Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Hello I'm new

Introduce yourself here, say hi - we don't bite!

Hello I'm new

PostAuthor: Aiden Cassius Cato » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Hello, I'm Adien Cassius Cato. I don't know why I felt the need to put his middle name...

Anyway, I'm new to a site wide rp and have many questions. Can anyone tell me what is expected of me? I'm not well researched in the EU besides the Knights of the Old Republic games and the Star Wars the Old Republic MMO but through Youtube videos. I had to look up many of the subjects your crawl spoke of. So I'm sorry if that places a slight inability on my writing before I get used to it all.

A little about me.

I'm 19, Male, a longtime fan of Star Wars and roleplaying. Although this would be my first time Rping Star Wars seriously. so I may be a little rusty. As for my RP ability well, the most I've ever written is 11 pages if that tells you anything. I'm excited to get started and I'm sorry if I drown anyone with my questions.
Aiden Cassius Cato

Faction: Jedi

Re: Hello I'm new

PostAuthor: Living Force » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:22 am

Hi, and welcome!

Well, the best way to work out what's expected of you is to read the documentation, have a look at the RP threads, post an app and then, once it's approved, jump right in! With regards to required knowledge, everything you NEED to know is on this board. Anything else you WANT to know is up to you.

Usually, our first suggestion would be to decide which type of character you want, and build it from there. Unifying Force is the Lore Lord and Star Wars expert around these parts, and I'm the techie, so between us, we can pretty much answer any questions you might have.
Living Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:23 am

I agree with Living's assessment. We built this board around the concept of making it accessible to people who don't necessarily have much knowledge of Star Wars itself. We have set our time of play after all the currently recorded canon so that canon can remain intact. The Video Games have been declared their own canon, separate from Legends (EU and original trilogy) and Movie (both trilogies, all tv series, and any future movies) canon so in the end this is where Star Wars open source gaming is going to have to go, because the Galaxy Far Away just got extremely complicated.

That said, we are not complicated. The recent history is pretty straight forward and your character only needs to know that ten of the last eleven years have been spent in war and now the galaxy is putting itself back together as best it can. All questions spout from there and we will be happy to answer them as you come up with them.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Aiden Cassius Cato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:49 am

How active is this site? It doesn't seem to be bustling with activity.
Aiden Cassius Cato

PostAuthor: Living Force » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:34 pm

It's as active as you make it. :)
Living Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unknown

PostAuthor: Aiden Cassius Cato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:30 pm

No I mean like how many members does this site have? And does my face claim have to be someone famous?
Aiden Cassius Cato

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Right now, due to a long silence from our third person, it appears that only I and Living are active. We advertise, we are friendly, we work to get people going, and so on but we aren't going to be stopping anytime soon so it's as active as the people who join. If you post, we post, but you are correct, there aren't many people on the board currently. We've got four active characters plus the short list of NPC's I run upon request or need.

Your face claim can be a celebrity (of even small fame), art (I use Superboy and a video game character for my faces), or the like. We'd prefer you not use private citizens (people who don't do pictures for a living, such as a friend from facebook or some random family picture from a google search) but even small time models are fine as long as they list themselves as such.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Aiden Cassius Cato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Hm, That complicates things slightly. The picture I use for the character of this name is just a person I saw when I looked up the features I required for him. So that is unacceptable I take it?
Aiden Cassius Cato

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Where did you look them up?
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Aiden Cassius Cato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Where did I find the pic? Google, I think. I've had it saved on my hard drive for so long I can't remember where it's from originally.
Aiden Cassius Cato

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon