Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

The Smugglers Moon

Situated on the border between the Mid Rim and Outer Rim Territories, Hutt Space is named after the Hutt species, who dominate the region. The Hutt homeworld is Nal Hutta, also known simply as Hutta.

The Smugglers Moon

PostAuthor: Arley Voegeli » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:47 am

M6D23 139 ABY

Home again, though he was just he a few months ago, he bought his mothers apartment with his savings and he wanted to go there to meditate....Even though it harbored some feelings of sorrow for him, it was something he couldn't explain. He decided to leave his ship and walk to the apartment, it was a walk that he had done only a few times before, but he felt like he had done it many times. The Cartels where looking for him, not Durvo, Arley persuaded him to allow him to leave, though it wasn't like he could have stopped him. The Lightsaber was enough to intimidate even some of the more....unsavory people, even the capable ones. Except for bounty hunters, they were a different bunch, and there were a few who had it out for him. He'd had a few skirmishes and he ended up stealing what they had half of the time. The other Cartel members seemed to be resourceful enough to find out who he was. He knew that coming back wouldn't bode well for him, he would have to fight some of them off, he could feel it, through the Force.

He was walking and he could sense the presence of more than one person, they had come for him, that he knew. There was nobody else around him and he just felt this presence. He had his Lightsaber in hand; once he walked into a clearing he saw them, there were four of them standing in a line, all in armor with blaster rifles. Arley smirked, though was going to be easy, they didn't look like they were the best the Cartel had to offer. He ignited his Lightsaber, the orange blade glowing dimly in the city street. He stood with his saber pointing to the floor, standing straight. "It would seem that we find ourselves in a predicament, are you sure you want this?" he said to them, they looked at each other and scoffed. He still stood ready, waiting on them to act before him, he saw they were nervous, this was good maybe they would just leave him alone, he was sure that the bounty was quite high so they wouldn't just leave.

Finally one decided to act, he shot a burst at Arley. He deflected it away with ease, this was going to be a bad day for these men. He leaped high in to the air and came down with a force push to scatter the men. When he landed he threw his lightsaber at one of the men severing his head, he quickly turned to find bolts flying toward him, his lightsaber returned to his hand and he defected some and they hit the metal on the street, burning it with black scorch marks. The others whizzed by him, he didn't pay any mind to it, he started at the other men who nervous looking at their dead friends. "I will give you a chance to drop your weapons now and leave, if you do not leave now," he told them, luckily they obliged and scuttled away. He continued on his way, putting away his Lightsaber.

Arley Voegeli
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

Re: The Smugglers Moon

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:26 am

As per usual, Kaziki Halcyon had hibernated his way through the flight from the Corroded Serpent aboard the J-1 shuttle. All the way down to the surface of Nar Shaddaa. It was a miserable world. Or rather, moon. The atmosphere was polluted, the buildings were dirty, and half the people looked shell-shocked. Of course, there was a small chance that Kaz had played a part in all three, considering the large crater the Hutts were claiming he'd created not far from where they were landing. It had not been his fault, naturally, but rather a Sith cover up of a ancient droid factory they had been using.

The only problem? Kaz wasn't allowed to tell the Hutts that, which was only a problem because the High Council had issued an order for him to go answer to the Hutts on the matter.

It was bad mojo all around. The Hutts couldn't even begin to hold their own court over the matter without being laughed at by the vast majority of the galaxy. If they made to blatant an attempt to simply kill him to save face they would be essentially sending a written invitation to the Jedi Order to make their lives a living hell, considering what pretty much all of them did for a living. So it was really just an ill-thought-out show of power that was going to end in a fizzle. Still, he had to go and there was always the chance that somebody would do something stupid.

Kaz roused himself from his thoughts as his walk toward the inauspicious meeting was interrupted by the sounds of blasters and a lightsaber ahead. Somebody had bitten off more than they could chew and Kaz found himself idly curious as to which side it was. He continued at the same pace until he came around the corner in time to see an orange blade vanishing back into a lightsaber hilt. The young Corellian looked about, found a dismembered body and a couple of thugs making a hard run for it. He sighed to himself and laid his attention heavy in the Force on the other guy. One didn't use the Force unless one was a sensitive, he'd realize he'd been noticed any moment.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Arley Voegeli » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:15 pm

Arley had almost made it out of the alley way to one of the more used streets on the Smugglers Moon when he felt another Force sensitive, this one, he knew was strong, he could feel it. Either a Jedi or Sith, he couldn't be too sure with the cloaking powers some used. It was a way for Force users to hide their alignment and he couldn't tell if this person was friendly or not. He didn't sense the Dark Side in this being, but you could never be sure, it had become popular practice for Sith to hide themselves in the Purge against Jedi to mask their presence. If it was someone else hunting him he wanted to be cautious, but he didn't want to be overly aggressive, it may actually be a Jedi who happens to be here in Nar Shaddaa, but he couldn't be too careful.

He turned to the presence he felt and walked to...him, he saw a man, in green robes and jet black hair. He looked at the man calmly, he studied him a moment and used the Force to grab his Lightsaber off of his belt, igniting it, the bright orange blade crackled to life. "I really hope that you aren't here to attack me, my friend." He said eyeing the dead and dismembered bodies next to them, he wasn't trying to intimidate the man, he just wanted him to think twice if he was going to attack him. "I apologize in advance if you are just a bystander, I have reason to be defensive, I hope you understand," Arley said confidently and with the smile he usually gave people. He was ready to fight, if need be, but he really didn't want another one, he'd killed enough people today.

Arley Voegeli
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Kaz raised a lone eyebrow as he sensed the chaotic swirl of thoughts in the other Force user. Too many concerns, all as important as the next in the other man. It had to make it hard to figure out what he was about in the galaxy. Unusual. "If you believe me your friend, why wonder if I intend to attack you? The natural answer would be no. If I'm here to attack you, perhaps 'friend' wasn't the appropriate pejorative...hm?" He tilted his head as he looked the man's stance over before shaking his head minutely. "Slapdash, mass focused I'm betting." And that was his full measure if interest in the matter.

He then glanced around their surroundings. "I was wondering who was making so many ripples in the Force on a planet known for its stark absence of Force users. Particularly those willing to use them in such open fashion. I was going to assume you're a Jedi but your behavior is a bit fearful. Perhaps former Jedi? We have a few of those still haunting the galaxy." There was also the chance that someone only barely passable as a Jedi had been permitted through the trials just to get boots on the ground but the guy just didn't seem right for the silhouette that people usually had for Jedi (and for good reason).

"I'm Lord Kaziki Halcyon, Jedi Knight and Earl of Horn Bay on Corellia. In that order."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Arley Voegeli » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:04 am

Arley observed the other force user, and smiled at him. "I suppose it was", 'my friend' probably wasn't the best way to greet the man, though it really didn't matter. He turned his lightsaber off and put it back on his belt, and walked closer to the man. He told him he was wondering who was making the ripples in the Force, and who was so willing to use it in the open. He thought about that for a second...He never really hid the fact he was a Force user, he did at the beginning of the Purge and had a few scuffles with some Jedi hunters, but he generally disposed of them. like the man said he couldn't really call himself a Jedi, he was just so used to having to kill or be killed. His master would be very disappointed at some of the things he had done.

"This is my home, well, I was born here anyway," he spoke. "I was a Jedi, a Knight, though I haven't been in contact with the Order for a while. I have been wanted in this system for years....By some not so nice characters. What do you mean haunting?" He chuckled a little as he spoke.

"Pleasure to meet you Kaziki, I am Arley Voegeli," he introduced himself, with a slight bow, he didn't bother with the titles, it didn't seem to matter much, at least not to him.

Arley Voegeli
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:19 am

Kaz was perfectly still and calm as the other approached, seemingly idle in his physical indifference to the amount of space between them. No threat perceived on the part of the Corellian, apparently. Kaz glanced around the area when Arley told him that it was his home and looked almost as if he wanted to express sympathy over the fact, at least for a moment before he put his usual smile back in place. "You're wanted here, and I'm assuming you mean as in price on your head, then why return here at all? Do you have family? Pressing business?"

He shrugged at the question. "I've had the dubious honor of meeting a few who don't really wish to return to the Order, nor do they wish to use their training to any particular end otherwise. A trained Force user who neither helps nor hinders the galaxy is merely there, affecting nothing. Like a ghost. Thus, haunting." As his grand father had been known to say, shit or get out of the 'fresher. Having the Force as an ally, or tool depending on how one viewed it, was a blank check to affect the galaxy. The measure of a user was in how they chose to do so.

Kaz pushed back the left sleeve of his robe to reveal the bracer mounted datapad he had there, typing onto it for a moment with his right hand in such a way that suggested he was quite experienced in the practice. He didn't wait to see what the response from the device was, merely dropping his arms to his sides again while it worked on whatever he'd input.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

Return to Hutt Space