Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

The Voyager (TAG: Jax/Hettir)

The Hutt homeworld.

The Voyager (TAG: Jax/Hettir)

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 pm

M4D29 139ABY

Nal Hutta wasn't her favourite place, but it had been as good a place as any to get the Imperial ship to drop her off. The less time she had to spend in the company of those prissy assholes (one particular person excepted), the better. She had had more than enough of their "holier than thou" attitude, and, by and large, being treated as nothing more than a common thief by most of the crew. Okay, so maybe they were right about that, but, at least lately, she had been attempting to vaguely operate on the right side of the law.

Auren had been on Nal Hutta for the better part of a day when she had managed to secure passage on a light freighter bound for the Hapes Cluster. It was a rather meagre rate of pay, but she would be fed well in return for providing security on the relatively short journey.

However, she had been prevented from boarding. One of her contacts had reliably informed her that they had someone who would be interested in employing her for a much larger and more important job. Initially, she had waved him away; after all, a trip to the Hapes Cluster was going to be necessary soon - the credits from the Imperial job made her feel just a little unsafe, and it was high time that she got her not inconsiderable finances in order if she was going to finally buy a ship of her own.

Well, she refused until she heard a little more about what the job entailed. So here she was, waiting in a quiet but reputable bar, for two Mandalorians, who had better not be wasting her time, otherwise they'd be leaving Nal Hutta without some rather important pieces of anatomy.
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Faction: Unknown

Re: The Voyager (TAG: Jax/Hettir)

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:36 am

There was no simple way to do it, not on Nal Hutta. Nar Shaddaa and a few of the seedier planets like Tattooine would have been worse, but even in the nicer neighborhoods of Nal Hutta a Mandalorian was a very real and immediate reason to be concerned for ones own situation. So it was that Jax and Hettir worked there way from the starport to the bar they'd been informed was the meeting point mostly in an enclosed speeder (one of the models touted as big enough for a Wookiee but refined enough for a Chiss) before walking the last block. Coming through the door was never quiet or dull moment either.

As in stepped the biggest Mandalorian the joint had ever seen, many a spacer suddenly took stock of their recent behaviors in an attempt to judge whether or not each had a bounty worth attracting one of the armored hunters. The result was that a hush suddenly fell over the place, leaving only the ambient music that nobody ever listened to floating through the air as the domed helmet turned slowly to sweep the wearer's line of sight across every face in the room.

Jax didn't really care about any bounties, his HUD only bounced back a provincial bounty on a Rodian in the corner that wouldn't cover the fuel to get him there, but his facial recognition did bounce back a 23% match on the back of a woman's head. That was the one he was looking for. The heavily armored figure that he cut stepped down from the entry and started walking across the room, people at the tables he passed instinctively leaning away from his presence, until he was standing directly behind her. "Auren Donos." His voice, through the speakers of his sealed suit, carried a grave weight.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Hettir Kyram » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:43 pm

A hushed greeting was what Hettir was expecting, and it was more or less what he got as the pair entered the bar. It wasn't that busy, and thus fairly quiet, but the weight the silence carried was pretty darn heavy. From what he could tell, there wasn't much here aside from quiet, cautious creatures.

He watched them shrink aside as Jax worked his way through to the back, and couldn't help but straighten his shoulders a bit more. Being Mandalorian came with a reputation that was quite convenient, now that the weapon smith thought about it. Need to get through a crowd? Not really that much of a problem, especially in places such as this. People usually tended to leave you to your business, deciding it was best not to interfere.

By now Jax had already approached the table, and Hettir found it high time to join him. Taking the path the larger Mando’ade had made, Hettir approached the table to the left of Jax just in time to hear his greeting.
Hettir Kyram

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Auren heard footsteps - well, felt them first, and a distinct still hush came across the bar. For her part, she didn't move, just continued quietly nursing her beer. She didn't want to risk drawing unnecessary attention to herself if she could avoid it: getting into trouble now was the last thing on her mind. Do her job, get to Hapes, offload her credits... then she could look at possibly doing something a little more risky again.

The footsteps halted right behind her, and, instantly, surreptitiously, the hand that had been casually seated in her lap immediately slid to the holster on her right hip, the one hidden by her long coat, and her fingers wrapped comfortably around her disruptor.

"Auren Donos."

Two words, two words spoken with authority and seriousness, and still she didn't turn. Maybe it was the Mandalorians she was supposed to meet, maybe not, but she wasn't about to play into their hands just yet. She took another slug of her beer, keeping her back firmly turned.

"Never heard of her."
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 pm

She stayed still, like a mouse that had seen the shadow of a hawk. Right up until she heard him speak, that was when the mouse analogy fell apart due to her continued stillness, her arm shifting ever so slightly. Against somebody less well equipped it would have been a guessing game as to what she had in store for them. Against Jax, it was a matter of a twitch of his eyes to activate his helmet mounted SONAR scanner, for him to have a fair wire frame outline of the heavy blaster on her hip. His recognition database kicked in and Jax suddenly felt a bit abashed. It wasn't a hogleg, it was a disrupter she pawing.

That changed the battlefield considerably. He couldn't step away without getting burned down, he couldn't step aside without Hettir taking the punch, so that left just one reaction. If she went to pull that thing he was going to have to step forward and seize arm control. Probably break her shoulder, end that argument real quick, if it came to it. In the mean time, he kinda wanted to hire her if she was going to be coming to the rodeo ready to get into shootouts with Mandos. Anything else they encountered couldn't be anything but less scary to her. "Oh, then I guess my credits must be for somebody else then. I'll just ask around until I find her,"

Anybody with half a brain could ignore the credits situation but being a gun for hire who happened to have Mandalorians walking around asking after you was bad for business. No captain wanted a shooter on their ship that was wanted by the big bads themselves.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Hettir Kyram » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Hettir flicked his eyes from Jax to Auren, not being able to help the fact that he found this whole stubborn battle of 'who's going to give in first' amusing. Unfortunately however, it wasn't getting any of them anywhere. With her back firmly set to them, she drank.
Never heard of her? Hah. Facial recognition tends to say otherwise.

She slid her hand to her hip, evidently reaching for some kind of weapon that didn't take long to identify as a disruptor. His thoughts instantly went back to the colonies and the blobs they had found there. Funny, it seemed as if disruptors were becoming a common occurrence throughout their trip. Maintaining his composure, Hettir hooked his thumbs on his belt; being turned into goop wasn't too entirely appetizing.

Jax's comment woke him from his thoughts, but the smaller warrior made no attempt to move.
"Shame that."
Hettir Kyram

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:15 pm

So these guys were actually capable of playing it cool, and not just dragging her off, like so many Mandos would do. That made a change. There were a few reasons that Auren usually chose not to deal with the Mandalorians, and their lack of subtlety was definitely a factor. She smirked as her fingers rested on the butt of the disruptor pistol, going no further, but letting it sit there as a warning. They had no idea how fast a draw she could be, so doubted they would risk anything, especially if they had done their due diligence and knew much at all about her.

"Couldn't you have left the armour at home, fellas," she drawled, finally turning to face them, her face a studied mask of nonchalance. "Beskar'gam is so passé‎ these days." She jerked her head sharply at the seats opposite her, wondering whether or not there was enough room for both of these man mountains.

Tough druk if there wasn't.

"Grab a seat, boys, and take your helmets off," Auren said breezily. "I always like to look a guy in the eyes while I work out whether to blow off his balls or consider his offer." She smiled sweetly, leaning back against the booth, resting her arm along the back of the seat as she crossed her legs. "Auren Donos, at your service. Now, what particularly nasty piece of business has brought me to your attention?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Could they have left the armor at home? "No," he answered question simply and instantly upon the asking, rather than wonder if it was rhetorical or not. Then came a smirking critique on the pop presence of their armor. "We don't do it for the fashion statement." One couldn't be Mandalorian without Mandalorian armor, simple as that aside from the fact that Beskar'gam had one of the highest survival rates for wearers in the known galaxy. Jax gestured to Hettir for the man to take the seat, switching to Mando'a and speaking only over their private comlink. "If she goes for that gun pin her to the seat with the table."

Jax tilted his head, the first outward sign of any humanoid reaction thus far in the conversation from the towering being. "I suppose I should welcome you to our galaxy. Here, things are such that one doesn't dictate to, or threaten, Mandalorians if one is wise. If you want to try jerking that disruptor free from a sitting position and line up a shot before one or the other of us kills you, feel free. Or you could listen to the job offer and thank your lucky stars we're just another couple of guys who aren't moved to answer that Jedi bounty for information on your whereabouts." His hand hung loosely beside the grip to his own low slung blaster pistol, an old but heavily modified heavy Bryar model.
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Auren Donos » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:46 am

((OOC: Skipping Hettir as there has been no post in almost 2 weeks))

Well, the two Mandalorians were precisely what she would have expected. Miserable bastards, both, and neither with the appreciation of the fact that a woman needed to be ready to defend herself, no matter what the situation. Ah well, they were prepared to pay her - allegedly, anyway - and, as such, there was no harm in seeing just what they had to say to her. You never knew when something could turn into a huge advantage, and the possibility of having a couple of Mandos in her debt was appealing, to say the least.

Probably more appealing, even, than having Antares Draco in her debt.

"Okay, boys, loosen up," she grinned, not at all fazed by their overbearing presence. It wouldn't be the first time that she had worked for Mandos, and it sure wouldn't be the last. She raised an eyebrow on the Mandalorian's attempt to teach her some "manners", or so it would appear, and Auren tucked her hands behind her head, relaxing even more deeply into her seat. "Look, if I was gonna shoot you, neither of you would be sat there opposite me right now. I don't carry a disruptor for appearances, you know. A good friend of mine told me never to carry a weapon you're not prepared to use." She was deadly serious, too. She was an incredible shot, and she knew it - after all, it was the reason that she was usually sought after for a job, over and above any number of other spacers.

"And if you were going to toss me in for the piss-poor bounty on my head, you'd have done it by now," she stated, matter-of-factly, shrugging. Auren knew full well that this was just a game of semantics, a verbal pissing contest to try to get the upper hand, rather than to play on a level pitch. "So why don't we cut the crap - all of us - an' get down to business. Why are you fellas wantin' to employ me?"
Auren Donos
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Jax Xefern » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:42 pm

"I am relaxed. In fact, this is my happy face." The reflective dome bubble of his ballistic command helmet perfectly displayed the skull design he'd applied to it. On the rare occasion he actually focused beyond the HUD through the visor, he was looking right through the eye holes on the skull. Happy face indeed. Whether he was smiling or not was anyone's guess since the speaker washed out anything but the words. "Nope, we sure wouldn't." They'd be picking over her smoking corpse for anything of value before turning her disposition over to that bounty entry.

Since the bounty was merely for her whereabouts as of the time of transmission, it was perfectly possible that Jax would turn it in anyway. The Jedi weren't offering much but they weren't asking much either. It would get him a really nice, expensive meal but that would be about it. Still, good food was good food. "We are after something that hunted down a healthy, armed Jedi Knight and killed him by tracking the ship we are guessing it came from. Figuring a lot of fire power is nothing to sneeze at but I only got my own resources to afford the extra triggers."
Jax Xefern
Unaligned Systems
Unaligned Systems

Next

Return to Nal Hutta