Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Operation Garbage Hauler ~ Tag Kaz

Completed threads from M4 139ABY

Re: Operation Garbage Hauler ~ Tag Kaz

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 am

Listening to the rumble of far-off explosions as the garbage warehouse slowly began to tear itself apart, Cade powered up the speeder and snorted, "Knock yerself out Halcyon - that bastard can move here and there without leaving a trace - if you really think him... or her... or IT is going to be caught by trackin a speeder down go for it, I've got better things to do with my time," jerking the speeder free of the landing pad - Cade picked up speed - intending to get away from the building before it shredded itself completely...

Which it did just a second later

Listening to R2 squeal as his booster jets and the explosion sent him flying up and OVER them - tugging the speeder along for the ride - Cade let out a swear as he compensated masterfully; allowing the pressure to provide movement and ride out the wave instead of fighting against it

At least he did until he let go of the wheel to catch R2 who came dropping back towards them

Holding the steering wheel with his knees and R2 with his hands and the force, Cade grunted as he struggled to keep the speeder aloft and outside of the massive wall of the explosion. As the fire increased and Cade could feel the force warning him about the next explosive round, Cade cursed again, "Sithspit... blast me for a fool!" letting go of R2 and slamming the accelerator down hard Cade winced as they were slammed against their seats (R2 squealing as his tow-rope went taunt) and the speeder shot away from the warehouse

Just as the building itself vanished in a massive wall of flame and exploding debris

Looking back over his shoulder as fire ships started approaching the inferno - attempting to control it - Cade scowled, "The force only knows how many buildings UNDER that building blew up along with it..." closing himself off to the force and blocking the massive sense of lost life, Cade scowled to himself and slowly eased off on the throttle, "You alright back there R2?" the stream of beeps and bleeps didn't sound very friendly, but Cade just smiled, "Yeah I love you too... hang on, I'm takin us straight to the mynock," glancing at Halcyon, Cade muttered, "Someone's gotta explain this mess and they probably don't want it to be me,"
Deliah, What the hell is goin' on in the engine room?
Were there monkeys?
Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?
Cade Skywalker

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Kaz merely smiled to himself, that was as far as physical reaction went for the pessimism of his companion. That lasted right up until the explosions were well and truly over, at least for the time being. "With friends like you who needs enemies, Cade? Perhaps this opponent is as assured of his or her victory as you are my defeat. Arrogance in the suspect can be as useful as defeatism to a well prepared and thorough investigator. This should be your thinking, as a matter of fact, seeing as you've defeated superior foes based entirely on the fact that they underestimated you. Why would you presume I couldn't capitalize on those same sorts of mistakes?"

The young Corellian had simply held on to his seat, bracing against floor and side wall while the speeder had bucked about. He'd eyed the trajectory of the droid but it was simply beyond Kaz's abilities to do anything constructive for the self-motivating appliance, so he just made sure it wasn't going to come down on him directly and stayed anchored to his own position. When it was all over he smoothed his robes and began watching the scenery. All the Sith had to do was make a single, solitary mistake and the chase would be on. In the mean time there was a great deal of data to decode, verify, and investigate. The Sith were moving, just beneath the surface as was their way, and it was best if the Jedi figured out what was next before it could come to fruition. Letting the Sith act unhindered until they stepped back into the open was asking to be destroyed yet again.

Kaz didn't block anything, not of the deaths. They deserved for somebody to know what had happened, to have witnessed their passing and remember. It was a terrible price but it was one that any fully trained Jedi could afford if they knew themselves well enough. There was no point in reacting to Cade's intention for Kaz to explain what had happened during their investigation, Kaz preferred it that way as well and would prevent conflicting reports from confusing the issue at hand. It would also allow Kaz to expedite the actions he needed to take place sooner rather than later. Then he would have to get himself back on the galactic road.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 am

Stumbling out of the cockpit with a tired look on his face, Cade wandered down the hall onboard the Mynock and flopped down into one of the chairs at the table in the lounge/dining room/repair shop. Now wearing his longcoat again, Cade picked up the pazaak deck sitting in the middle of the messy table and began to shuffle the cards, "I think if the council chews me out one my time my belly-button 'll cave in and I'll be walkin around on my hips,"

The report to the council - suffice to say - hadn't gone well. Granted, the council hadn't yelled or screamed or called him a bad boy... but the tone of their reception for his comments, jokes and report hadn't really gone all that well.

Flat disinterest to non-acknowledgement had been just about the best Cade had achieved

The information Halcyon had relayed about Revan, the hidden storehouse, the droid production factory had been absorbed and stored relatively quickly; but when it had come time to sum-up the loss of life, the damage to equipment, and now all the complaints and rants from the Hutt Cartel about 'illegal Jedi activity' on Nar Shadda... suffice to say, Cade hadn't exactly blown the wind up anyone's skirt. As R2 rolled through the room - gathering bits and pieces of tech, junk, clothes and old dishes; Cade was beginning to realize that when he left the ship with Deliah the place was always a mess whenever he got it back.

Now he wished she was here so he could chew her out for it - it'd take his mind off his troubles. Despite his scruffy attitude and appearance he generally preferred a cleaner environment - especially onboard the Mynock which was his pride and joy. But then, despite her feminine appearance and sweet personality, Deliah was a bit of a slob... as evidenced any time you walked into her section of the hanger, or her bedroom... or (force forbid) the engine room...

Glancing up from the deck of cards as Halcyon walked in, Cade said, "Well that takes care of that... hope the GA can do something with that chemical compound from the fake phrik," scowling, Cade shuffled the deck again, "Any luck with the traffic cops on that shuttle the Sith stole? Or all those trackers you left?"
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

"If it makes you feel any better," Kaz spoke from where he stood, looking up into an open panel at the exposed wires that hung there. Of course, he was no engineer and never pretended to such a thing but it seemed like something that shouldn't be. Oh well... "They treat me the same way and I'm an actual Jedi. That should put it into perspective for you." The High Council had learned a hard lesson during the recent Purge, the only problem being it wasn't the same lesson that the Corellian Jedi had learned... but that was a problem for another time. With Cade being blatantly rebellious, and the High Council having it in their collective heads that they possessed authority over him, it was bound to be a mutually biting situation.

Kaz's own report had been somewhat less verbose on the High Council's end of things. A couple 'and then' type comments, a question or two regarding what he could have done instead, and a recrimination about fleeing the structure instead of being buried alive disguised as a 'you should trust in the Force more' lesson slash lecture. Kaz countered by being military precise in his recitation, well organized in the details department, and by merely noting that, yes, he had thought about what else could have been done and he'd chosen the best option available. Carefully avoiding telling them that trusting blindly in anything, including the Force, was a good way to die for lack of foresight.

"At the very least they can figure out what they are scanning for. It's a unique material and, thus, security forces will be able to spot the planted droids with little effort." Kaz finally turned to regard the... it suddenly occurred to Kaz he had no clue what world Cade was from. Not that it mattered with that one, he had no cultural identity that Kaz had ever noticed. "I got an exit vector but the vessel itself was long gone by the time I asked after it. Remarkable for not lingering and not speaking to ATC, it made a straight run out of the planet's gravity well and made the jump to hyperspace immediately. The vector isn't much but I can get a few ideas from it all the same."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 am

Snorting at Kaz's comment about being in just as much trouble, Cade leaned back in his seat, "Woulda been nice if Master K'Kruhk had been there - he's the one who got me involved in this mess... leavin me to the rest of the council (who I really think don't like me very much) was just so very sweet of him..." glancing at R2 (who was holding a bra coated with oil between one pair of grippers and a stack of dishes in the other) when the little droid tweeted at him, Cade braked a laugh and started shuffling his cards again, "You're probably right R2... K'Kruhk probably WOULD of given me a much harder time..."

His father's tender guidance and Master Sazen's firm hand had been nothing compared to Master K'Kruhk's sharp tongue, hard stick and short amount of patience. At his age, he'd seen 'gifted' students like Cade before... and he tended to be pretty hard on them - especially if they claimed not to be Jedi anymore.

Nodding at Kaz's comment, Cade said, "Only problem I see with that is that we don't even know where they ended up... how many... who they got sent to... or if the droids are even know what they're sposed to be doin..." shaking his head, Cade said, "Bad enough having the-force-knows how many Sith runnin 'round out there... now we got a buncha droids that could turn rogue anywhere anytime anyway..." glancing at R2 again, Cade rolled his eyes, "Yeah when I mentioned that during the holocall it probably WAS when the council first started to get ticked..."

Listening as Halcyon summed up his investigation of the shuttle, Cade scowled and muttered, "All that thing has to do is jump a few systems outside of the regular hyper-lanes and it could end up anywhere... no way of trackin it now..." picking a rubber-band up off the table, Cade snapped it around his deck of cards and tucked it into a drawer under the table, "Guess that chops off just about every loose end we had..." groaning as he got to his feet, Cade stretched and said, "You want a lift somewhere, Halcyon? I've gotta get back home in a day or two but if it ain't too far off the map I can drop you somewhere,"
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:37 am

Kaz chuckled openly at it all. "Ah, Grand Master K'kruhk. A child of the old Order and an irredeemable traditionalist. I can often feel his eyes on my back whenever I'm on Ossus, his disapproval lingering in the air about us every time I have to speak with him. That's the way with old men, but can you blame him? He watched Anakin Skywalker happen, then this most recent purge, the guy is bound to have issues with people who don't see traditions as the same as law." He turned to glance at Cade again, giving a significant look. "And Master Dooku as well, so we both have parallels that disturb him greatly."

Shrugging simply, Kaz countered the pessimism with pragmatism. "We don't have to know where they ended up, not yet. We analyze the information, share it with the appropriate organizations, and then, when appropriate droids are discovered, we have the next piece in the puzzle. Great thing about droids is that there is going to be information of some use knocking around inside of them and their nature makes it extremely easy to retrieve." All one had to do was disassemble the bloody things and hunt down whatever it was that had been programmed in that didn't belong. Even if it was just a command code or frequency hard wired into them, it was still something that could be investigated, followed, a link between the droid and the true source of the problem at hand.

"This is a victory for us, Cade. Regardless of the Order being disappointed that it isn't the end game they seem intent on hoping for but doing nothing about. Regardless of all the, as yet, unanswered questions. We have information that we can follow, move forward on, and as long as we are moving forward the Sith will have to remain on the back foot, reactionary. I'm sure you've learned enough about that lightsaber to know being on the back foot is the worse way to lose a duel." Kaz folded his arms into his sleeves and gave a sad shake of his head. "You have a long way to go before you reach Mastery, my friend. Perhaps I won't follow our invisible foe back to his home address... but, then again, maybe he or she or it has grown overconfident and that's precisely what I'll find on the other end of that vector. With the Force as my ally, nothing is impossible."

Cade asked if he could drop Kaz off somewhere and Kaz quickly shook his head. There was no way in the Force he was leaving atmosphere in a ship like the one he currently stood on. It was too small and there was nothing about its interior that inspired confidence in the Corellian Jedi Knight. He glanced at R2. Nothing. "Thanks for the offer but... I have other things to handle here before I go. Following up on some of the information we've just gained. If nothing else, there was a recent Sith presence on the planet and an almost guaranteed future one. I need a day or two to start fitting the pieces together before I return to Ossus. I'll catch a ride on an appropriately direction-ed medium freighter or catch a passing GA corvette when the time comes." He bowed to the other man and started for the boarding ramp, taking his leave as it appeared Skywalker would be doing the same.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:32 am

Snorting at the comment about this being a victory, Cade sounded almost bitter as he said, "Victory, huh? It's a victory then?" shaking his head, Cade said, "I've always been one for takin my points where I can get 'em... but the best you can say about this mess is that it's a stalemate - the Hutts on the Triumvirate for unapproved Jedi actions... hundreds of people dead... the force-knows how many secret killer-droids out there on the loose... and we don't even know what to do with the factory that made them - even if we can find that factory under several quarter miles of slag..."

Waving his finger like a half-dead flag, Cade muttered, "Yeah... great victory... go us,"

Listening as Kaz said that he had a long time to go before master, Cade stood up from the chair he was sitting in and waved the Jedi away, "That's the third time you've tried to be my teacher since this trip began Halcyon - don't ever do it again. You ain't my better... you ain't my master... and I ain't a Jedi," shaking his head, Cade stood there with his feet spread apart evenly, "I don't want mastery - Halcyon. I don't need it... a good ship, a good crew and my own destination - that's what I want. I owe the Jedi a lot... and I owe the Triumvirate quite a bit more. I ain't poor anymore - with all the bounties on Krayt, my savings and what I stole from the One Sith I don't think me or my family 'll ever be poor again... I just don't want to make myself a target for thieves runnin around in a ship made of gold,"

His voice calm and controlled - but his tone ensuring that it was understood that he was serious, Cade said, "I'm helpin the Jedi 'cause they need it - I'm helpin the GA and the Fel Empire 'cause they're good people led by a fair whack of idiots... as long as there are problems to be dealt with I'll deal with them. But you and the Jedi ain't got no hold on me - and you definitely have no business tryin to tell me what to do," the fact that Cade wasn't yelling or swearing when he was saying this showed that he'd grown since the old days - the fact that he was indirectly lying on the reasons he'd come out of retirement was neither here nor there (as far as Cade was concerned) and he kept his temper well under control as he finished, "Now, if I've finally driven that point home - and you don't want a lift - I'm headin out..."

For almost a minute Cade just stood there - watching Halcyon as he walked down the ramp - but just as he was about to close the ramp the fallen Jedi rolled his eyes and strode off after Kaz, "Halcyon... Halcyon!" reaching the young Jedi, Cade stared at him for another minute before offering his hand, "You... you uh... you fight good," he said lamely - attempting to offer some form of compliment after the ordeal they'd just been through, "You fight real good,"
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Kaz could only smile sadly as Cade insisted on reducing a galactic battlefield down to a series of pointless points. Unhappy Hutts? The Jedi and, by extension, the GA couldn't care less about what the Hutts felt about 'unapproved Jedi actions'. That was what happened when a world, sector, or some other entity decided to sign the Unaligned Systems treaties, the Triumvirate stopped being worried about what did and didn't make said entity happy. Hundreds of people dead? Sad, incredibly so, but against the backdrop of the war with the Sith it was a drop in the sea. Those who had such connections in the galaxy would be mourned, their deaths held against the individual Sith responsible when he or she was caught. A short eternity in the appropriate facility to follow. They knew how to find the droids, Kaz had set up a way to find the factory again when the path was opened, and Cade knew all of that in spite his continued attempts to claim otherwise.

"Oh boy, Apprentice Skywalker, are you ever going to be annoyed when we have to revisit those lessons later." And with that he was walking across the landing field, his arms up the sleeves of his replacement robe. His mind, at least most of it, was on the problems at hand. He would need to take out a GA picket ship, make a short couple of jumps along that hyperspace vector just to be certain. Any information that could be acquired from ship sensors about that shuttle would need to be acquired as well. And then his name was being called, causing Kaz to turn back as Cade came striding toward him. That raised an eyebrow but the other joined it suddenly when Cade offered a compliment. Kaz wasn't certain what to think about that. Instead, he offered a compliment of sorts in return as he took Cade's hand and shook it firmly. "I've worked very hard to have that skill, your raw talent is nothing short of amazing and I hope it is more than enough to protect your family."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:38 am

Nodding wordlessly at Kaz's compliment, Cade said nothing as the Jedi departed - watching him go, Cade thought back to his life as a Jedi - the future his father... his master... even the whole council had chose for him from the day he was born.

He almost wondered... would that future really have been that awful?

As he turned back to the mynock and caught sight of R2 chasing some rat-lizard down the ramp of his ship - zapping the little monster and bleeping insults at it for trying to hide in one of the spare storage compartments, Cade couldn't help but grin to himself. Slowly, that grin turned into a laugh... and that laugh turned into a moment of relief. Brief as it was - even with all the horrific nightmares had faced every time he closed his eyes... it was relief.

As memories of his time with his friends and family... and his beloved Zeltron partner flew through his mind, Cade remembered just WHY he'd come out of retirement... and he thought to himself, "Maybe it wasn't such a bad day after all..."
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

Previous

Return to M4 139ABY