Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Operation Garbage Hauler ~ Tag Kaz

Completed threads from M4 139ABY

Re: Operation Garbage Hauler ~ Tag Kaz

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:07 am

Getting to his feet, Cade dusted off his hands and said, "Boring stories about Exar Sadow and his war with Marka Sun... spire or whatever are all well and good and fine and just LITTERED with tid-bits of wisdom... yeah, for spastin Jedi Historians!' rolling his eyes, Cade said, "Kid, let me level with ya - if that information was important it wouldn't spend all of it's time sitting in some dusty archive waiting for the Sith to level it - they don't even let kids look at the good stuff anyway," scowling at R2 when the droid twittered at him, Cade scratched at his bare arm and said, "He is NOT right! Look - both of you - I do just fine. If I was really as 'woefully lacking' as both of you seem to think the Jedi AND The Galactic Alliance wouldn't keep ringing my com-unit every few weeks with new jobs that I don't even get paid for,"

Shrugging as he headed for the door, Cade snapped his fingers, "Take that for a mantra and chant it... I get the job DONE, Halcyon. THAT'S what is important - not how much information about the Empirical Infinite I know and the struggles of the Ulu's under the harsh hand of Goluka," when Halcyon asked him how R2 was supposed to deal with the factory as the walked towards the door, Cade shrugged, "Well I ain't had much book-learnin there Mr. Halcee-on... but I reckon little ol' R2 will just have ta figure it out, ain't that right little feller?" glancing at R2, Cade smirked at the little droids reply and tossed him the spare com unit again, "We gotta hurry this up - my coat is sitting out in that speeder and I want it back,"

Dealing with the droids and heading for the lift, Cade swiped the card past the scanner and (after motioning Halcyon inside) strode in and checked the power-cell on his Lightsaber as the lift descended. Glancing at Halcyon when the Jedi said that the droids were lucky that he didn't deal with them, Cade was about to comment when his head came up as the lift stopped mid-descent, glancing at Halcyon as the lift hung and the lights flickered - Cade finally relaxed when the lift resumed moving and all seemed well...

Until the doors whooshed open and some few dozens of Battle droids of varying designs were standing outside of the doors staring at them.

The first thing Cade noticed was that NONE of the droids were armed. Second, they were all battle droids. Third, that not only were there varying B1, B2 and BX-series droids watching him - but droids from various factions and galactic unions (Cade even spotted two or three stage-1 Dark Troopers and a few Hunter Killer series droids) were all lined up...staring at him and Halcyon. No warning came from the force - not tug to use his Lightsaber. For the first time since coming here Cade didn't feel any intention of threat, "Oh please excuse me! Excuse me! Pardon me! The grey-one must be seen! Please! EXCUSE ME!" staring as a flimsy-looking protocol droid trundled into view, Cade opened and closed his mouth a few times and whispered, "I may not know much about history... but my uncle collected old droids... that's a GE3 protocol droid - that thing has to be-"

"Several thousand years old - yes one who is grey, I am indeed that old. I was placed here when the forgotten Empire took the seed away and left the foundry to dust and decay three thousand years ago," staring at the droid, Cade glanced at Halcyon and said, "Okay... and the reason for this... greeting?" the droid tilted its head to one side, "It has not been since the foot steps of another grey warrior that we have seen one who is like him, save for you. When the seed was taken, the original care-takers of the foundry fell to in-fighting and died out - and we slept. But just a short time ago, a great darkness came and restored us... the seed is gone, but the foundry remains. These who you call the greeting were used as prototypes and they maintain the foundry, and they greet you as I greet you,"

A confused look on his face as the droids all knelt, Cade opened and shut his mouth a few times and said, "You're greeting... me... R2 are you getting any of this?" listening to the reply, Cade rolled his eyes, "Yeah, they're obviously crazy - I meant why are they greeting me?" the protocol droid stood up at that, "We greet not just you - but the white knight who walks with you. Just as the last grey warrior had many companions, you also do not travel alone. We will answer any questions you may put to us - for the dark one's that restored us have no spoken to us in a long time beyond to demand more of our number. And now even that is silent for the green pirate queen is no more... but come, shall we not sit or stride about the foundry as you organic beings are so apt to do?"
Deliah, What the hell is goin' on in the engine room?
Were there monkeys?
Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?
Cade Skywalker

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 am

"I imagine you mean Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos... and from what little you're giving me I'm going to guess Sunspire was an attempt to reference Nomi Sunrider..." A thought suddenly struck him, a solution to a problem that had been jumping up and down for attention in the back of his mind since over a year ago. He made mental note of it and slid it back to the dark corner it had come from. "They aren't boring stories, you just have an unentertaining and jaded mind. There are lessons to learn in all of those stories, especially in Exar Kun's. Especially for you." Kaz raised an eyebrow at Cade as he continued. "Actually, it depends on what you mean by 'kids' and have you ever considered that the reason the G.A. comes to you may be because you are woefully lacking in certain areas?"

Kaz shook his head as they rode along on the elevator. "You're falling into the Sith trap of the ends justifying the means. Both count. Both count equally, for that matter. It matters just as much how you accomplish a job as whether the immediate job was accomplished or not. Your actions have echoes that affect the future, that build upon the past. If someone needs shelter building them a house out of wet packed sand is a temporary solution at best, dropping a prefab house is quick and easy, but teaching them to build permanent homes from the available materials around them is a forever solution with so many more positive outgrowths and learning opportunities. It takes longer, it's harder work, but it accomplishes so much more than merely getting the job done." He carefully considered the coat issue... the brightly colored speeder shouldn't be too hard for Cade to find, where ever it had ended up.

There was a short pause but they got where they were going quickly enough. As the doors opened there was a thrill of intellectual surprise as what he saw before him momentarily contradicted what he'd been feeling in the Force. Of course there would be no intention of violence, they were droids, but there was no looming, generalized danger lingering in the Force either which was usually an indicator of impending droid issues. A stuffy voice, a protocol droid (one of Kaz's least favorite type of droids) came floating as the machine made its way toward the front. "The gray-one? He must have a bad photo-receptor, Cade. He thinks all that blond hair on your head is you aging poorly."

Kaz racked his mind but was coming up with a blank for just what the droid was talking about. Unless it was referencing the Rakata, who by all reports were a gray skinned species of a sort that currently escaped his memory. He wanted to say reptilian but it was more an instinct than based in any half-remembered fact. However, the last bits made plenty of sense. "The joint was inactive, Sith came and set everything back in motion, and these droids here were the test run. Re-purposed to run the factory without having to place actual Sith on the job or having to bring in outside contractors to compromise the place's secrecy." Kaz caught himself wanting to fold his arms into the opposite sleeves of a robe he no longer had and distracted himself looking passed the immediate dog and pony show, beyond the droids kneeling before them.

Until he heard the term 'white knight' that was. "Don't go getting racist on us Geethree, things have been going so well thus far. You say the 'green pirate queen' is no more, which is a fairly recent event. How do you know about that? And who did it?" If it was answering questions then those were good questions to have answered as far as Kaz was concerned. There was always a chance they could get a solid line on where the battle droids and weapons the factory had been churning out were going.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:12 am

Rolling his eyes at the comment about his hair, Cade hissed, "Shut up," as he kept his eyes on the battle droids - especially the HK models, "I've read about those things - yeah, shocking. I know... but droids like those are supposed to be psycho..." when Halcyon began to make sense of all this jibberish, Cade said, "Okay, so the psycho droids and all these other types were prototypes... and this GE3 droid was the guy they woke up first to make the whole place work..."

Filing all this junk away for later (and glad R2 was recording the whole mess) Cade said, "Look, the Sith not getting their hands dirty makes sense - from what Master K'Kruhk said about the few details they've found on the One Sith they've got two standing orders - stay out of site, and make life as difficult as possible for the rest of us... but what I want to know is if the Sith DIDN'T build this place - what did?!" staring at Halcyon for a second - and realizing the droid hadn't really explained - Cade said, "Yo, skinny, where'd this place come from? Yeah you - glow-eyes... who built this?"

"It was not built, I was not built - these droids that stand around you, they were built. I was grown... this facility, was grown," an annoyed look on his face, Cade said, "Grown... okay, like... corn?" staring at Cade for a second, the droid looked to Halcyon and said, "He is rather simple, isn't he?" rolling his eyes, Cade said, "Look, skinny, the manufacturers - WHO built this place!" tilting it's head to one side, the droid said, "This facility is the child of the infinite empire - birthed from a machine that fed upon a great star. The child that was birthed was used by the grey warrior to create a great war machine to challenge a lost empire, and then left it hidden when he left this galaxy,"

His arms crossed, Cade asked, "And this place is the child?" the droid - sounding irritated - replied, "Negative, this is the storehouse - this is where the child was taken to keep it safe should the grey warrior ever return. The child was taken - long ago... the records on what, on who, took the child are lost from decay - but this place was built by the caretakers to protect and defend the child. When the child was lost, the storehouse - this foundry - remained. It is only a pale imitation of the Great Foundry space-station made by the warrior, and only a whisper of the great star-feeder, but it withstood the assault of the plant-warriors-"

Holding up his hands, Cade said, "Wait... plant-warriors... you mean Vong?" the droid shrugged, "We never knew what they were - for many years the storehouse remained hidden. Thousands of years... even the Hutts never cared what went on this deep in the planet. When the plant-warriors attacked the upper-city, and the roots started to descend, this place alone remained clean because of the defenses... but much of our memory was corrupted, as the roots grew AROUND us. When they left, and the city was rebuilt, the storehouse began to rebuild - in an attempt to repair what was damaged. This is only an echo of what was done when the child was among us, but the instinct for self-preservation remains... and they say the machines that work here attract the dark one's instinctively, so it came as little surprise when the dark one's discovered us... and when they positioned the green pirate queen to guide us and control our production, we thought that was to be our goal,"

When Halcyon told the droid not to be racist, the droid tilted it's head to one side and said, "I meant no slur, white jedi. As I am the last product of the child within these walls, I understand the energy that binds our galaxy... you burn brightly with a white light, where-as the grey-warrior burns conflictingly... much like the grey warrior that came before and first brought the child of the star-feeder," listening as Halcyon asked how the droid knew about the death of the pirate queen, the droid explained, "Our memory banks were damaged - we no longer contain extensive information of the species that we once held, much that we held is now lost. But we know much that goes on within Nar Shaddaa - the grey warrior meant this place as a guardhouse, a place to hide treasures he deemed too dangerous to give to the white warriors or the dark killers as they would only destroy themselves,"

Tilting it's head to one side, the droid sighed, "The green pirate queen has taken many of our products off-world, from what we know she does not sell them from here - she gathers them in small numbers off-planet and sells them there. With the galaxy as unstable as it is now, there are many backwater worlds unable to properly defend themselves... so mercenaries, pirates and - as she said - pocket despots want to make use of a pocket military... and barring Jedi, BX battle droids and HK droids are worth at least two or three average troopers," the droid shrugged again, "As for who killed her, that was a dark warrior. According to what he said, his masters couldn't care less what the green pirate queen was doing with the armies - but she was endangering the production of the synthi-prhik and the production of the infiltration-units,"

Throughout all of this, Cade had remained quiet - but he had heard of prhik... and infiltration-units sounded bad, "Okay... wait, I understood maybe one or two of those words... but that bit about synthi-prhik... and what infiltration units?" the droid sighed, "It would be much easier to explain, if you would allow me to show you the foundry-section of the storehouse. There you would see our machines producing various governmental droids from various worlds," scoffing, Cade said, "You're making droids for other worlds... why?" sounding irritated again, the droid stamped a skinny foot and said, "The droids are not being built FOR other worlds! They're being built with Sith-specific commands! They're supposed to be REPLACING the droids ON other worlds!"
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:27 am

Shut up "Unlikely," Kaz rejoined, then quietly listened to the rest. The HK models were supposed to be psycho? He'd never been a fan of droids to begin with, there was something unnatural about the things, so finding out that a group of battle droids were just a non-aggression routine short of being mass murderers didn't really shock him. 3PO units were only two such routines short of the same thing. The young Corellian listened to it all go on around him for the moment and nodding when Cade seemed to absorb the rewording with understanding.

It all seemed pretty straight forward to Kaz. The Rakata had built the place, or at least they had built the 'machine that fed upon a great star' which in turn had created the factory. Some grand piece was missing from the whole whole hollabaloo but for the most part the factory was still functional. "He's not a fan of academics or intellectual effort, the galaxy thought it would be funny to bless him with an excess of power." Kaz responded smoothly and casually to the droid's query about Cade.

The 'child' was something of interest but lost apparently. However, there was a bright side. The discussion had revealed that there were, in fact, records remaining even if they weren't all remaining. A question including the Vong briefly took his attention of his immediate thoughts, bringing him back into the moment long enough to find out it wasn't a for certain thing even if it was very likely the droid was referencing the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of Hutt Space. It was the rest of the conversation that brought him right back to his original thoughts. "I don't need a tour to understand. They have been producing custom droids to replace governmental droids, to infiltrate those governments and spy or assassinate or something valuable to Sith."

Kaz turned to the droid, "It is imperative that we get access to what records you do have. Even damaged ones could be of immense use to our efforts. Security recordings, historical records, schematics of... everything!" He looked around briefly. "And pictures, but I can handle that myself."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:40 am

Listening to Kaz's explanation of Cade, the droid nodded, "He sounds much like the younger days of the grey warrior..." looking annoyed, Cade said, "Look who is this grey warrior anyway? Does he have a name?" the droid shrugged, "The records on the identity of the grey warrior are lost to time, he lead the assault on the machine that fed upon a great star, and took away the child. It was he who used the child to build the great foundry. It was he who left the child here to be taken care of by the caretakers. It was he who taught the caretakers to build. He who grew the storehouse around the child - around the infinite engine itself to protect it,"

Leaning against the doorframe, Cade muttered, "Gibberish..."

The droid shrugged at Kaz's sum-up of the custom government droids, "We never knew what the droids were meant for, only that they be lined with the synthi-phrik to make them as resistant as possible," chewing on the inside of his cheek, Cade glanced at Halcyon and said, "Give me that bag," grabbing the bag, Cade held it out in front of the droid, "This stuff... this powder, is this what was woven into the droids frame?" examining the powder, the protocol droid sighed, "This would have been so much more interesting if you had let me explain it to you subject by subject... yes, this bag contains the residue of the original sample of the synthi-phrik,"

Nodding, Cade handed the bag back to Kaz, "Forget records for a minute - tell me about this stuff, I've heard the word phrik before - it's like cortosis, Lightsaber proof. But when it's refined it goes the step further and becomes incredibly strong to just about ANY form of heat or pressure - my uncle had a piece of a mission case used by the Rebellion that had been LINED with phrik... and it survived a blast from the Death Star!" the droid tilted it's head to one side, "Well I haven ever heard of a death star... but synthi-phrik was a product of the builders - their droids were often built with the compound woven into their frames. The great prison world and it's keepers were all produced with phrik-lining," scratching his chin, Cade swallowed, "Might explain why somethin like this droid can last so long... is the stuff in your frame too?"

Shrugging, the protocol droid said, "Indeed. Phrik was notoriously hard to find and even more dangerous to refine because of the heat required to shape it - but the builders were capable of weaving a synthetic version. Not quite as strong - but strong enough to resist multiple blasts from turbo-laser cannons before buckling. Further shielding and channeling the shielding through the lining would make a target practically invulnerable," exhaling, Cade glanced at Kaz, "Well Master K'Kruhk said the Sith wanted to destabilize the rest of the galaxy... practically invulnerable assassin droids hiding in the governments of the galaxy... sounds pretty unstable to me,"

His com going off, Cade switched it on and said, "R2 I'm being educated down here, what is it?" listening to the droid as it spoke, Cade blinked - glanced at the droid and swallowed, "Okay... right, we're on our way up," turning the com unit off, Cade's hand went around to his belt and suddenly his Lightsaber was in his hand and pointed at the droid, "And WHEN were you going to tell us about the count-down?! This place is a few minutes away from the BIGGEST melt-down since this star system was formed!!"
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 pm

The droid made comment about Cade's similarity to the figure it knew as the grey warrior and that finally, predictably, got Cade's attention via annoyance at being spoken of in vague terms. It had only been a matter of time... Cade asked for the identity of the grey warrior and the Droid, also predictably, went into a long allegorical explanation that yet still failed to answer the question in a way that would work for Cade as proven by his response of 'Gibberish...' Kaz shook his head. "It's not what you were expecting for an answer, certainly, but it all translates to a very accurate assessment. You'd just have to know what he's talking about historically to get the answer you're asking for. He's saying you remind him of Revan." Kaz gave Cade a significant look. "Darth Revan. The whole 'grey' thing is an idealized misnomer."

With but a slightly benevolent look Kaz handed over the bag of metallic powder so Cade could wave it around at the droid. While that was going on Kaz couldn't help but feel something was building up in the Force... almost as if a great and nebulous danger was slowly and steadily approaching. Attempting to divine the source of that danger meant Kaz took back the satchel and placed it in his belt pouch absently. The droid had had a leisurely strolling tour in mind that clashed with the slowly building danger sense Kaz was searching in the Force. "Great prison world..." There was no point arguing over what questions were important, though Kaz felt like a great deal more could be getting done if they hadn't had to spoon feed Cade so much of the story.

"Think subjectively. Turbolasers have gotten stronger, conventional construction more advanced, and lightsabers more potent. More refined. In its day it was probably a miracle material, today it might not stand up to modern standards quite so well. I went through those..." Kaz glanced at the droid for a moment and changed his chosen words with the hope that Cade would catch on. "turrets quickly enough once we realized they were hardened." Cade had cut right through one of the produced droids, Kaz himself had slipped his blade into a half dozen seams in his own contest against the battledroids. The stuff wasn't that tough. Either that or somebody had made some poor design decisions regarding what parts were reinforced and to what extent.

Something came in under the com, Kaz had never shown any interest in droid speak and thus it was just noise to him if he wasn't using his datapad to translate. When Cade pulled his lightsaber and pointed it at the droid, Kaz merely raised an eyebrow and scanned the other droids with his eyes to make sure no hidden weapons were being produced. No, he wasn't alarmed until Cade asked his questions. "No!" That was panic worthy. "Disregard his question. This facilities data files, where is the closest location I can access the greatest amount of historical and informational data!?" Kaz asked as he stepped forward and activated his bracer mounted datapad, looking beyond the droids for anything that would answer his question for him but nothing stuck out as a data access station immediately. "Answer me, now."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:01 am

Blinking at the mention of Darth Revan, Cade scratched his head, "Now THAT is a name I remember... my father mentioned him a few times - when he was lecturing me about workin with my powers instead of learning to control them. He said that in some ways the guy was worse than Anakin Skywalker. He said Anakin had personality flaws that kept him from truly achieving the kind of damage that Revan did to the Republic AND the Sith..." looking around the factory, and thinking of all the people who'd died for this place, Cade scowled, "Looking at all these droids and this place... I'm beginnin to think he might have been right,"

The idea of a force-user with that kind of power - and none of Anakin's weaknesses - did indeed remind Cade of himself... but Cade didn't WANT power. He didn't want knowledge. He didn't want fleets or battles or gods and demons... he didn't even REALLY want to be involved with the peace-keeping that the Galactic Alliance and the Jedi were working for... he wanted peace, yes... but personal peace - and while his nightmares and visions of his ancestors such as Luke and Vader had stopped upon Krayt's death... recently, they'd begun to return... only in his sleep, of course... at least for now.

That was what had renewed his interests in the galaxy at large... THAT was what had brought him out of the retirement, not calls from the council about the training he never finished. Or favors he owed or was owed by the Triumvirate. Nightmares... nightmares that were bad enough to break the promises he'd made to Deliah and his aunt... though he still hadn't COMPLETELY admitted it to either of them.

Nodding at Kaz's comments about the synthi-prhik, the droid said, "That is much like what the Dark Warriors said. My previous frame was heavily... damaged when the dark warrior was displeased upon discovering that our miracle ore was - as he claimed - no more than a less expensive alternative to a cortosis-weave," the droid looked annoyed, "It was not my failing, White Knight. The warrior would not provide scanning of modern technology - modern weaponry. The warrior simply took the specifications of the synthi-phrik and told us to create the small run of droids and obey commands from the pirate queen," scowling, Cade said, "So... assassins with moderately resistive armor... still bad, if you ask me," slowly his scowl turned into a grin as he said, "Wait... heh... oh that's good... no... if that stuff is only made here - by this place - can't we use it to find the droid killers? Or at least give the GA something to LOOK for?"

Squealing in alarm as the lightsaber was pointed at it, the droid waved it's spindly arms, "Oh my goodness! NO NO NO! I- you will be safe here! Goodness!" it's photoreceptors turning to Kaz as he gave it orders, the droid squeaked, "This storehouse survived the attack of the great plant invaders - an explosion is nothing compared to the reinforcements and the technology of the builders. We will simply be buried again... a new tunnel made to the surface, a new entry-point that the dark warrior will find when he needs the services of the storehouse again," before Cade could speak, the droid spun it's head around and presented Kaz with an input jack, "Before the departure of the dark warrior, what data we had was heavily scrambled, encrypted and then separated. I will upload what I can... but without an interface such as I, the odds are greatly decreased on the potential of decoding the information,"

Looking back at the lift, Cade spoke into his com-unit, "R2 how'd you find that count-down?" listening to the bleep-blop reply, Cade smirked, "Thought so..." turning the com unit off, Cade said, "He didn't find it, the computer updated him on a timer. The Sith WANT'S us to run, doesn't want us to be inside this place when it's buried - because if we know how to get out, we know how to get in..." glancing around as the whole area shook, Cade scowled, "That is if this place DOES survive... I ain't up for bein buried in some old alien shed. We need to get out of here, now,"
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Did it surprise Kaz in the slightest that of all the names that had been listed from the galaxy's past, Cade Skywalker recalled the historical figure who was powerful, uncontrolled, and had proceeded to make a mess of the galaxy so terrible that even Reven had had trouble cleaning it up? Not in the slightest. In fact, it fit right in with the rest of Cade's behaviors and viewpoints thus far. Perfectly. It just reinforced the mental note he'd made earlier. "Of course you do," Kaz tossed off as he hurried to jack his wrist mounted datapad into the droids back. "I'll try to pull down the information on the droids as well, we can disperse it and their threat will be ended quickly."

Kaz pulled a line from the end of his datapad, plugging it in where presented. He then reached into a belt pouch and pulled a small magnetic device. "Cade, telekinetic this to the ceiling or high on a wall, somewhere with lots of open space around it. I can't." The Corellian tossed the little device to the Fallen Jedi and continued to load data as quickly as he could, erasing other programs to make even more space for the incoming data. He could get it all back when he reached an Antarian Ranger vessel, Ossus, Corellia, Coruscant, or even Serenno. For the moment it was all the data he could store that was important. He pulled the storage chip out and replaced it with a blank one when the first had filled. "Don't worry, sparky. We'll be back before you know it. While we're away why don't you work on fixing that data, and getting me a good clean picture of the dark person's face if they turn up before we do?"

The download reached his datapad's limits, expanded even as they were, quickly and he had to break off. Kaz turned to Cade. "Now it is time to go."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Cade Skywalker » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:24 am

Looking over Kaz's shoulder as the data was uploaded, Cade snorted, "Oh that's gonna go great... look at that gibberish! How are you going to pull information on droid designs when we can't even read the help screen or-" when the Jedi cut him short and told him to put the magnetic device somewhere safe, Cade raised an eyebrow, "Don't really see how a tracker is gonna work... we already KNOW where this place is - buried WAY down about twenty miles south of the planet's core... and SHIELDED as well! How is-" catching the little device as the Jedi tossed it, Cade muttered to himself, "Right, shut up and do what I tell ya... and they wonder why I quit my trainin..." lifting the device effortlessly, Cade set it in the rafters above one of the droid production belts in the middle of the room.

Glancing at the Jedi as he said it was time to go, Cade clapped his hands together, "Oh really? We can? How wonderful!" running towards the lift as the room began shaking again, Cade said, "Half surprised you don't wanna stay down here and just hope you can find yer way out..." Cade muttered as the lift ascended.

Stepping out of the lift, Cade caught sight of R2 rolling towards them and let out a shout when the whole building shook and cracks began to appear in the walls from the tectonic activity, "Jeeze those Sith don't cut corners - this place is gonna fall in on top of itself!" catching up with R2, Cade nodded when the droid said he'd gotten the speeder to come back for them, "Not bad for a tin can," he said with a grin as they headed out to the landing pad, "Never thought I'd be so glad to see the color pink ag-" stopping mid sentence as he caught sight of the slaves from earlier, Cade's hands dropped to his side, "No..."

Approaching the slaves - or what was left of them - Cade swore, "Stang it! He was here!" pointing where the shuttle the slaves had been loading had been siting, Cade muttered, "He was sitting right HERE the whole stangin TIME!" as the landing pad shook and the smell of smoke began to fill the air, Cade looked down at the severed remnants of the slaves one last time before running for the pink speeder, "Hope Deliah fixed those jets of yours buddy," Cade said as he hooked a tow-cable onto R2, "There ain't no room inside the speeder for ya, and if you can't hover this is gonna be one short trip," grinning as R2 bleeped reassuringly, Cade hopped into the speeder and took the control, "Now lets see what this thing can do,"
Were there monkeys?
Cade Skywalker

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 pm

"It isn't your effort to undertake, it won't be your failure to live with. We had nothing, now we have gibberish. Even a unsteady step toward the goal is a step toward the goal. Besides," Kaz grinned brightly at the Fallen Jedi, despite the other man's nay saying and pessimism. It was easy to criticize from a place of ignorance and he wasn't the type to take offense at such things. He'd been fighting that battle too long to take it personally when he got such better results from playing his favorite illusion instead. "Just because that droid thinks something is impossible doesn't mean the thousands of years of computer technology and advancement will feel the same way."

Kaz spoke as they moved, his own strides long and easy from a studied practice of the 'art' of running properly. He was a fair athlete but wisdom was planning for the worse case scenario and he wasn't designed to cross broad distances with the ease of other Jedi. "That's not a standard electronic tracking device, it's something I picked up from a Shistavanen bounty hunter a decade or so ago. He was on his last legs, career-wise, and a long chat netted me one of the greatest lines of wisdom I've eve heard. Sometimes knowing where you're going isn't as important as figuring out the proper way to get there. Shistavanen trackers are renown for that element of their chosen professions."

"Stay down here? Are you made?!" Kaz asked in mock horror, turning it into Cade's sole suggestion. "Neither of us are equipped or provisioned for an indefinite stay, we have no digging or climbing equipment, and no way of knowing when the Sith would be returning if at all. Much preferable to be the hunter than the prey attempting to put off the inevitable." The turbolift ride was rather pleasant, Kaz shutting down his datapad entirely and making sure all of his gear was in place. Despite a couple of curve balls Kaz had everything he needed to move forward on three different paths of investigation. All told, it wasn't a bad day and anything more would merely be icing. Or so he'd thought. Coming off the lift and following the other two toward escape.

Kaz had to retreat within himself, draw in his Force perceptions, and shut out his feelings until he could make a later effort to bring them under a firm control again. They could rage away beyond him until then. "That is a curious ability this mysterious opponent of ours is espousing. I'm not a fan of mysteries." He should have told them to run when he'd had the chance. He should have investigated that shuttle before they'd gone inside. It wasn't the ability to hide ones self that bothered Kaz, it was this being's ability to hide their actions in the doing, the ability to slay others without it echoing through the Force, that was proving a problem. He stepped into the speeder and pulled his robes around himself. "I can search my memory with a quiet moment and put out an APB on the missing shuttle."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PreviousNext

Return to M4 139ABY