angry, tired. Why did the big ones always have to bark the loudest?

You speak of threats when you hold a weapon of your own. No, sir, I only take precautions, for precisely these reasons. I choose to live just as you do, so I advise we put this petty act down and act like the civilized beings we are.

Dantes raised his weapon, placing the Dissuader on the table. He lightly spun it in a circle on the table, using the Force to keep it in a slow, controlled spin.
Dreogan
Sith
Sith

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Jax rolled his eyes and put his weapon in his holster. "All of which require focus, which I'm trained to disrupt in Force users, because deep down you're all a bunch of humming navel gazers. So, if you can magic me to death while choking on your blood as it fills your lungs -and- dodging my blaster bolts which I've been trained to aim and time so your gimmick... er, lightsaber... isn't so effective as you're accustomed to then by all means take a shot at it. Because after that approach you can't possibly have enough money to afford to hire me."

Jax put the pin back in the gas grenade and reached down to smack the Trandoshan on the back of the head, bringing the other reptilian being to consciousness. "In the future, try keeping your brain to yourself and offering to buy a merc a drink. You'll get further and won't end up black balled by whatever organization for whom they work because you assaulted their minds, threatened them with specialized weaponry that suggests premeditation, and all the wonderful other things that can be said for your glittering personality thus far."

The Trandoshan finally came around enough to look at Jax's helmeted head. "Pick up the other two, carry them. Don't run, don't drop them, or I set off the micro-explosive in your neck." The Trandoshan put a clawed hand to a sore spot on its neck and sighed before standing up to do as told. "Good luck, Darth Ham-Fist. You're gonna need it." Jax gestured at the door and the Trandoshan started lumbering in that direction.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Return to Coruscant