Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

Family Matters TAG: Kaz, Jambe, Pokere

Home planet of the Togruta, in the Ehosiq Sector.

Family Matters TAG: Kaz, Jambe, Pokere

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:40 pm

M6D13 139ABY

Corvala.

Capital of Shili, a bustling metropolis, obsessively modern and up to date, and a shining example of technological advances within the galaxy...

And Kura hated it.

Her family was one of the tribes that preferred inhabiting the grasslands, away from the cities, and, as such, even after the Corroded Serpent had landed in the capital city (the nearest place with suitable berthing for a ship of that size), there was still a lengthy journey to be had. Kura's family preferred the tranquillity and solitude that the grasslands provided, and they felt that they were more in touch with their roots, and what made them who they were, than the city dwellers.

Perhaps it was what made Kura's family - at least in the female line - so prevalent within the Jedi Order.

A few words in Togruti to the attendant who had berthed the ship, and Kura had arranged four speeder bikes to take out over the grasslands to her home. She had been in touch with her family on the journey, and they had arranged rooms for all of them in the village: Kura and Kaz in her family home, and the apprentices with one of her many, many cousins. Kura's mother had insisted that all four of them stay, but her father, being more practical, had pointed out that only two rooms were available. Kura had suggested that, perhaps, she and her apprentice took up rooms in her parents' house, but her mother would not hear of it. Kaz was a Knight, and therefore worthy of what she saw as a place of honour. Kura knew when not to argue with her mother, every bit as immutable and stubborn as she was herself.

"It is a two hour ride from here to my home," she explained, as she tested out the speeder bikes until she was satisfied. "My family have arranged accommodations for us when we arrive at my village, so please do not expect luxurious accommodations." In fact, even compared to the Corroded Serpent, her family's home was small and cramped. Yes, it may be large, due to her family's size, but the rooms were cosy, to say the least.
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

Re: Family Matters TAG: Kaz, Jambe, Pokere

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Corvala.

Capital of Shili, a bustling metropolis, obsessively modern and up to date, and a shining example of technological advances within the galaxy...

And Kaz loved it.

Of course, it didn't hurt that he could tell (through experience, not the Force) that Kura wasn't at all happy with the city. Despite having defended the direction in which her people's culture was apparently going. The societal gap between those who inhabited the cities and those who chose to live out in the rural plains was likely growing by the day and that sort of cultural rift eventually led to the 'interesting times' of proverb. For a laugh, Kaz would have to do some exploring of the urban landscape here but that would wait until later. Kura was anxious to get to her home, no doubt, and Kaz wasn't the type to deny her any longer than absolutely necessary.

So it was that Kaz spent the time that Kura was fussing with the speeder bikes, stretched out on a bench. On his back, his legs crossed at the ankles, and his robe wrapped around him while his arms were crossed behind his head. For all the world, and even in the Force, he appeared to be taking a perfectly serene nap while he waited for everything to come to fruition. He'd set Pokere to securing their luggage, his and his apprentice's, so that was all he had to do until Kura declared things ready.

"It doesn't have to be luxurious, dahling. A four star establishment will be perfectly sufficient." Kaz mock stated in the rarefied tone of the over priveledged, merely moving his upper most arm to give an entitled and dismissive wave to the thought. "A continental breakfast is just as good as room service. Just don't skimp on those little baby muffins... mmm, blueberry baby muffins..." He finally opened an eye and watched as his apprentice carefully secured a stasis box on the back of the bike assigned to her master. He otherwise remained impassive.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Pokere Nacht » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31 am

Pokere had been excited ever since they'd reached the Ehosiq sector, and that excitement had only grown as they'd grown closer and closer to the Shili system and it's main inhabited world of the same name. So once they were on the world, no matter that her master was almost comatose with calm, she was practically bouncing on her toes as the doors had opened and she'd gotten her first breath of foreign atmosphere. Oh, sure, she'd been born on Umbara but she hadn't stayed long enough to even kinda remember what it was like. She'd been brought to Ossus, raised, shifted to the hidden temple, and then brought back to Ossus. This was her first journey to a new world for all practical purposes and she was overjoyed.

Even when Knight Halcyon had dropped his duffel bag at her feet and pushed the stasis container into her arms, telling her to load up their bikes. Even when he then proceeded to find a spot to nap. Nothing, no one, could dampen her spirits. She'd happily thrown herself into the task, all the while watching Knight Nuhok work with the locals. Pokere proceeded to load up the bikes, hers went very quickly but she'd found herself struggling with a good way to secure the stasis container... until she found herself giggling at the refined affectation of her master to Knight Nuhok. "What are baby muffins?"
Pokere Nacht
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Jambe Lu » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:23 am

Jambe carried his duffel bag on his shoulders as he walked down the boarding ramp of the Corroded Serpent the comfortable temperatures reminded Jambe a little of Naboo. Shifting the strap on his shoulders he went to a speeder bike, and like his Master he took his time inspecting the bike to make sure it was to his liking. When his bag was secured to the bike Jambe inspected the surrounding area; it was up to date on technology which after all was a good thing but at the same time he was looking forward to being away from the luxuriousness that was offered on board the Corroded Serpent as well as many of the hotels that were available for rent in the area.

Jambe could feel how is Master felt about the advancement of technology here on her home world but she seemed to lighten up as she spoke of her family and the accommodations that have been prepped for them. Than he couldn't help but roll his eyes as Knight Halcyon spoke of a four star resort and room service. With his bag secured to the bike Jambe squatted on his haunches and started to do a more thorough inspection of the bike's engine. "I'm actually looking forward to being away from all the luxuries and technology offered here in the capital or on the Corroded Serpent" Jambe said as he turned and leaned against the bike.

Jambe watched as Pokere was packing Knight Halcyon and her own bike, he chuckled as she started to giggle at her master. Jambe walked over and started helping her secure the stasis container to the bike in a way that wouldn't effect the way the bike preformed or get in Pokere's way as she piloted the bike. Jambe couldn't help but smile as well as Knight Halcyon teased and made himself sound over privileged to Knight Nuhok's mention of her village. Once Jambe was done the help Pokere he went back to his own bike and settled on it ready to go but for now, Jambe sat patiently with his hands resting on his legs as he studied the controls of the bike.
Jambe Lu
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Kaz did the typical young nobleman thing: he lay back and relaxed while Kura and the apprentices did all the work, all the preparation. She was unsure whether he was doing it in order to teach Pokere some humility and a work ethic, or simply because he was Kaz. Sometimes, it was impossible to tell. She cast her eyes askance at him as he lazed on a bench. "Of course, sir," she drawled, her voice oozing sarcasm as he gave his thoughts on the matter of luxury.

A little surprised at Jambe's statement, a slow smile spread across Kura's lips. "Are you one who comes from the city or from the country, Jambe," she asked. Once she could start to get a handle on her apprentice, perhaps it would be easier to determine his areas of strength in the Force. As of yet, their training had revealed little, and Kura had had to content herself with acknowledging that his true gifts would reveal themselves only when he - and perhaps Kura herself - was ready to receive them.

She blinked at Pokere's question. "You are probably better off asking your master," she said, shaking her head to almost tell the girl it wasn't worth it: she would get nothing more than a flippant answer from Kaz, if he was true to form.

Finally satisfied with the bikes, a small smirk played across Kura's full lips, and she reached out a bare foot, digging Kaz lightly in the ribs to rouse him from his mocks-lumber. "It's time to wake up, Knight Halcyon," she said, her voice light with a smile. "You will not be able to cling onto someone on this ride, the way you bid me cling onto you the last time we rode a speeder bike."

And, with that, she climbed onto the lead bike, and started it, manouevring it to float a metre or so from the ground. "We shall be traversing rough terrain, so we will remain a few metres above ground." Kura glanced at the two Apprentices. "How experienced are you both with a speeder?"
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:00 am

"Oh, you know. Little tiny muffins, miniature muffins, also known as mini-muffins. About yay big... you know right?" He'd casually held out an arm at the end of which his hand had presented his first finger and thumb with the tips held about an inch or two apart to demonstrate the size of a mini-muffin. Though he'd suddenly opened his eyes to regard Pokere just in case she was standing there looking at him without even a hint of recognition in her eyes... which indeed, she was. "By everything right and good in this galaxy, please tell me you know what a mini-muffin is. How about turn down service? Oh, we're going to a resort world after this."

Kaz shook his head at Jambe's addition to the situation and sighed as he let the demonstrative arm drop to the floor for a moment in defeat. "Nobody likes a suck up, Jambe... no... wait. That's not true. Lots of people like suck ups. Forget I said that." Then he grunted when Kura came over and poked him with her foot. "Skrag woman! How long as it been since you trimmed your dewclaws?" Kaz sat up rubbing at his side theatrically before standing.

He made his way over to his bike and checked on the stasis case, he'd had to work quick to make sure its contents had reached them before they reached Shili but the results had been more than satisfactory. He knew it would impress everyone when he finally whipped them out. Kaz mounted casually, stepping on a pedal with one foot and simply high-stepping over to straddle the seat, then flaring his robe out behind him as he sat and fired it up. "Yes, I did bid you do that and as I recall you found the ride quite exciting." A subtle implication.
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Pokere Nacht » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:28 am

Pokere looked on helplessly as Kaz started answering her question, shooting an apologetic glance at Kura since it appeared that the cat was out of the bag so to speak. She could only stand there helplessly as Knight Halcyon caught on to her lack of recognition of the food item he was describing. It wasn't that she couldn't imagine the concept of a miniature muffin, she'd just never encountered them or the concept before that day. Another apologetic look as her master asked again, less rhetorically, and then added on a bit about something called 'turn down service' that had her completely lost.

When her master changed the subject Pokere was only too happy to take that escape and climb onto her bike. She was momentarily concerned as she wiggled her toes on the control pedals, wondering if she should dig her boots out of her duffel but... well, Knight Nuhok was going barefoot and that was the way Pokere often went as well so there shouldn't be a problem. Right? She shrugged to herself before realizing that Kura was asking her a question. "Huh? Oh, um... first time." She answered cheerfully, on the off chance enthusiasm for the activity to come might offset the lack of previous experience. "I've played one of the simulations on my datapad," she added hopefully.
Pokere Nacht
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Jambe Lu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:55 am

Jambe smiled at Knight Halcyon's remark and dramatic display of defeat, he wasn't entirely sucking up; just voicing his obvious opinion. "I'll keep that in mind Knight Halcyon." He laughed as Kaz rubbed his side where Knight Nuhok nudged him with her foot while he was securing his duffel bag to the back of his bike. "I come from the country Master, I visited the city a few times with my Father but it never seemed to appeal to me like the country does." Jambe said answering his Master's question.

Jambe straddled the speeder bike, his hands flying over the controls with a smile on his face. He couldn't help but think of his home. He could picture it clear in his mind, the modest house sat at the top of a hill; his mother had a garden on the side of the house where she would grow fruits and vegetables, a slight breeze would blow making the green grass bend in its wake and cause the wind chimes to sing on the porch that wrapped around his home.

His head came up as he heard his masters voice break through his mental image of his home on Naboo, he turned to look at Pokere who looked like she could explode with excitement which he couldn't blame her. He was almost surprised to hear that this will be her first time, she seemed comfortable in the seat and behind the controls of the bike itself. Powering up his own engine Jambe brought his speeder bike up a meter to match his Master's height of her own bike. He played with the throttle a little giving the engine a small rev, a smile playing across his face. "Experienced, I use to take the speeder bikes out at the temple when maintenance was done working on them."
Jambe Lu
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kura Nuhok » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:45 pm

"Kaz..."

Kura's tone was soft, and she shook her head in a tiny gesture at her partner. Pokere seemed to be almost as sheltered as she had been herself, and, as such, could hardly be expected to have the worldly knowledge that Kaz seemed to be assuming for her. Him teasing and ridiculing Kura was one thing, but to do the same to his apprentice was quite another. She would need a little more experience before she was going to be able to cope with his teasing without feeling hurt.

If anyone knew that, it was Kura.

A light smile settled on her lips as Jambe explained that he was from the country. "My family's home is in the grasslands," she said, making one last check to one of the speeders. "It may not be what you are used to. The grass is as tall as my shoulders, and the same colour as my skin. It is thought that the Togruta evolved to be able to camouflage ourselves in the grasses, as a means of protection from the akul."

"Stop acting like such a baby, Kaz," Kura replied, her voice brisk, but a mischievous sparkle in her eyes. "If you had not chosen this time to decide to rest your weary bones, I would not have had to take measures to ensure your wakefulness." She gave him a sharp-toothed grin.

A look of alarm crossed her face as Pokere admitted that she had never ridden a speeder before, and Kura lowered her speeder to the ground, dismounting once more. "Then perhaps it might be better for you to ride with one of us," she said, casting a glance at Kaz. "Knight Halcyon? What is your opinion?"
Kura Nuhok
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Kaziki Halcyon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:54 pm

"...what?"

Kaz asked after a few moments of having no idea why she was using that tone with him. He hadn't been teasing anybody, just commenting on the need to expand his apprentice's horizons. He did, however, manage to nod sagely at Jambe's concession to his earlier advice both proffered and redacted.

"I'm not acting like a baby, I'm wondering if I should get a tetanus shot... or... I don't know. I'll have to check with a healthcare professional and see what's commonly known to linger on the talons of female Togruta." He continued to make a show out of rubbing his side since she'd decided to be playful about it. "You could have always tried a kiss, like in the fairy tales."

Kaz chuckled, giving Pokere a reassuring smile to go along with her enthusiasm. "How do we learn to swim, Kura? We get wet." He leaned back on the long seat of his speeder bike, twisted, and propped himself up with an elbow as he gestured at Pokere. "Flip the two green switches, yes that's right. Then turn the dial until the physical display is at one meter... actually, set yourself at one and a quarter. That will give you some forgiveness on side to side maneuvering. The pedals control your roll so test those out gently. There, now the throttle is twisting the right handlebar, but turning is counter intuitive. It's like a boat, you have to have power to turn so don't let off the throttle completely when changing direction. The air breaks are those two levers attacked to the handles and you can pull an emergency stop by snatching back on the controls."

Kaz then pointed at the open bay doors. "Take it slow until we are out on the open grasslands, then we can let you do some practice weaving."
Kaziki Halcyon
Jedi
Jedi

Next

Return to Shili