Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Scum and Villainy [Auren]

A large space station in the Besh Gorgon System, a popular haunt with the less savoury types in the Galaxy.

Re: Scum and Villainy [Auren]

PostAuthor: Darth Murdus » Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm

"I'm a Sith Lord," he replied flatly to her inquiry into his fearlessness, and he let the thought hang in the air for a moment before he leaned closer to her. "Boo!" he whispered, and the grin returned to his face as he leaned back and wiggled his fingers as if casting some sort of cheesy curse. He really doubted that anyone would believe such a claim coming from a cheerful man in a seedy bar who'd just been leading a group of other patrons in song; as far as he was aware, the common myth was that Sith did not smile, laugh, or otherwise enjoy themselves unless torture or destruction were involved. It just so happened that the joke was true in his case.

"Always leave 'em wanting more," he said of his would-be friends. It seemed pretty unlikely by now that he was going to get her to join them, so he was going to have to squeeze all of the pleasure he could out of this interaction before he returned to them. His free hand met with hers and gave it a firm, curt shake (she didn't seem like the type of woman to need a gentler touch). "The name's Junahthur," he said. "People call me Jun for short. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Darth Murdus

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm

"A Sith Lord??"

Auren's laughter was incredulous, and she shook her head with utter amusement as the man in front of her tried to scare her. "Then I guess I'm a Jedi Master," she snorted, grinning as he waved his fingers in front of her in a mock-cursing gesture. "I see your Force Lightning, an' raise it Affect Mind!" She gestured to the bartender. "A bottle of Ithorian Mist, an' another glass for my friend."The bartender grinned and brought a bottle within seconds, slapping a second shot glass onto the bar. Auren wasted no time in pouring more whisky for the two of them. Auren returned the firm handshake with a similar pressure.

"Well, I guess I'm pleased to meet ya, Jun," she grinned, raising her glass to him in salute. "An' I definitely think your friends are wantin' more." She took a sip of the Mist this time, not wanting to get completely bombed any more: this guy seemed nice enough to talk to, and was pretty easy on the eye, too. "So what are you doin' here? Seems like neither of us is here just because it's a good place for food an' drink. So what gives with you, Jun?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Darth Murdus » Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm

As Auren poured them a round of shots, Junahthur raised his hands in surrender. "Curses! I am vanquished!" he said. His first thought, of course, had been that Affect Mind only worked on those whose minds were weak, but he'd quickly asked himself which response would be the more fun. The answer was immediately obvious. All that remained to be seen was what command he might receive now that he was in her power. He raised the glass meant for him and gently struck it against Auren's in a toast before downing the entire thing at once, mistakenly assuming that they were taking the shots as shots. He avoided commenting on his action and worried not about his constitution; thanks to his true mass, his tolerance was deceptively high.

"Well..." he began, honestly unsure what gave her the impression that he was here for anything more than a jolly good time. He couldn't honestly deny that she was right about that, but he found her ability to sense his intentions (or perhaps she was only guessing?) to be rather impressive for one not in tune with the Force. "To be quite honest, I do have my eye out for a certain type o' character: someone quick-witted and adaptable, with morals a little looser than most and a knack for piloting starships. I figure a place like this is as good a place as any to look for people to suit my needs, but so far, I haven't found exactly the right person." It was one of those things that he hoped to feel when it was right; the Force had a talent for guiding one to destiny, after all. "And you? What secret purpose are you keeping?"
Darth Murdus

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 am

And that was it.

Auren couldn't help but laugh at Jun's mock surrender, and she grinned as he chinked his glass against hers before downing the shot in one. "The only thing that'll vanquish you 'round here is that Ithorian Mist," she replied, amusement dancing through her words as she nodded towards the bottle between them on the bar. "An' seein' as I don't intend on leavin' here until that's all gone, I think we're both about to get 'vanquished'." Well, Auren herself was probably well on the way to a certain level of drunkenness herself, but, as long as she paced herself now, maybe topped up with a little food in a while, she might last through until the bottom of the bottle.

Jun appeared to give some thought as to her question about why he was there. It seemed to surprise him, which was a little odd: after all, who came to the Wheel for fun? The very nature of the place meant that it was hardly a haven for relaxation. She sipped her whisky contemplatively as he explained that he was looking for a particular type of person, and a light smirk settled on her lips. "Sounds as though you got some business dealings that ain't quite..; legitimate goin' on there," she remarked, wanting to hear more about what he was after before she just so happened to mention that she was a passable pilot, amongst other things on his list. "Me?" Auren punctuated her reply by knocking back the rest of her shot.

"Well, I might just be lookin' for a long-term job."
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Darth Murdus » Sun May 19, 2013 3:56 pm

"I hear the vanquished only grow more powerful," said Junahthur with a smirk. He wrapped his hand around the neck of the bottle of Ithorian Mist and brought it nearer to his face for examination. His smirk grew wider before he set it back down. "I don't expect we'll be derivin' any extra power outta this, but it might just be enough to facilitate a good time. That's good enough for me." So what if he'd revealed, that having fun wasn't his entire reason for coming here? He still enjoyed some revelry when the opportunity for it arose, and there would be plenty of time for him to find the kind of person he needed; there were no shortage of such individuals in the infamous wheel.

"I doubt there's anyone in this establishment who's not done something 'illegitimate,'" he quipped. "Why, I bet some of these fine people are doin' somethin' illegitimate as we speak. If I was lookin' to operate within the confines o' the law, I'd be on some Alliance planet checkin' their shiny docks." The primary issue with law-abiding citizens was of course that they were law-abiding and thus likely to react with great negativity to the presence of a Sith, but their general stuffiness didn't help their appeal. Junahthur needed someone competent, but he wanted someone who was both competent and interesting. "And what kind o' work are you lookin' for, if I may be so bold?"
Darth Murdus

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Mon May 20, 2013 5:05 am

Well, at least it seemed as though Jun was happy to settle in and have a good time, even though that might not be his primary reason for being on the Wheel. "Power brings too much trouble, anyway," remarked Auren, shrugging lightly and taking another small sip of the whisky. "Far better to know when to just throw your hands up an' have fun, rather than fightin' what could end up bein' some unwinnable war." She'd seen how power could corrupt people first hand: her father had been a prime example, prepared to use his own daughters as nothing more than bargaining chips in some obscene power exchange, not once seeing them as people, only as what they could bring him in the long run.

No, it was safe to say that Auren wasn't a fan of garnering power.

She smirked as Jun remarked on the quality of the present company, idly tracing a finger around the thickened rim of the shot glass. "Is that an admission of guilt," she chuckled lightly. "Or are you on a fishin' trip to find out what I might have done in some dim an' distant past?" She was only toying with him. After all, she hadn't done much, not in the grand scheme of things. She narrowed her eyes slightly as he asked what type of work she was looking for, and took a slow, contemplative sip of her whisky before answering. "Somethin' that pays well," she replied bluntly. "I've spent the last fifteen years workin' security on ships, an' also tranlatin' an'... negotiatin' when needed. "I grew up around the shipyards on Corellia, an' have been flyin' since I was able to persuade someone to teach me." She arced a challenging eyebrow at the man. This was getting interesting.

"An' what, exactly, are you lookin' to hire someone for?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Darth Murdus » Thu May 30, 2013 4:40 pm

"I absolutely agree," said Junahthur, his smirk only widening as she expressed her views on power. Did he want power? Perhaps, after a fashion, but he could stand not to be the most powerful person in the room so long as he could be confident that he was the smartest; history had shown that guile always won over force. "Too much power can drive a man--or, a woman--mad. Best to moderate and keep a clear head, yeah?" Krayt, unfortunately, had rendered the war of the Sith unwinnable the moment he'd decided that earning the allegiance of a Jedi was more important than maximizing the potential of the loyal forces he already had. It seemed that was too often the downfall of incarnations of the Sith Order. He hoped that Nihl would not make the same error.

Her short story about her past had him curious. He'd heard stories like hers before, and they always ended one of two ways: a deeper and deeper plunge into a life of crime or "redemption" at the hands of some righteous upstart. It was too soon to say that she could be called a criminal in the harshest sense of the word, but it was rare for anyone to come to the Wheel without having some sort of stain on their record. Naturally, he was most interested in seeing her story end in crime, but he certainly couldn't say that outright. "Piloting, as it happens," he answered. "I can fly a ship as well as any other fella in this galaxy. Sadly, 'as well as any other fella' is rarely good enough for any job worth the trouble."

He began to swirl his drink around in his glass, eying the ice cubes curiously as they twisted about. Smiling halfheartedly, he concluded, "Some o' the best tend to gather here on the Wheel. I imagine that's because legitimate work, as it were, doesn't often require much fancy flyin'. Makes sense, hm?"
Darth Murdus

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Fri May 31, 2013 6:27 am

Smirking lightly as Jun agreed with her take on power - well, seemed to at least - Auren shrugged. "Some people seem to feed on power, others... well, it destroys them." She took another sip of whisky, waving a hand in the air dismissively. "Still, power always corrupts, an' I never wanna see myself going that way." In truth, she didn't want to turn into a carbon copy of her father, not if she had any say in the matter. And, in her choice of profession, she felt that she was about as far from that happening as it was possible to be.

Cocking her head as Jun explained that he was looking for a pilot, Auren nodded, waving her hand around the crowd in the bar. "Well, I think you're gonna have your pick of people here," she said mildly. There were a few men she knew in the bar to be good pilots, some to be great pilots, and yet others who would kick your ass off your own ship and steal it as soon as look at you. "But you gotta be careful. Some of the best would steal your ship out from under you, takin' everythin' on board with it, an' leavin' you on some planet in the middle of nowhere." She had seen it done more times than she cared to remember. There were a lot of people out there bearing some powerful grudges towards some of the men in this particular bar.

She took another sip of her whisky, cocking a curious eyebrow up at Jun. "What kinda ship have you got, anyway," she asked. "I might be able to point you in the right direction to someone who won't screw you over."
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Previous

Return to The Wheel