Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Operation: Wasp Nest

Operation: Wasp Nest

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:04 pm

M4D14 139ABY

The Jedi Order got the call for the mission from the Galactic Alliance's intelligence organization, requesting aid in dealing with an identified and confirmed Sith installation on the planet Kowak. Experience had quickly taught the GA and even the Fel Empire that sending a fleet asset after one of these cells was a good way to find cleared out and abandoned buildings as their only reward, a threat of that size easily sensed coming by the dark Force-sensitives. The request for Jedi assistance had grown out of that lesson, with the Jedi able to both make a small group strike more effective -and- hide such a strike's imminent arrival in the Force from their natural rivals amongst the Sith.

This particular mission had convened on Coruscant, the gathered soldiers and Jedi being loaded onto a capital ship along with their mission assets in the form of equipment, weapons, and the three assault landing shuttles that would be bringing the force to it's mission specified battlefield. No less than a dozen Jedi answered the call from the Jedi Council for volunteers, taking the fight to the Sith after what they'd done wasn't upsetting any of the survivors of that terrible time one bit. The capital ship transported them to a spot in deep space that would set them up for a short jump of several minutes to the Kowak system, at which point the force loaded up. The soldiers in two of the shuttles, the Jedi in the third. The shuttles launched and this is where our story picks up, during the hyperspace jump to Kowak....
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unaligned Systems

Re: Operation: Wasp Nest

PostAuthor: NPC » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:13 pm

The Navy Master Sergeant dropped down from the assault shuttle's cockpit where he had been speaking to the pilots, his boots thumping onto the deck plating for the landing bay's troop compartment heavily. "Alright maggots!" He blinked as several of the robed individuals settled looks of disapproval on him, realizing who he was speaking to and breaking his habit. "Uh... I mean, Master Jedi. We are minutes out from the LZ and this is when I give the mission profile. You lot are the leading edge of this, the targets are well known for being hell on our soldiers so we'll be bringing up a skirmish line in your wake to secure prisoners and be on hand to assist with any troops they may have on their side. Intel is skittish on this set up, about all we got is that there are Sith down there and they have enough shelter built up to house a sizable force."

The Master Sgt. rubbed the back of his neck as he watched those who'd come out of their apparent meditations to look at him. "Reversion is 3 minutes out. Set down should be approximately twelve after that. Make sure your shoes are tied." He retreated back up the latter to the cockpit.

(Any Jedi interested in being part of this run may enter the thread now)
NPC

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Breathe... breathe... breathe...

Kura sat quietly on one of the benches in the shuttle, her Jedi robes balled at her feet, in favour of her usual fighting garb of akul-hide leotard, bare feet, and, of course, a liberal coating of Norris root extract all over her skin. Never let it be said that she went into battle ill-prepared.

She listened as the Navy Sergeant bellowed at the group of Jedi, her face impassive, giving away nothing of the nervousness that was roiling inside her. Her first mission, and she was being sent into a full-on combat situation, a task for which Kura felt that she was woefully inadequate. Swallowing deeply as the Sergeant warned of the time before landing, she leaned back against the bulkhead, closing her eyes for a few seconds as she let out a long, slow breath. Turning to her left, she offered a shaky smile to the young Jedi sat next to her.

"Have you ever participated in a mission such as this before," she asked, an eyebrow quirked up expectantly. "This... this is my first mission since I passed the tests to become a Knight."
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:49 am

Kaz was in a light meditation, his legs crossed underneath him and his wrists perched on his knees while his hands held a relaxed pose. It was the position he had held since they'd been told to load up and the only thing that could possibly break the repose came and did so. A pretty voice. Kaz opened his eyes and turned his head, and paused. Pretty was a wholly inadequate word for what presented itself to his eyes. Robes at her feet, a minimalist approach to the rest of her clothing, healthy lekku... she was what lustful thoughts were made of. It took him a few moments, in fact, to remember exactly what it was she asked him and to sort out all the pleasure den answers that came to mind before he could respond. "I've fought Sith before, yes. Dueling is a specialty of mine out of necessity."

He backtracked in his mind a little as she claimed it was her first mission. It was best if he related, give her somebody to identify with to raise her confidence. "This is the first time I've gone on one of these little nest assaults, however. Especially with so little forward knowledge of what we'd be up against other than at least on crimson lightsaber." He turned his most charming, friendly, and 'nothing to worry about' smile on her. "I am Kaziki Halcyon, Knight of Corellia." Kaz offered his hand in collusion with the introduction.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:19 pm

She hadn't meant to disturb the meditation of the young Knight seated next to her, but Kura's "first night nerves" had gotten the better of her, and she instantly felt guilty as he snapped himself out of his reverie. "I am sorry, I did not intend to disturb your meditation," she apologised, her voice low and husky, utterly sincere. She blinked the once as she took in his exotic (to her, at least) appearance: black-as-night hair, startling green eyes, and a smile that could melt an iceberg on Hoth. She would bet that the young human had left a trail of shattered hearts and broken promises all across the galaxy. Nodding slightly nervously in acknowledgment of his prior experience, Kura felt even more out of her depth. He was possibly even younger than she was, and yet professed an experience that she could only imagine.

Smiling almost gratefully at his attempt to empathise with her, she showed off sharp little pointed teeth, but her nervousness was still evident in her black eyes. "So it seems that we are both experiencing something new," she replied ruefully, casting her eyes down to the floor. "My Master suggested that I ought to volunteer for this mission. She believed I was adequately prepared." Kura paused a little before glancing back up at the young man as he introduced himself, holding out a hand. She took it, shaking it warmly, firmly. "My name is Kura Nuhok, Knight of the Togruta. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Knight Halcyon."
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

"If people were capable of disturbing me from it, it wouldn't be much of a meditation. Honestly, anything to distract me from our being strapped into a tiny coffin with engines." Kaz's eyes even went a little unfocused when he referenced being on the vessel, as if he was disconnecting from the admission to a situation he didn't care for. It was an important and trained skill for a Jedi to have, the ability to disconnect from discomfort, fear, even pain in order to continue to function in situations that would leave most beings incapacitated. Kaz resisted the urge to say something cliche as he sensed her estimation of him adjusting up and down.

Kaz grinned back, noting the predatory teeth and filing that away for later. "If your master believes you are ready you must have confidence in her assessment. Double guessing her could lead to distraction, to hesitation, and these are the things that could get yourself or your allies harmed. Relax, focus on the goal not on the doing. Everything between here and there can be entrusted to the Force."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Kura gave a light lopsided smile as Kaz batted away her apology for disturbing his meditation. "It was a wise choice," she replied with a slight shrug of her shoulders. "A journey of this length can seem interminable..." She looked at Kaziki shrewdly. "...especially if you are not fond of flying." It didn't take a genius to see that the young Knight was uncomfortable, and the light disturbances in the Force coming from him were unmistakable as they sat in close proximity. "I am happy to distract you."

Gazing at Knight Halcyon for a few seconds as he attempted to soothe away her concerns as to whether or not she was ready for the mission they were embarking upon. "Were you not nervous on your first mission, Knight Halcyon," she queried, frowning a little. Maybe she really wasn't ready if she was doubting herself in this manner. "I am sorry, you must think me completely ill-prepared for asking all these questions of you."
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Shado Vao [Inactive] » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am

Shado Vao sat quietly in the corner of the shuttle. His eyes clothes, his dark clothing and armor almost causing him to disappear when the running lights blinked, which they did every time there was turbulence. He listened to the other Jedi Knights, noticing that they seemed younger than he was, though they truly should not. What separated them but a few years? Experience? Facility with the Force? Vao considered those questions, and decided that it was a combination of things. He had seen many battles, he had lost count of them, in fact. He was also a Master of Vapaad, one of the few, and he did not fear combat, but rather had an anticipation of it. Not a desire for it, anymore than the racing beast in the gate is eager for the race. They just know that they must race, and so they anticipate, their bodies and minds prepare them for what lies ahead, it is a natural as breathing.

It was not without reason that he was the Order’s Battlemaster.

Master Vao had not meant to conceal his presence, but stealth, quietude, calm came very naturally to him, and he sometimes drew on the Living Force for these things, without quite realizing he was doing so. He smiled slightly at the conversation that he was silently party to, and to Jedi Halcyon’s simple advice and wisdom. The Jedi were nervous, and that was to be expected, and in a way, that was also wise.

Shado Vao said, “Only the foolish ask no questions, and only the unwise feel no Fear. Fear is a reflex, natural, normal, and most every sentient being has the instinct. It has a purpose, it tells you that you are going into a dangerous situation, it causes a biochemical reaction, prepares your body to fight or to flee, but does nothing for your state of mind, other than to reduce it to a primal thing.” The Battlemaster smiled, “This is not the way of the Jedi, however. Do not doubt yourself for being nervous, for feeling Fear, these are natural things, but you are more than biochemistry, the Force is your ally. Accept the Fear and nervousness, and release it, do not allow it to make you react, you must act upon it.” Shado smiled in his gentle manner, though he often looks mildly amused, as if he knew a small joke no one else did. “Think of the Code, Jedi Nuhok.”

Shado Vao [Inactive]

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 pm

"I know what your thinking," he said with a sigh. "What kind of Corellian hates flying, we practically invented it. I'm actually doing rather better than usual for the sake of current company... I also excel at what is coming at the end of this unfortunate ride. I'm looking forward to the challenge, in fact. Opportunities to test my specialty are so few and far between of late I dread the looming specter of growing rusty." He was rambling a little, likely to put the topic and acknowledgement of flight as far behind them in the conversation as possible. "Thank you, you seem like you'd be very distracting indeed." Kaz winked.

Without missing a beat Kaz answered her question. "I puked... on my Master. Fortunately my master was my father and he'd been puked on by me before." The young Corellian turned his head as another voice joined the conversation, spotting the blue Twi'lek in a head sock in the flash of a bay light. He listened attentively as he immediately recognized the being for who he was. "Master Vao, I didn't know you favored the Unifying Force..." The Jedi Master referencing the Jedi Code was the only part that dispelled that idea. He turned his attention back to Kura and supplied her with a more refined version of the appropriate line of the Code, whispering it so that it was only for her. "Emotion; yet Peace."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 pm

"I was making no such judgment," Kura replied quickly, shaking her head, her bound lekku bouncing with the movement. "We all have things that we are afraid of... or nervous of. It is nothing to be ashamed of, and also nothing that cannot be overcome with time." Her voice was low and gentle, no hint of judgment there, no recrimination or mockery. She had her own fears, after all, and they were probably every bit as irrational as Knight Halcyon's. However, as the young man boasted that he excelled at what was coming at the end of their journey, Kura found herself ever more unsure as to her readiness. "What is your specialty," she asked, pushing her misgivings to the back of her mind, not wanting to address them right now.

Her montrals and lekku turned a pale blue, and the creamy-white markings on her face and body darkened to almost match her skin tone as the other Jedi winked and said something highly inappropriate. A tiny flicker of a smile danced across her lips for just a second. However, before she had a chance to respond, the young Corellian regaled her with a tale of his first mission. "You..." She couldn't continue, instead bursting into joyous laughter at his embarrassing admission. About to quiz him further, their conversation was interrupted by a soft, authoritative voice from the shadows, and Kaziki's reaction said it all: a true Jedi Master was among them.

Shado Vao, no less.

She blinked a few times as he reminded her that fear was healthy, and not to let it govern her, reminding her of the Jedi Code. The young Corellian, however, seemed to take slight issue with this, and whispered close to her ear. She gave him a slight smile before turning her gaze to Master Vao. "It is sometimes easier said than done, Master Vao," Kura replied quietly, giving Kaziki a slightly wan smile. "I... simply feel as though I am ill-prepared, and have not yet earned my place amongst the esteemed Jedi gathered here." An accurate and honest assessment, but possibly not something she should have admitted in front of the Twi'lek.
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

Next

Return to Kowak