Star Wars: Fate of the Galaxy | A post-canon "Star Wars" RPG

What We May Be

Home of the Jedi Academy, where the Jedi are striving to rebuild their temple in the midst of a military outpost.

What We May Be

PostAuthor: Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Seku walked slowly through grand corridors within the rebuilt Jedi Academy on Ossus.
She had been living here for a few months now and had more or less got to know her way around; but even so the Academy continued to find a way to amaze her on a daily basis. It wasn't just the sheer size of the place, nor was it just the architecture, or the gardens, not even the vast collection of information that could br found within the Archives. It was something much deeper than all that, more spiritual, more personal. She couldn't quite put her finger on what it was, all she did know that it was something to be nutured and cherished, and that she felt that dhe could do, for this was the first place in over ten years that she felt able to call home.

Nevertheless at this moment her focus wasn't on her home, instead it was on the instructions her master, Branvere, had relayed to her not five minutes ago. Seku shivered involuntarily. Nerves, after all it wasn't every day that a young Apprentice was asked, or was it summoned, to see the renowned Master Tiki. Instinctivley she wrapped her cloak tighter around herself until it's blue fibers all but obscured her white Ansata-inscribed tunic.

She carried on walking as she ran her master's words over and over in her mind. "Just a matter of routine." she had said, "It shouldn't take too long." But if it really was just a simple "matter of routine" then why did it have to go all the way up to Master Tiki? Annoyingly Branvere hadn't specified what this "matter of routine" was, and try as she might Seku couln't think of any answers to the swarm of questions buzzing around inside her head. She sighed in a mixture of frustration and apprehension, and kept on walking until she eventually stood outside the appointed rooms and, standing properly,uprighit as a good Apprentice should. awaited permission to enter.

Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon
Jedi
Jedi

Faction: Jedi

Re: What We May Be

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:34 pm

The door hissed open and a Kushiban, walking by with a stack of datarecorders in her arms, 'smiled' up at the young woman as she went. "Come in, come in. You're just in time to help me cross reference these tomes." Of course, for a Kushiban, smile meant that her eyes were dazzling shade of blue and her ears were up attentively. She moved along to set the datarecorders down on a low table at the end of the room. "Have you eaten, child?"

Her creamy fur rippled as he turned to regard the Twi'lek. "So you are Branvere's apprentice, yes? Good good. She is a fine swordswoman, a very resolute Jedi, but completely hopeless as a student of the sciences... have you contact your parents yet?" Tiki tilted her head and quirked her ears like a human would eyebrows, both in curiosity.
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Faction: Unaligned Systems

PostAuthor: Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:14 am

Seku bowed her head slightly before following Master Tiki through the doors. Her nerves had dissipated somewhat as Tiki finished speaking and she had visibly relaxed. She let go of her cloak, which fell to a more natural position around her shoulders, and lowered her hood.

"Yes master, I had already eaten before I was instructed to see you." Seku replied coming to a stop a little over half way into the room just as Tiki turned around.

Seku was caught slightly off guard by the next question and had to pause for a moment before answering, "Yes master, I recieved a message from them not two weeks ago. I gather that they're still living in the Brightlands and are now trying to negotiate thier way back into the Clan. As for my Master, I'm not sure that it's my place to comment on her abilities."

Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:29 am

"Excellent, wouldn't want you getting a grumbly tummy before we're even halfway through this mess. The archaeological manuals are in that stack dear, do bring them over here." Tiki pointed at another stack on the far side of the room before shuffling over to sit on the floor at the low table she'd put her stack on.

Pulling down the first 'book', flipping it over, she chuckled. "Oh, very good. I've found that the students who are in touch with their families are the most... prepared for the galaxy, for lack of a better term." She flipped through the data within the device, pressing the page button after scanning the information there. Tiki was using a Force assisted memory trick to gather pertinent information so that she could draw the connections that would allow for the proper cross references. "Oh, goodness no, child. Nor would it be your place to comment on my comments. I'm an old woman, just in the habit of observing my fellow Jedi aloud."
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Seku nodded in response to the request and walked over to the stack of datapads, craning her neck as she did so in an attempt to observe the technique Master Tiki was using. But to no avail.

She picked up the datapads and, kneeling beside Master Tiki, spread them out in ordered fashion. Judging by the number of datapads scattered across the floor Seku reckoned that she'd be in here for some time. Still it wasn't that bad, Master Tiki seemed like good company and she might even gain a nugget or two of useful information from these volumes.

"As you say master." she said deferentially."On another note, if you'll forgive my questioning, what exactly did you mean when you talked of being prepared to face the galaxy?"

Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Without looking up the diminutive master patted the ground beside her. "Come, child. I'll teach you how to do it." Obviously, Tiki had sensed the student's curiosity. It was a simple focusing technique, a sort of quasi meditation.

Tiki smoothed her small robes as she appeared to give the question due consideration before answering it, even though it stood to reason she'd already known why before she'd commented on it to begin with. "The temple is a wonderful place. A place of introspection, meditation, tranquility, and peace. It is a great place to advance a Jedi's grasp and understanding of the Force. But to put those lessons into practice, to truly master them, a Jedi must go out into the galaxy and attempt those lessons in the face of all that exists out there. The rest of the galaxy is rarely... peaceful."

"A family is the same. There are moments of perfect tranquility, but more often than not there is a constant sense of chaos that comes from more than one person attempting to navigate life while being considerate of one or more others. One of my favorite students, Kaziki Halcyon, calls it the difference between being a Jedi Monk and a Jedi Knight. A Monk reinforces their ideals in a cloister, a Knight tests their ideals in the so called 'real world.' He has many years before he is a master, but he has an interesting view in that perspective."
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Seku found herself nodding slowly as Master Tiki explained her reasoning. The way she said it made it sound so clear, so simple. Privatley Seku wondered how she would fare if and when she was called to act in the "real world". Well, she supposed, there was only one way to find that out.

Her lekku twitched slightly at the mention of Knight Halycon's name, she had never met him but she had heard his name bandied around on a fair few occasions. But Master Tiki seemed to think highly of him and Seku wasn't one to contradict a member of the Council.

Seku paused after Tiki had finised speaking, taking a few moments to absorb all that had just been said. "I think I understand; thank you master." , she said somewhat hesitantly, "But how does one know when they're ready to face the rest of the galaxy?"

Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:25 am

"Ah, the question that has plagued every Jedi to ever train a student. When are they ready? When are we ready to let them go? Hm, it can become quite troubling. It is why so few attempt to train their own offspring, and instead entrust them to other masters." It wasn't universal, the Corellian Jedi often saw to their own, but it was how most of the Order handled things. The diminutive master switched books, relaxing her perceptions and drawing in the knowledge with her Force-enhanced mind.

"We create standards that seem, at least mostly, universal. The creation of ones own lightsaber, for instance. Masters often look to the trials of the old Order for inspiration as well. Grand Master Luke Skywalker had a tendency to fall back on the Trial of the Heart that he himself went through under the guidance of his masters, and it can be a good measuring stick for a perceptive master to use in judging the development of a student. I personally prefer to give my students a series of escalating challenges as their mastery of the Force develops, eventually leading to solo missions. It builds confidence, like teaching school children."

"Yet others take on their apprentice and immediately set out into the galaxy, trusting the Force and the law of averages to provide the lessons the student needs to learn. And then to provide the opportunity to prove they are ready to be on their own..." Tiki suddenly chuckled to herself and regarded Seku with her species version of a smile. "I suppose what I'm trying to say, in my long winded way, is that it is different for each of us. I knew I was ready when fear of what I did not know no longer held sway over me."
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

PostAuthor: Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:04 pm

The young Twi'lek continued to listen, completely captivated by the Master's insight and knowledge. She picked up new datapads a couple of times as she continued to cross reference them, but her main focus had most definitely switched to taking in Master Tiki's words of wisdom.

Seku had been srapped in awe throughout the whole speech, but it was Master Tiki's final few words that really struck a chord with her. "I knew I was ready when fear of what I did not know no longer held sway over me." There was an old saying, Seku could not,quite remember where from, that which we admire most in others is that which we lack most in ourselves. Well to some degree at least that was the case here and now. For in truth Seku was terrified of that which she did not know on many many levels. It didn't matter whether it was something as small as not knowing where some piece of information was filed (and consequently being unable to procure it when required); or whether it was something as large and important as being sent to a planet she had never heard of to help in a matter she knew nothing about; or even whether it was simply walking down a dark alley and not knowing what was going on around her; the unknow terrified her. Seku had worked hard, and continued to work hard, at conquering this fear, and she desperatley wanted to do so and become a good Jedi. However this particular aspect of her character ran deep and change did not come to it naturally or easily. But she was committed and determined, and with the right help and the right guidance she would change it.

Seku returned the smile. " Thank you again master. I'll try to keep all that in mind." "It sounds like I still have a long way to go before I'm ready though." she added, almost as an afterthought as she carried on with her work.

Seku [Doneeta-]Luroon
Jedi
Jedi

PostAuthor: Unifying Force » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:04 am

"We all do, young one. Learning never ends, especially for students of the Force. If you ever hear one of our kind claim they have learned all there is to know, you will know they have lost their way." She hummed to herself as she found something that seemed to bare some similarity to an item already read, causing Tiki to make a note on a nearby datapad before continuing with her reading. "How has your lightsaber training been coming along?"
I AM THE FORCE!
Unifying Force
The Force
The Force

Next

Return to Ossus